Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Penguins extend Marcus Pettersson (5 years, $4.025175M AAV)

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well, your expectations are too high.

Ive likely heard of him, but seeing as how hes a completely average player with less then 200 games played he isnt standing out in my mind. His career high is 19 points.

Why people are offended about this I have no idea. If you think im the only one youre quite mistaken.

Posting what basically amounts to "who" is pretty much the same thing as saying "first!" or something equally as banal.

It's been done to death and you usually just up looking worse for it. I don't think anyone is offended, but it's like, why bother?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Posting what basically amounts to "who" is pretty much the same thing as saying "first!" or something equally as banal.

It's been done to death and you usually just up looking worse for it. I don't think anyone is offended, but it's like, why bother?

Because, as I said, it seems like a big contract for a guy I have no recollection of.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Interestingly, that is the exact cost of his country club membership, that is why he insisted on this contract number.

Haha, maybe... I would be curious on how this number came about. You would think that the Penguins owner would just pay for that on the side as a benefit. I'm sure some players get some freebies so that they get under a certain amount. Maybe he also gets free rent or lease on a car?

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
People act like this is a nobody getting a huge defenseman deal. Could it have been for a little less?........Yes, but its also a fair deal. Coming into the league the guy had a nice skillset at the #38 overall pick in the 2014 draft. He's only 23 and looking better every year. Hes tough to play against and will continue to fill out into that frame even more.

I'm ok with the deal and could even turn out to be a steal if he keeps developing. Hes already averaging almost 20 mins a game this year and fills out our top 4 nicely

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Not really. He's a cromulent 2nd pair defenseman, so it's pretty fair money.

This deal is really just making him whole for the 875k *wink wink" contract he signed for the team last season. Taken whole, it's 6 years, 21 million, 3.5 million cap hit.

Somebody is getting into their big word bag today! ;)

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Surprised by that. Usually you have a good feel on our D.

tenor.gif

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Not really. He's a cromulent 2nd pair defenseman, so it's pretty fair money.

This deal is really just making him whole for the 875k *wink wink" contract he signed for the team last season. Taken whole, it's 6 years, 21 million, 3.5 million cap hit.
Hopefully the new contract will inspire him to embiggen his game.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
in 5 years when Crosby retires and Pittsburgh goes bankrupt for the 3rd time and threatens to move...... you will be happy that the hockey world revolves around toronto.

revenue sharing is your friend.

You say stuff like this and then wonder why people resent you

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You say stuff like this and then wonder why people resent you

I wonder why people resent the team and the Fan base that literally employs half the league and funds it.......

Pittsburgh has had what 4-5 of the greatest players of all time. Consistently a great team everything is great. The second they start to lose and the fans don’t care. the second they dip. Boom bankruptcy.

They pay for the Steelers win or lose. But not the pens. The league has to pay for and bail out these teams time and time again.

Everyone understands and accepts it. Then fans are upset because the media revolves around Toronto......
Fans of other teams should be grateful that they get to live off the money of other teams.

Just like fans of the raptors should be great full for the coverage etc of the lakers. If there wasn’t the Yankees and the lakers and all the success there. There wouldnt be teams in toronto.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I wonder why people resent the team and the Fan base that literally employs half the league and funds it.......

Pittsburgh has had what 4-5 of the greatest players of all time. Consistently a great team and the fans don’t care. the second they dip. Boom bankruptcy.

They pay for the Steelers. But not the pens. The league has to pay for and bail out these teams time and time again.

Everyone understands and accepts it. Then fans are upset because the media revolves around Toronto......
Fans of other teams should be grateful that they get to live off the money of other teams.

Just like fans of the raptors should be great full for the coverage etc of the lakers. If there wasn’t the Yankees and the lakers and all the success there. There wouldnt be teams in toronto.

What a dumb as rocks take.

BTW.

Penguins Fans Ranked No. 1 in NHL by Forbes

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh has had what 4-5 of the greatest players of all time. Consistently a great team and the fans don’t care. the second they dip. Boom bankruptcy.

They pay for the Steelers. But not the pens. The league has to pay for and bail out these teams time and time again.

Hahahahahahahahahah

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc

Pittsburgh has had what 4-5 of the greatest players of all time. Consistently a great team everything is great. The second they start to lose and the fans don’t care. the second they dip. Boom bankruptcy.

They pay for the Steelers win or lose. But not the pens. The league has to pay for and bail out these teams time and time again.

Are you trying to be funny ?

If so, back to the drawing boards...

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad