Rumor: Pierre-Luc Dubois

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I would LOVE PLD on the Wings. Hes a monster when motivated. I would love to see him on a team that isn't so defensively focuesd. I wish we had more we could offer though. The best we could really offer at C is Rasmussen or Veleno. We would probably have to throw in a W or D like a Bertuzzi or Dekeyser. Noone else of value on our team really screams out as a player that would really fit Torts system (except Seider/Raymond and thats not happening). And they could have any prospect they want thats not Seider/Raymond/Zadina.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I know Mantha is more valuable than Bert, I just cannot envision Mantha playing under Torts. If I am CBJ and plan on sticking with Torts then I ask for Bertuzzi.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
When Josh Anderson gets traded to MTL instead:

upload_2021-1-22_14-52-22.png

The NHL watching the PLD drama unfold

upload_2021-1-22_14-50-44.png

Meanwhile PLD pouts like a baby
upload_2021-1-22_14-57-42.png

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Agreed with MBH, I think any package for PLD would be centered around mantha+something else with legitimate value. I dont see Jarmo wanting to take a bunch of medium pieces or futures

I think Columbus has to get a center back, don't they?
A team that goes Domi/Texier/Jenner/Nash can't get that far.

It's hard to see how Columbus can get what they need from Detroit.

Reactions: golffuul

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013

Definitely not getting anywhere with that center line up. They'd get destroyed trying to hold a lead. Who can give them what they want at this point though? Of the teams listed, the only with a spare comparable value C are Washington with Kuz and Philly with Coots(which aint happening).

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I honestly don't think Detroit has the pieces to get him. They will be looking for a center back as part of the package and Detroit is not moving Larkin.

Reactions: Preposterone

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I'd love to see the Wings trade for PLD but I don't see a match here. You never know, though.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I honestly don't think Detroit has the pieces to get him. They will be looking for a center back as part of the package and Detroit is not moving Larkin.

This is pretty much it. We just don't have the assets that Columbus needs to get back in the deal. Such is life as a rebuilding team. Moving on...

Reactions: Go Wings

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Mantha not really making a great case for himself so far to be the centerpiece of a deal like this in the first few games this year unfortunately

unfortunate since it's probably the only realistic move here, guess we'll see if Columbus is willing to look past that and focus more on last year if they don't get a Center they like offered

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Definitely not getting anywhere with that center line up. They'd get destroyed trying to hold a lead. Who can give them what they want at this point though? Of the teams listed, the only with a spare comparable value C are Washington with Kuz and Philly with Coots(which aint happening).

I gotta think Kotkaniemi from Montreal...
Finnish GM gets a Finnish center.
Montreal gets a French center.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Mantha not really making a great case for himself so far to be the centerpiece of a deal like this in the first few games this year unfortunately

unfortunate since it's probably the only realistic move here, guess we'll see if Columbus is willing to look past that and focus more on last year if they don't get a Center they like offered

If Mantha would be scoring 2 points game, we would absolutely not be considering trading him.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Last edited:

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013

That was my initial thought as well looking at the teams list, but I dont think KK has shown enough to have that kind of value. Kekkalainen hasnt seemed to be a guy to put much stock into nationality over talent (PLD over Pulju for instance).

The uncertainty with 1st round pick value right now probably isnt helping the situation. My opinion is that a package with significant futures wouldn't even be in the conversation until near the end of the season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad