Rumor: Pierre-Luc Dubois

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
lol summing up PLD with “he’s a 50 pt player”

this site kills me sometimes

Right? Imagine a stronger build of Larkin at age 22 and he ends up playing for Mike Babcock... And it turns sour. And we keep Babcock, and trade Larkin. Now im not comparing the coaches in any other aspect besides being abrasive and intimidating style coaches.

We would be lucky to add him, but its likely out of the question barring a miracle deal for us. I dont see Steve moving anyone from his recent drafts, anyone under Hollands umbrella is a maybe besides Zadina, Hronek essentially.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Just thinking for other people...who says no?

Josh Anderson for Pierre-Luc Dubois
I was going to say Josh Anderson says no, but his M-NTC doesn't kick in til after the season. But I'd imagine Columbus would want more than a player they traded away for a worse, older player than Dubois.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I was going to say Josh Anderson says no, but his M-NTC doesn't kick in til after the season. But I'd imagine Columbus would want more than a player they traded away for a worse, older player than Dubois.

We have a chance to watch “Draft Day” but NHL style right now. I just want chaos

Reactions: Ezekial

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Duboisis really good and the type of center that would really fit well with what the wings are trending towards style wise. Hes at the very least your number 2 center for Larkin and could grow into a beast.

I would be worried about his attitude but who knows whats going on over there with Torts. Hes and RFA at the end of this contract so him sulking doesnt worry me because he'll be playing for a contract.

I would go pretty hard after him because the wings are so strong down the wing

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Duboisis really good and the type of center that would really fit well with what the wings are trending towards style wise. Hes at the very least your number 2 center for Larkin and could grow into a beast.

I would be worried about his attitude but who knows whats going on over there with Torts. Hes and RFA at the end of this contract so him sulking doesnt worry me because he'll be playing for a contract.

I would go pretty hard after him because the wings are so strong down the wing
We have a lot of wingers wouldn't say we are strong..

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
If it is WPG, guessing Laine for PLD + Gavrikov + 2nd

Oh f***. That'll go over swimmingly with both players. Laine wants to play in the California sun and PLD wants to play for anyone's guess, but Winnipeg doesn't seem to be a popular destination so I think it's safe to rule them out.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Oh f***. That'll go over swimmingly with both players. Laine wants to play in the California sun and PLD wants to play for anyone's guess, but Winnipeg doesn't seem to be a popular destination so I think it's safe to rule them out.
Pretty sure I read PLD's dad is an Asst. Coach in the AHL? (in WPG/Manitoba) Though I may be confusing him with another player.

Reactions: LazyT

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Talent upgrade aside, I'm getting strong Andreas Anastasiou vibes.

Yzerman would be foolish not to inquire. But where Detroit currently is, I pass.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Laine got put on the injured reserve list today.
this just in from the Twatterverse

upload_2021-1-22_23-10-29.png

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
GMs don't usually trade within their divisions and I don't think Columbus' GM would want to see PLD play motivated against his former team this season.
Columbus probably won't be in our division again after this season, they were in the metro. So I wouldn't be too concerned about it going forward if I was Jarmo.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I'd be happy with a deal around Mantha. Trade one player with intensity and commitment questions for another, only one who's younger, plays a more valuable position, and with higher upside. Say Mantha+Veleno for Dubois.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'd be happy with a deal around Mantha. Trade one player with intensity and commitment questions for another, only one who's younger, plays a more valuable position, and with higher upside. Say Mantha+Veleno for Dubois.
I get the logic, but consider this:

Mantha 50-70pt (very likely he hits ~70 when we're competitive in a few yrs, or sooner)
Veleno 2/3C tweener, 2way, young, cheap, fast+zone entries etc.
35-50pt projection. Likely hits ~50 when we're competitive in a few yrs, possibly sooner)

So taking their baselines 50+35=85pt player vs.PLD peak maybe 70-80max; career avg. of 54.2 pts/82, including 2yrs playing with Panarin, Duchene etc.

Now peaks: 70+50=120pt. player vs. PLD peak ~70-80max.

Mantha for PLD, slight add on our end (Hirose +3rd + Tuomisto). Otherwise not interested with PLD's attitude, or at least how he handled the last few days. Yzerman won't tolerate it either.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
How about we give Seider and Raymond for someone who has some kind of problems,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad