Phoenix Coyotes Lounge VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Anyone else here recently buy GTA 5/
For those of you who are playing online, how far have you progressed?

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I'm level 35 or so. Bought a $220,000 apartment + 10 car garage. Currently just earning money to spend on collecting (stealing) and doing up cars that I like. I thought I was going to spend the $500k from Rockstar on an Entity XF, but now that I look it up... yeah, even that won't be enough. Perhaps I'll buy a stunt plane then.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Coyotes are giving away a 12 person suite for the Detroit game to the most creative and decorated tailgater before the game :amazed:

If one of you guys wins it, then we can have our HF get together, for free! :
:laugh:

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Hi guys. Long time lurker - first time poster here.

I am in the phoenix area for the weekend, going to catch the game vs detroit on saturday.

But tonight i'm looking for a sports bar or any place that shows the game vs ducks. Perhaps some os the bars down at jobbing.com? Or any location in scottsdale.

Would much appreciate all sort of info!

LETS GO YOTES!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Hi guys. Long time lurker - first time poster here.

I am in the phoenix area for the weekend, going to catch the game vs detroit on saturday.

But tonight i'm looking for a sports bar or any place that shows the game vs ducks. Perhaps some os the bars down at jobbing.com? Or any location in scottsdale.

Would much appreciate all sort of info!

LETS GO YOTES!

Well, most all of the sports bars in Phoenix would show it. You might have to ask a few of them to put it on though. Which part of Phoenix are you going to be in? Westgate and Scottsdale are VERY far apart, so narrowing down which part of the valley you would be in would be a good start for you I think.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Well, most all of the sports bars in Phoenix would show it. You might have to ask a few of them to put it on though. Which part of Phoenix are you going to be in? Westgate and Scottsdale are VERY far apart, so narrowing down which part of the valley you would be in would be a good start for you I think.

Well, I stay in scottsdale and just found out that they have fsaz at the hotel. So we're going to watch it. at "home" and sink a few beers. Thanks though!

Anybody going tailgating on saturday?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well, I stay in scottsdale and just found out that they have fsaz at the hotel. So we're going to watch it. at "home" and sink a few beers. Thanks though!

Anybody going tailgating on saturday?

Safest way to do it! DUI's in Arizona are no joke. Does your hotel have a little bar area? That's all your choice though.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Safest way to do it! DUI's in Arizona are no joke. Does your hotel have a little bar area? That's all your choice though.

Yeah, well, got the channel in our room. And the place is not exactly crowded so i assume they can show it in the bar. Looking forward to saturday!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nothing quite wraps up the GDT and completes a Sunday like half-off Papa Johns pizzas baked with the tears of Red Wings fans ...

#HungrierThanEver #GreatestPromoEver #RedWingsSuck

It has to be worst ever pizza, even at half off.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Late to comment, but damn that was a great game. Only watched from home, but still - instant classic.

I don't get hashtags.
Hashtags are meant for data mining, get people to use an identifying hashtag then you can run a search to pull every comment containing an instance of your hashtag. Gauge public opinion, trends, etc.

Outside of their formal use, I don't get hashtags either :shakehead

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm not a fan of Papa John's either. Hungry Howie's is my go-to. My opinion is probably valueless though, considering I dislike most toppings on pizza (cheese or bbq/buffalo chicken, for me).

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Outside of their formal use, I don't get hashtags either :shakehead
I think they're stupid/funny, but whatever.
Chain pizza is sad. Even the worst mom and pops pizzeria tastes better. Probably a number of them near you, or a local group like Barro's.
Driven past Barro's, never tried it. I will though, thanks for the info!
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm not a fan of Papa John's either. Hungry Howie's is my go-to. My opinion is probably valueless though, considering I dislike most toppings on pizza (cheese or bbq/buffalo chicken, for me).
I really like Hungry Howie's for about 2 slices, then the crust gets ... I dunno, annoying. And it doesn't freeze-and-microwave as well as most.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I think they're stupid/funny, but whatever.
Everyone has their own sense of humor /shrug
(Kind of hate that I mention something like this in a post of mine that includes an overused meme. That doesn't do justice to the humor I enjoy.)

I really like Hungry Howie's for about 2 slices, then the crust gets ... I dunno, annoying. And it doesn't freeze-and-microwave as well as most.
I'll grant your second point, but I adore a couple of Hungry Howie's crust options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
On the topic of pizza, my all time favorite pizza place in Arizona is called Palermos. It's in Avondale I believe just off Dysart road. Hell, if one of you guys went and enjoyed a pizza for me d be happy :cry:

Miss that place. Such cool guys worked there too. Pretty sure they were of Italian descent. They'd always hook me up because I was a regular in their shop.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think they're stupid/funny, but whatever.Driven past Barro's, never tried it. I will though, thanks for the info!I really like Hungry Howie's for about 2 slices, then the crust gets ... I dunno, annoying. And it doesn't freeze-and-microwave as well as most.

Barro's pretty good, Nello's very good.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
(Sometimes with pizza, it's not how good is it, it's how fast can I get it without getting dressed and leaving the house. Papa John's does do that well.)

Another fun memory will be: chanting 'beat the traffic' as Wings fans left early...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad