Recalled/Assigned: Pirri the yoyo - Current Status :UP - WTF Is going on?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm actually not against giving him a chance but we've seen with Pirri even if he grabs it GMGM might still prioritize maybe getting a 6th round pick for Lindberg over him. He did this same garbage early last season and it didn't net us anything.

Mostly, since we have Zykov now, that makes Lindberg (the worst of Nosek, Carpenter and Lindberg) even more expendable. Just waive him or deal with the defense issue instead of overcomplicating things for yourself.

All this time worrying about not losing 13th forwards and 8th defensemen for nothing, and here we are giving up a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd for a handful of games for Tatar. (plus paying part of his salary)

The Knights have been so fortunate with the draft and waivers. And UFAs. Let's not be greedy and stingy here. Spread the wealth, take a chance. It's not like Griffin Reinhart was nabbed off waivers.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
All this time worrying about not losing 13th forwards and 8th defensemen for nothing, and here we are giving up a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd for a handful of games for Tatar. (plus paying part of his salary)

The Knights have been so fortunate with the draft and waivers. And UFAs. Let's not be greedy and stingy here. Spread the wealth, take a chance. It's not like Griffin Reinhart was nabbed off waivers.
Yeah but Reinhart is like Merrill... so awful no one wants him.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Smith has 9 goals in 45 games.

Pirri has 6 goals in 7 games.

Yes, thats a small sample size for Pirri but still I would try him out in the top 6 instead of Smith, like this:
Marchessault - Karlsson - Pirri
Pacioretty - Stastny - Tuch
R.Smith - Eakin - Carpenter
Lindberg - Bellemare - Reaves

Would actually give you 3 scoring lines.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Smith has 9 goals in 45 games.

Pirri has 6 goals in 7 games.

Yes, thats a small sample size for Pirri but still I would try him out in the top 6 instead of Smith, like this:
Marchessault - Karlsson - Pirri
Pacioretty - Stastny - Tuch
R.Smith - Eakin - Carpenter
Lindberg - Bellemare - Reaves

Would actually give you 3 scoring lines.
I disagree 100%. Smith does so much on the defensive side, having Pirri and Marche on the same line could be a disaster. Eakin has shown he can set up guys who have offensive prowess, Pirri might find chemistry with him.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Carrier is a fourth line grinder and we still didn't use the extra forward of Nosek, Carpenter or Lindberg to fill that spot? But bring Pirri back to the NHL? Makes the initial sending down instead of waiving even more puzzling.

As for the lines, if they roll
Pirri- Eakin- Tuch and put Nosek with Stastny and Pacioretty it could spread out the offensive and defensive strength through our three lines, and the fourth more than holds it's own. We could play the Eakin and Stastny lines pretty much equally.

Tuch and Eakin had some chemistry, as did Pirri and Tuch. Nosek on the second line is the question mark there. If only Haula was healthy we would really be set.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Line up all depend on Smith really. I'd go Nosek on the 4th, I think he works better there than the other two. If Smith is out, Pirri takes Tuch's spot, Tuch takes Smiths.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
No way you move Tuch to 3rd line, but Pirri and Smith also have history. I guess this is a good problem to have for Turk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad