Phoenix Coyotes Lounge VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Cool. I would recommend that you get a pepperoni pizza pie and take home the leftovers. They usually run specials Monday through Wednesday on whole pies (at least when I was last there a few months ago) so it's not too expensive. Additionally, no matter where you order pizza from, if you buy a single slice and by bad luck it's a reheated slice, it usually ends up drying out and not tasting nearly as good as when it was fresh.

Don't like pepperoni or any meat.

Will probably order a pizza with green pepper, onion, and tomato, if they have it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
T

That's half a mile from my house.

I know where I'm eating tomorrow or so.

Pretty sure we live in the same neighborhood, bud. Haha. I'm one mile east of Buono's. Like pretty much directly. Pretty sure I'm the same distance south of Guadalupe. Just a mile east. Which makes me like 1/16th miles east of Nello's. And like 7/8 miles east of Wilderness Brewing. We did a pub crawl on our bicycles this weekend. My wife and some friends hit Cornish Pasty, Nello's, Wilderness, and Beaver Choice in one afternoon/evening.

rt

May 13, 2004
4W6Pw.jpg
This would've been off limits on the pub crawl. Haha. Malt liquor mixed with corn syrup is not an okay choice to make in your life. You need to change. If you like sweet and sticky booze, please try Crispin cider. It's just fermented apple cider, honey, and carbonated water. That I can get behind. Kool aid powder and ****** malt liquor, though...man. Just don't.
Don't like pepperoni or any meat.

Will probably order a pizza with green pepper, onion, and tomato, if they have it.

What about really, really good meat? Would you eat a meal prepared with careful consideration by a master chef if it contained meat? If you knew the butcher? If they were the same man? If you'd met the animal prior to slaughter and gave your approval of its care?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Which makes me like 1/16th miles east of Nello's. And like 7/8 miles east of Wilderness Brewing. We did a pub crawl on our bicycles this weekend. My wife and some friends hit Cornish Pasty, Nello's, Wilderness, and Beaver Choice in one afternoon/evening.
Proof that I live too far west. If I drive 3 miles, I get Sonic, Taco Bell, McDonalds and Pizza Hut :cry:

Booze talk ... ooh boy ...

I spent too many formative drinking years in Germany to not be a beer guy. My favorite style is Koelsch style, from Cologne, Germany (spelled "Koeln" in German). The Four Peaks Sunbru is the best I've found in AZ, and you can occasionally find Gaffel and Frueh in the states.

"Maerzen" is what Germans call "Oktoberfest beer" ... Maerz is the spelling for the month of March, when they brew it for September consumption. Lots of breweries (US and Germany) make a good one, but Hacker-Pschorr is hands-down, no-question the best. I visited a Bavarian friend during Oktoberfest 2011, and three of HER friends each independently brought a case of HP for the 'Amerikanner' who was coming to visit (ringing endorsement, eh?). Papago Brew Co in Scottsdale's website says they have it, but they didn't when I was there last week, maybe they just got it. Worth every penny if you like Oktoberfest beer.

Shiner Bock and Ziegen Bock are iconic Texas beers; Shiner is from near San Antonio, I think Ziegen is a Miller product they only sell there. Check them out if you make the trip for the DAL game.

Pabst Blue Ribbon is the favorite cheap, tailgating/frat party beer.

picture.php

Can of Sunbru I'm drinking tonight, Hacker-Pschorr mug, official 2011 Oktoberfest tourist mug and a bottle of Shiner. The one in the center is Baltika #9. It's a Russian beer I drank in Kyrgyzstan (don't ask) years ago and that I found at an import store in Tempe. This beer will put you on the floor, kick your dog and kiss your girlfriend in front of you ... try it ...

rt

May 13, 2004
I've actually had the Baltika. I did like it a lot. Very much. Ever had the Lobster Lover from Lithuania? If you ever go back to Beaver Choice, order it. Reminds me a bit of the Baltika. But somehow even more boozy while actually being more tasty. If you can imagine that.

Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter is the best beer I've ever had.

My favorite German beer is the Warsteiner Dunkel. Or really any Dunkel Weiss I've had. I think Franziskaner makes a Dunkel Weise that's fairly widely available. Mix rye into the wheat to make the wheat beer into a black beer makes me one happy, drunk sonofa*****.

Speaking mixing in a little Rye, who likes Bourbon? I've recently discovered Bulleit brand whiskey in the last year or two and it has got this wonderful 28% rye content that makes it amazing. Not as sticky or sweet as some of the traditional corn whiskeys but not nearly has bitter and lava like as some of the straight rye whiskeys on the market. It's really my perfect bourbon. Anyone else had this stuff? It's also relatively cheap. Like dirt cheap compared to some lesser whiskey out there.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Pretty sure we live in the same neighborhood, bud. Haha. I'm one mile east of Buono's. Like pretty much directly. Pretty sure I'm the same distance south of Guadalupe. Just a mile east. Which makes me like 1/16th miles east of Nello's. And like 7/8 miles east of Wilderness Brewing. We did a pub crawl on our bicycles this weekend. My wife and some friends hit Cornish Pasty, Nello's, Wilderness, and Beaver Choice in one afternoon/evening.

Probably. I'm right by Dobson and Baseline. I live in "The Landings" townhouse complexes on Lindner Avenue. We should go to a bar some time.

This would've been off limits on the pub crawl. Haha. Malt liquor mixed with corn syrup is not an okay choice to make in your life. You need to change. If you like sweet and sticky booze, please try Crispin cider. It's just fermented apple cider, honey, and carbonated water. That I can get behind. Kool aid powder and ****** malt liquor, though...man. Just don't.

What about really, really good meat? Would you eat a meal prepared with careful consideration by a master chef if it contained meat? If you knew the butcher? If they were the same man? If you'd met the animal prior to slaughter and gave your approval of its care?

I only buy it because it's cheap. $1.50 for a 16 oz. can and 4 of them will get me pretty wrecked. Normally go for mixed drinks or wine.

As for meat, the reason I don't like to eat it is because I find the phrase "good meat" to be an oxymoron. I don't really care about animal welfare. I just don't eat meat because I don't like it. Sometimes people offer me free food with meat in it and I'll typically eat it anyway. My mother does this a lot; I'm not going to decline free food in most cases. I just don't buy/order it myself.

rt

May 13, 2004
I know the Landings well. I used to stash my "fresh herbs" in the landscaping in front of them when I went to the middle school across the street. Haha. (Full disclosure, I haven't indulged in that sort of thing for a decade or so, and I'm 28, so I'm fully reformed). Haha. We should have a drink some time. Catch a Yotes game and talk hockey. I'm used to watching games with bored people. Haha.

rt

May 13, 2004
How long will we have to endure the Yakapov for Yandle++ proposals?

It's not even just the Yak/Yandle threads. It's all of them. I'm so sick and tired of being lectured about hockey by Edmonton fans. Those poor ******** have seen anything resembling hockey in half a decade. That franchise makes me sick to my stomach. The lowest of the low. Lottery pick after lottery pick and no heads roll? Pathetic.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
It's not even just the Yak/Yandle threads. It's all of them. I'm so sick and tired of being lectured about hockey by Edmonton fans. Those poor ******** have seen anything resembling hockey in half a decade. That franchise makes me sick to my stomach. The lowest of the low. Lottery pick after lottery pick and no heads roll? Pathetic.
Apart from that one miracle year with Pronger, they haven't seen anything resembling good hockey since Messier left. DAL fans used to know when to plant our crops based on the ritualistic sacrifice of EDM hockey every spring back when DAL hockey was good hockey.

I'm still finalizing travel details, but I'll be in attendance for Tue Coyotes @ Oilers, Wed Coyotes @ Flames and Fri Coyotes @ Canucks (plus a bonus Vancouver Giants @ Victoria Royals on Saturday) in December. Always fascinated with western Canada and I want to see these towns and ask the citizens why, oh why, are they so passionate about those orange-and-red messes.

Then I can show them our season ticket prices ...

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona

If I was an Oilers fan I would be super pissed too, as a fan of a team in the same division I am happy they are so f***ed up.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
What're your thoughts on Cornish Pasty? It seems like something I'd enjoy, but I need solid intel before I make the drive. (To be clear, I know it's not far from me, really, but I have the directional sense God gave a mealworm. I could turn a trip to Safeway into A Drive.)

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Kinda. Lowe and MacT are still running things, right? It's like a weird club for losers.

Lowe is still at the top of the hierarchy but MacT just returned from his timeout.
After enduring the Oilers dynasty years I don't mind at all if it takes longer than it should for the organization to get their s**t together.

Mayo Taco Monday

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
What're your thoughts on Cornish Pasty? It seems like something I'd enjoy, but I need solid intel before I make the drive. (To be clear, I know it's not far from me, really, but I have the directional sense God gave a mealworm. I could turn a trip to Safeway into A Drive.)

Cornish pasty is quite good. Better than I expected. Lots of filling options.

rt

May 13, 2004

I love that place. I actually like the one in Mesa a hell of a lot more than the Tempe location.

The beer list is great. Apps that are killer are the scotch egg (soft boiled egg, wrapped in sausage, breaded, and deep fried), the HP wings, and the spinach walnut soup. All of the pastys are good, but I'd start with one of the traditional ones. The Oggie or the bangers and mash. Ordering nothing but the Mexican or the Italian is kind of a cop out. Get the real deal first.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Coach and GM have been replaced.

They traded a good coach and a bad GM for a coach they had previously fired in the GM seat and gave the coaching job to a guy best in the AHL.

The Oilers are what you get when a 13 year old plays NHL13 on his Xbox. They tried to correct that but it's still not enough. The players are so accustomed to losing and still getting paid, still having no expectation of wins, that they don't care anymore. The window has passed. Trade at least Yakupov and Eberle, and assemble a playoff team.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Cornish pasty is quite good. Better than I expected. Lots of filling options.

I love that place. I actually like the one in Mesa a hell of a lot more than the Tempe location.
Holy ****! Figured out the multi-quote utility. And it's only been a couple years.

Thanks for the info--and the traditional stuff is what I want to try the most. Is there any mention there about the EU's various designations for geographically-oriented foodstuffs? For example--in order to comply with the EU's regulations, you can't legally call it Poozlewood Goat Cheese unless it was made from milk obtained from purebreed poozles reared in the Poozlewood Forest. Or something along similar lines.

There was a movement afoot to designate Cornish pasties as a similarly protected product. I'm already likely to visit the restaurant, but it'd be interesting to know if they made any kind of deal about it.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'll be at the game next Tuesday against the Kings. Totally planning on taking a sign with me that says "Morris 4 Norris". What's going on with the parking? Should I buy a pass ahead of time? Just take a $20 bill with me?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'll be at the game next Tuesday against the Kings. Totally planning on taking a sign with me that says "Morris 4 Norris". What's going on with the parking? Should I buy a pass ahead of time? Just take a $20 bill with me?

Depends on how much walking you want to do. Lot Y is $10 regardless of pre-purchase or paying at the lot, and really isn't that far away. Takes me like 5 minutes to walk to the main gate from that lot. Getting out really isn't that tricky either if you come early enough and get a spot closer to what will be the exit after the game (I usually make it to Westgate about an hour in advance).

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It's not even just the Yak/Yandle threads. It's all of them. I'm so sick and tired of being lectured about hockey by Edmonton fans

But it's cold there. That is the most important factor for a successful franchise. I don't understand why they don't have a recent cup.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 1h
#Coyotes' LaBlanc is talking about bringing in Tim Hortons donuts. Great idea. There was a Tim's in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Why not here?

A bunch of interesting tweets from Giblin in the past hour.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 1h
#Coyotes' LaBlanc is talking about bringing in Tim Hortons donuts. Great idea. There was a Tim's in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Why not here?

A bunch of interesting tweets from Giblin in the past hour.

I will admit that I thought it was a good Idea it have a Tim Horton's at the arena. However, after trying one of their donuts, I have 2nd thoughts. Tim Horton's Dounts are sooooo ****ing bad that Krispy Kreme tastes better and that's saying something about KK as well since they're not all that great themselves. Not sure about their coffee though as I have yet to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad