Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Penguins extend Marcus Pettersson (5 years, $4.025175M AAV)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Almost certainly.

If he could somehow fetch a depth forward / depth defender with term - on really cheap contracts, I could see him moved before the TDL. Or some sort of swap to a team with a glutton of mid-tier forwards in need of a 2RD. Otherwise we're using him as our own rental and letting him walk in the Summer, because he deserves better than bottom-pairing money and will likely want a contract with more term than we'd be comfortable giving him anyway.

Gee if only there was a team with great forward depth that need a 2RD

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Hahahaha. Just so sad. you don’t like me because you spent the summer trying to troll about leaf contracts. You and about 4 Tampa fans were arrogant enough to actually try to argue that you knew better than agents gms players and accountants regarding taxes....... only to be proven horrifically wrong.

you still have an axe to grind because you are “entitled” enough to believe that tax advantages should be allowed in a cap system......

It’s simple. The person complaining about the “center of the universe.” Made a dumb remark to a moderator who made an innocuous comment.

I reminded that person that it’s clearly a good thing to have the “center” of the hockey universe. Because it allows teams that need help to keep teams.

a Pittsburgh fan should know that. Considering their team, despite incredible success, has had to file for bankruptcy twice and defaulted
On payments. They will be much More stable when Crosby leaves thanks to increased tv deals, fans and coverage. Leaf media and fans are a massive part of that

So it’s a good thing the hockey universe exists... or many teams wouldn’t.

The rest “victim” is just silly. There are a small portion of people like you who just want to complain about the leafs. Then you get mad when people correct you

You're even playing the victim when explaining why your fanbase doesn't. Go away man. You guys always do this. It is what it is. There are too many of you. It's just going to happen. But don't insult all of us by acting like it doesn't happen - we literally see it every day.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Gee if only there was a team with great forward depth that need a 2RD

The offer would have to be a forward who's 'worth' offsets the Pens losing depth at the 2nd pairing (who slotted up to the 1st during the 2017 run).

Right now we're short of guys who can handily slot up in the top-6. Rumor has it there's a deal in place for Zucker if Minny drops out of the hunt. Personally I'd like to go after a 2nd piece but that might be debated by other fans.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Leafs have a bad contract?
c97b32cf7622aa0ad3e88b38c6080f50.jpg

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Jim rutherford "Ok Marcus we like you how about 4 mil a year"
Pettersson scoffs "Thats garbage, no way am I signing that"
Jim Rutherford " Ok how about 4.025 a year"
Pettersson "Pffft no way"
Rutherford "Ok how about 4.025175"
Pettersson "I'm glad we could come to this arrangement"

There is a local fine @ $1040.00 for wading in the inlet.

I have pondered for years at how they arrived at the last $40. Was there a meeting where the fine was discussed and they came to the consensus that $1000 simply wouldn't keep people out of the water....... BUT $1040.......THAT'S IT... .THAT'S THE NUMBER!!! SUCCESS

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
I haven’t gone through all 7 pages but I am sure there is a lot of wow that’s an overpayment. I am sure this guy is getting very little PP time. His possession numbers are solid. I look at it this way it might be a slight overpayment now it will a very good deal in a year or two and a steal by the end.

he is just coming into his own and this is buying prime years at a reasonable cap hit.
This is far too reasonable of a take for this insane thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->