Phoenix Coyotes Lounge VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
They traded a good coach and a bad GM for a coach they had previously fired in the GM seat and gave the coaching job to a guy best in the AHL.

The Oilers are what you get when a 13 year old plays NHL13 on his Xbox. They tried to correct that but it's still not enough. The players are so accustomed to losing and still getting paid, still having no expectation of wins, that they don't care anymore. The window has passed. Trade at least Yakupov and Eberle, and assemble a playoff team.

Most teams build from Goalie, D, centers, then wingers. Oilers trying it in reverse. It all starts at the top, having an owner that can pick the right GM, GM picking the right coach, coach having the right mix of players. They are kind of trapped now with all the hype around the kids and scoring, no big centers to defend in the west, no D, and goal tending. When they signed LOL, are you kidding me? Did they not watch any of his games?

TMAC has to bite the bullet, and start from scratch, build the team for 3 years from now, not today. All these 6 million dollar contracts for kids could make them not tradable if they burp a little...Makes me so happy we have DM and Tip, they can make mistakes but it won't be a total disaster that screws us up for years...

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Most teams build from Goalie, D, centers, then wingers. Oilers trying it in reverse.

I know there is a mentality that you should always take the best player available in a draft, but when you are in full rebuild and have had the 1st picks three years in a row seems like maybe one of those drafts you go for needs. 2012 Edmonton could have picked Ryan Murray over Yak for instance.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'll be at the game next Tuesday against the Kings. Totally planning on taking a sign with me that says "Morris 4 Norris". What's going on with the parking? Should I buy a pass ahead of time? Just take a $20 bill with me?

Parking in the $15 lots was fine opening night, lines were not too bad. But I was there early too.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Tried Buono's Pizza at Dobson and Guadapule just about an hour ago. It was decent.

Probably going to have to go back to not eating wheat in a few days though, so that may very well be the last time I eat there.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
On a random note, I sort of solved the mystery of the seat to the left of my regular seat.

I sit in section 214, row G, seat 16 regularly, 18 being the aisle seat. All last season, seat 17 was unoccupied (officially) except for the first two periods of the home opener (I took advantage of this fact and made it "unofficially" occupied by buying tickets for friends in random places in the arena and then having them sit next to me in seat 17). I could never find seat 17 for sale anywhere on any website, reseller or otherwise.

It was finally sort of answered this season. It was unoccupied for the home opener, for game 2 against Ottawa my friend sat in it (her seat was theoretically in 220), and for the game against Detroit, someone else was finally there. I asked him where he bought it and he said Ticketmaster. Out of curiosity, I looked around at future games, and seat 17 is unsold for most of them so far, and on Ticketmaster.

My guess is that it was a season ticket last season and that person never managed to come to games and never bothered trying to sell the seat. Now it's not theirs anymore, so it's just up for grabs from the box office.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
I will admit that I thought it was a good Idea it have a Tim Horton's at the arena. However, after trying one of their donuts, I have 2nd thoughts. Tim Horton's Dounts are sooooo ****ing bad that Krispy Kreme tastes better and that's saying something about KK as well since they're not all that great themselves. Not sure about their coffee though as I have yet to try it.

If you put a Tim's at the arena, every single snowbird will stop by at least once. When the Yotes play a Canadian team, the Tim Horton's will have the longest line in the arena. Guaranteed.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
If you put a Tim's at the arena, every single snowbird will stop by at least once. When the Yotes play a Canadian team, the Tim Horton's will have the longest line in the arena. Guaranteed.
So fewer people in line at Wetzel Pretzels? :nod:

I've been to the Tim Hortons in Kandahar, and there's nothing better than getting to the big airfield after 4 days with hardly any sleep, splitting a dozen with a buddy and passing out for 10 hours in your hooch (do I know how to party or what?).

The TH in Canada proper do breakfast / lunch sandwiches and stuff, doubt you'd get THAT in an arena, but their donuts would be great. Even if they're gouging ($2/donut?) I'd still be in line probably 10-15 games a season.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I've actually had the Baltika. I did like it a lot. Very much. Ever had the Lobster Lover from Lithuania? If you ever go back to Beaver Choice, order it. Reminds me a bit of the Baltika. But somehow even more boozy while actually being more tasty.

Speaking mixing in a little Rye, who likes Bourbon? I've recently discovered Bulleit brand whiskey in the last year or two and it has got this wonderful 28% rye content that makes it amazing. Not as sticky or sweet as some of the traditional corn whiskeys but not nearly has bitter and lava like as some of the straight rye whiskeys on the market. It's really my perfect bourbon. Anyone else had this stuff? It's also relatively cheap. Like dirt cheap compared to some lesser whiskey out there.
Never heard of Lobster Lover but it's on the list, and I have a nearly-empty bottle of Bulleit in my freezer right next to a full bottle of Bulleit. Very, very drinkable.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Never heard of Lobster Lover but it's on the list, and I have a nearly-empty bottle of Bulleit in my freezer right next to a full bottle of Bulleit. Very, very drinkable.
Not to put you on the spot, but did you ever get out to the Museum of Northern AZ? How did you find it? (Bear in mind that I have no affiliations or attachments to the place--give it to me straight. Also bear in mind that I would understand completely if you were distracted by some of the other attractions in the area.)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Not to put you on the spot, but did you ever get out to the Museum of Northern AZ? How did you find it? (Bear in mind that I have no affiliations or attachments to the place--give it to me straight. Also bear in mind that I would understand completely if you were distracted by some of the other attractions in the area.)
No ... something came up and I had to scuttle the trip. Still on the agenda not this weekend but at some point.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
So fewer people in line at Wetzel Pretzels? :nod:

I've been to the Tim Hortons in Kandahar, and there's nothing better than getting to the big airfield after 4 days with hardly any sleep, splitting a dozen with a buddy and passing out for 10 hours in your hooch (do I know how to party or what?).

The TH in Canada proper do breakfast / lunch sandwiches and stuff, doubt you'd get THAT in an arena, but their donuts would be great. Even if they're gouging ($2/donut?) I'd still be in line probably 10-15 games a season.

Up here donuts are 90 cents each, so yah I could see them charging around 2 bucks. I would wager that at some point during the year if you get a huge Canadian crowd, there will be more Tim's coffee sold then beer at one of the games. It's that big up here.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
I will admit that I thought it was a good Idea it have a Tim Horton's at the arena. However, after trying one of their donuts, I have 2nd thoughts. Tim Horton's Dounts are sooooo ****ing bad that Krispy Kreme tastes better and that's saying something about KK as well since they're not all that great themselves. Not sure about their coffee though as I have yet to try it.

Tim's coffee is fairly mediocre and there's a reason everybody orders it double-double, donuts are usually bad and muffins are questionable at best, unless they're fresh out of the oven or whatever heating device they use. When I visit Winnipeg I never fail to stop at one for some unknown reason though. And if there was one at the arena, I would definitely hit it up when I see a game.

As for Phoenix food talk, where is the best place to get a baja style fish taco? Breaded and fried or seared, doesn't make a difference to me. What do you have?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tim's coffee is fairly mediocre and there's a reason everybody orders it double-double, donuts are usually bad and muffins are questionable at best, unless they're fresh out of the oven or whatever heating device they use. When I visit Winnipeg I never fail to stop at one for some unknown reason though. And if there was one at the arena, I would definitely hit it up when I see a game.

As for Phoenix food talk, where is the best place to get a baja style fish taco? Breaded and fried or seared, doesn't make a difference to me. What do you have?

Joyride taco house on Gilbert and Elliot. It's a fantastic place to get both kinds of fish tacos. Get two of each. Also, grab the cocktail that has both cucumbers and Serrano peppers in it. Sounds gross, but it turns out it's the perfect way to drink tequila.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
When I was younger (havn't been recent) NYPD Pizza was awesome..Gilbert and Elliot is not far. I will try that taco place.

Also on Gilbert, If you like Indian food..a place on Gilbert and Southern called India Oven. All you can eat $10 and it is very good. They serve beer to. Get a Taj

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Joyride taco house on Gilbert and Elliot. It's a fantastic place to get both kinds of fish tacos. Get two of each. Also, grab the cocktail that has both cucumbers and Serrano peppers in it. Sounds gross, but it turns out it's the perfect way to drink tequila.

gilbert and elliot? which corner? I lived at Gilbert and Juniper a year ago, and cannot picture anything at that corner except the museum. Nor any eating places except up Gilbert in downtown.

Mossy

Oct 26, 2010
Calgary / Scottsdale
On a random note, I sort of solved the mystery of the seat to the left of my regular seat.

I sit in section 214, row G, seat 16 regularly, 18 being the aisle seat. All last season, seat 17 was unoccupied (officially) except for the first two periods of the home opener (I took advantage of this fact and made it "unofficially" occupied by buying tickets for friends in random places in the arena and then having them sit next to me in seat 17). I could never find seat 17 for sale anywhere on any website, reseller or otherwise.

It was finally sort of answered this season. It was unoccupied for the home opener, for game 2 against Ottawa my friend sat in it (her seat was theoretically in 220), and for the game against Detroit, someone else was finally there. I asked him where he bought it and he said Ticketmaster. Out of curiosity, I looked around at future games, and seat 17 is unsold for most of them so far, and on Ticketmaster.

My guess is that it was a season ticket last season and that person never managed to come to games and never bothered trying to sell the seat. Now it's not theirs anymore, so it's just up for grabs from the box office.

Haha. That was my season ticket last year, but I ended up in a suite most nights. Or down in 102 where my seats are now.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Haha. That was my season ticket last year, but I ended up in a suite most nights. Or down in 102 where my seats are now.

Would have been funny if we'd sat next to each other and didn't know it.

I did miss 6 games last year, so if you ever did take your regular seat in 17 and there was someone in 16, it wasn't me though.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I don't suppose there's anyone here with good graphic skills that could make a Martin Hanzal wallpaper for me? :)

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I love the new coyotes.com video producer. There's a good little show up about Tyson Nash, and it made me appreciate his job more.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
As-of-yet unnamed Coyotes making a visit to Luke Air Force base this afternoon ... here's hoping I can get Klinkhammer to sign my Seattle Thunderbirds puck ... more to follow.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Doan, Moss and Smith at the AFB today. Someone hit my buddy's car as we were driving to go see them at the base gym (ugh), so Smith signed the (obvious comedy) "sorry about your wheels!" photo for him. Moss and Doan inked up my season ticket card. Dumbass ahead of me in line wanted a "Biz-nasty sucks" photo and Smith just kinda stared at the guy. Moss recommended a steakhouse in Calgary. All laughed at Ribeiro's pool photo at the D-Backs game. Good times.

Last edited:

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Anyone here check out prices on StubHub tickets frequently? I'm hoping to pick up a couple cheap tickets to next Saturday's game vs Ovi and the Caps. I think someone on this board mentioned picking up $5 tix on a gameday, but I don't know if that is typical (or if I'm misremembering).

If I'm honest though, I'd rather be unable to find cheap tickets because of the game selling out with 17,000+ in the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad