Recalled/Assigned: Pirri the yoyo - Current Status :UP - WTF Is going on?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
McCrimmon esplains it...

It was dumb to send down Theodore and Tuch last year and it's dumb to do it to Pirri this year. The situations are also very different so you can tell he's reaching for excuses.

We seem to have a great scouting department (expansion draft and 2017 draft) and mediocre hockey management. But the management team is the department making the biggest decisions so I absolutely worry about any move they make.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
So you send down a player that is currently on a hot streak?

Patches had cooled off in December. Hopefully it’s because he wasn’t 100% and hopefully he now is 100%.

If he doesn’t score much in the next month then I’m going to miss Pirri even more and that’s saying something because I miss him a lot already.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hot streaks don't last forever. Have to keep his 3 remaining games available in case of injury but seems extremely likely he returns after trade deadline for good. He will get one way deal next year from someone if it's not VGK.

No they don't last forever but imagine if he was sent down before the last game. No GWG from Pirri in a 0-0 game where Campbell is shutting us out.

12 points of a possible 14 with him in the lineup, no regulation losses. There's hot streaks and there's helping a team win.

The Knights could offer him an extension right now if they wanted.

Last edited:

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Dear George McPhee,

giphy.gif

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
No they don't last forever but imagine if he was sent down before the last game. No GWG from Pirri in a 0-0 game where Campbell is shutting us out.

12 points of a possible 14 with him in the lineup, no regulation losses. There's hot streaks and there's helping a team win.

The Knights could offer him an extension right now if they wanted.

There's also the fact that he hasn't been on the ice for a goal against in 7 games, is over a ppg in that span, has a history of putting up points in the NHL and has shown real improvement with his defensive ability.

He hasn't been a liability out there and guys like Nosek, Lindberg and Carpenter may be better defensively but make more than their share of bad plays that lead to dangerous chances.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Some food for thought. . .

Brandon Pirri has 6 goals in 7 games this season.

Oscar Lindberg, Tomas Nosek and Ryan Carpenter have a combined 7 goals together in a combined 87 games this season.

Yes, I’m bitter. Ok, I’ll stop posting about it.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Mcphee: Thank you for coming into my office today Pirri
Pirri: Anytime.
Mchpee: I would just like to congratulate your tremendous performance the past couple of games. You really helped us win these past couple of games
Pirri: Well thank you. Is that all?
Mchpee: No, because you helped us so much, i am going to reward you with something special
Pirri: What is it?
Mchpee: Your reward is that you are getting reassigned to the ahl.
Pirri: What?
Mchpee: I said that you are getting sent down to the ahl.
Pirri: Seriously?
Mchpee: Yes seriously.
Pirri:
tenor.gif

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Mcphee: Thank you for coming into my office today Pirri
Pirri: Anytime.
Mchpee: I would just like to congratulate your tremendous performance the past couple of games. You really helped us win these past couple of games
Pirri: Well thank you. Is that all?
Mchpee: No, because you helped us so much, i am going to reward you with something special
Pirri: What is it?
Mchpee: Your reward is that you are getting reassinged to the ahl.
Pirri: What?
Mchpee: I said that you are getting sent down to the ahl.
Pirri: Seriously?
Mchpee: Yes seriously.
Pirri:
tenor.gif
McPhee: oh one more thing.. please tell Brannstrom that we look forward to seeing him play for us in 3-5 years when he’s... ya know, old enough. Have a safe flight.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Some food for thought. . .

Brandon Pirri has 6 goals in 7 games this season.

Oscar Lindberg, Tomas Nosek and Ryan Carpenter have a combined 7 goals together in a combined 87 games this season.

Yes, I’m bitter. Ok, I’ll stop posting about it.

Actually I wouldn’t mind if you keep going.

Reactions: Knightmare

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Hot streaks don't last forever. Have to keep his 3 remaining games available in case of injury but seems extremely likely he returns after trade deadline for good. He will get one way deal next year from someone if it's not VGK.

I don’t think this is just some hot streak though. People are upset because they think he will keep scoring.

Last edited:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
We must assume GMGM sees Zykov as an upgrade to Pirri then? :laugh:

I'm still trying to figure out what GMGM sees in Zykov. That's the rub here tbh. Sending Pirri down temporarily isn't a big deal, it's better than losing a player. But it comes back to wtf do they see in Zykov.

Not sure why Lawless cannot ask that particular question with his front office access pass.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Bottom line is they win with Pirri. If you are serious about winning, take a risk with someone who isn't producing on a career best level. Waive Lindberg. Keep Pirri in. This roster gymnastics is too clever. Just field your best lineup. What's the downside if Lindy gets picked up?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
With Pirri in the lineup there would only be room for one of Nosek, Carpenter or Lindbeeg anyway. So, you could lose Lindberg to waivers and have another one get an injury and still be fine.

This management team over thinks things too much.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If they liked him enough they wouldn’t make this move. Waiting until the trade deadline is way too long.

Or they have another trade coming before that to take someone off the NHL roster so they can recall Pirri. They do have 8 D (including Miller on the IR).

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Or they have another trade coming before that to take someone off the NHL roster so they can recall Pirri. They do have 8 D (including Miller on the IR).

Yeah you’re right. Not sure I’m thrilled about the possibility of a trade though. But I’d have to see the players involved first to really have an opinion on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad