Rumor: Pierre-Luc Dubois

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
As an Ohioan, "American Manitoba" is the most flattering thing I've ever heard about the place.
:laugh::thumbu:

As a kid in the 70's my family took a roadtrip to visit my Aunt & Uncle who was a nuclear engineer in/near Cleveland. The drinking water tasted beyond terrible, smelled weird & we couldn't wait to get back to Long Island. The local pizza place was excellent though.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
As I mentioned late last night, don't see this working out well

I hope for the best for everyone involved but yeah the Ohio/Manitoba thing, and playing for Torts thing, it just doesn't seem like a recipe for success here

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
As I mentioned late last night, don't see this working out well

I hope for the best for everyone involved but yeah the Ohio/Manitoba thing, and playing for Torts thing, it just doesn't seem like a recipe for success here
I think Jarmo's plan B is to trade Laine for a better return than what he paid, while dumping a headache. Plan A is to have Laine work out obviously.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
This seems like a bad trade for both teams...

CBJ gets great value, but do they really think Laine will stick around? Same with PLD in Winnipeg

PLD's dad is an assistant coach with the Winnipeg's AHL team the Manitoba Moose I would bet he stays.

Laine on the other hand who knows.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think Jarmo's plan B is to trade Laine for a better return than what he paid, while dumping a headache. Plan A is to have Laine work out obviously.
Nah dude, he thinks just because he's Finnish that Laine will sign long term :)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
When is the last time we traded a roster player? Like in the top 6? Primeau for Shannyn?

Those are quite of non-existent in general.

It tells about your team, that if it's built good, no one wants out from a major role.

If you are forced to a trade, something is wrong on your home base. And we haven't had that kind of ever.

Kozlov for Hasek has been the latest I think. Top6 player for starting goalie. Every trade since that has been "veterans" for futures. Or bottom6 player on other side.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Columbus will never regret getting Laine.

He'll become bigger and better star than Rick Nash ever was.

Winnipeg lost this trade pretty bad in value, but they have some other pieces to build the team quite well around them.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
:laugh::thumbu:

As a kid in the 70's my family took a roadtrip to visit my Aunt & Uncle who was a nuclear engineer in/near Cleveland. The drinking water tasted beyond terrible, smelled weird & we couldn't wait to get back to Long Island. The local pizza place was excellent though.

well, they did manage to set a river on fire in the 70s. Cleveland clearly knew what it was doing with its water.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
burning-river-pale-ale2.jpg
well, they did manage to set a river on fire in the 70s. Cleveland clearly knew what it was doing with its water.

They named a freaking beer after it!

Reactions: Winger98

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Yea, but Anze Kopitar is a markedly better player and put up 61 points in the NHL at 19 years old. Veleno is 21.
I know that I am just trying to point out that young player can make tremendous strides in a year and and player's production is a result of much more than just his ability and effort.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
As an Ohioan, "American Manitoba" is the most flattering thing I've ever heard about the place.
COlumbus/Dayton area isn't bad, and I liked Cincinnati. Toledo and Cleveland are cesspools. That TWisted Tea incident had me wondering why I've heard of Elyria, and realized I've stayed there multiple times because it's the closest hotel to Lorain. There are definitely weird people in that area.

Manitoba is my least favorite place I've traveled for work. One city and the rest of it is one frozen expanse of nothingness. Manitoba is not a compliment, and if there's a state that's similar, it's the one just south of Manitoba.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Laine definitely doesn't seem to be a Tortorella guy at all! This seems like a trade where both guys leave as soon as they are UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad