Phoenix Coyotes Lounge VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Maybe I am not a pizza expert but I like Papa Johns. Barros pizza is awful. Dominoes got better but prefer Papa Johns better. Haven't had Pizza Hut in a while. Little Cesars is awful. Papa Murphy ...lol I am not going to pay that to cook my own pizza. Sbarros is also awful, maybe I am getting them confused with Barros.

So the wife and I started making out own from scratch. Recently, we buy ingredients from WinCo and make our own...cost about $5 for ingredients and its fun to make. I would recommend it to anyone.

I hate hashtags. No offense to the people here that love them or use them. I think that its for hipsters that think people care about what trend they can make. But really only other hipsters care and try to one up that hipster with a more trendy hashtag.. or more quantity of trendy hashtags. Sorry, in advance its just how I feel. I am not saying you hastag people are bad people...but they use hashtags.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I hated when people used hashtags on Facebook. Well, I still hate it, but now they actually do something on FB as opposed to when they didn't. And people come up with the dumbest hashtags.

I could get behind #MorrisforNorris, though.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Not to completely dismiss the #hashtag conversation but, Venezias is just about the best slice/pie place in town. Of course the fancy woodfire joints are better for a nice dinner but for a everyday, go-to pizza place Venezias trumps all.

#sidenote Nellos in Ahwatukee is better than all the other locations. Better ingredients and they have brick oven options that they also have at Palor.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Not to completely dismiss the #hashtag conversation but, Venezias is just about the best slice/pie place in town. Of course the fancy woodfire joints are better for a nice dinner but for a everyday, go-to pizza place Venezias trumps all.

#sidenote Nellos in Ahwatukee is better than all the other locations. Better ingredients and they have brick oven options that they also have at Palor.
Pizza conversation > hashtag conversation anyway.

I am not exaggerating by much to say I could fly to Rome faster than I could drive to Ahwatukee, but I go to Mesa occasionally and I'll check it out next time I'm down that way. Yet another brick in the "I Should Be Living Further East" wall ...

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Favorite pizza I've had has to be a bbq chicken parmesan pizza at a place called Firehouse on Mill Ave in Tempe. A sit-down restaurant sort of joint.

Mayo Taco Monday

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Fratellis in flag has the best pesto pizza I have EVER had! Ask rebrand. I'm sure he would concur!

Fratellis makes a damn good pizza. Scotts Chicago Pizza in Flag is also awesome. As for pizza in Phoenix, Spinatos is absolutely fantastic! They make the only spinach pizza I like. And their other pizzas are fantastic. Plus their sandwiches and calzones are great too

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Fratellis makes a damn good pizza. Scotts Chicago Pizza in Flag is also awesome. As for pizza in Phoenix, Spinatos is absolutely fantastic! They make the only spinach pizza I like. And their other pizzas are fantastic. Plus their sandwiches and calzones are great too

Oh my, Scotts was one of my favorite joints to go to for a hangover cure. I still remember getting the beer buckets and letting you keep the bucket! That was a great place to go to, and really good food!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The best any style pizza comes from Mom and Pop Pizza Shops and not from chain pizza places. Pizza chain places are better with non-pizza items like wings, cheezy bread, etc.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd

We've always gotten the Super Six at Spinatos. Although we went with some folks who got the spinach one & I got to try a slice & it was very good.

We get Papa johns way too often but Spinatos doesn't offer 50% off when we win, so we often wind up getting a thin crust square cut sausage & onion pizza with 2 dozen wings. Wife loves Papa Johns - she was wondering the other day if I thought when we lose you could enter the other teams name and get 50% off. I said 'like, try a promo code of "SHARKS"? Maybe if you're in San Jose, but I'd guess not in Phoenix.

For a pizza I love with wings, I like Pats Pizza on Glendale and their twin towers special.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
For pizza in the Phoenix area I'd recommend Venezia's.

Venezia's is definitely a good one. A few other great New York style pizza joints are Casanova Bros. on Val Vista and Guadalupe and Buono's Pizza on Dobson and Guadalupe.

I recommend you guys check out either one. They both have some of the best New York style pizza and Italian food in town.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
How long will we have to endure the Yakapov for Yandle++ proposals?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Venezia's is definitely a good one. A few other great New York style pizza joints are Casanova Bros. on Val Vista and Guadalupe and Buono's Pizza on Dobson and Guadalupe.

I recommend you guys check out either one. They both have some of the best New York style pizza and Italian food in town.

Buonos is decent NY style. I never go there because there are two places within three miles that are much better. La Famiglia on Alma and Warner an Nicantonis on Warner and McQueen.

Best greasy NY style place in the valley? Joe's NY Pizza in south Scottdale.

I prefer artisan style pizza to either NY or Chi style. My favorite artisan style joint is Florencia in Ahwatukee. They've got a great wine list there, too.

Nello's has a special place in my heart because their prices on imported and micro brew pitchers are great, I can walk there (and frequently do) and I've worked there several times when I was a kid.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Yay pizza chat is the best chat.

Haven't tried much other than a new quick service place called Fired Pie. They have a thin crust, you tell them what toppings (including cheeses and sauce) and they fire it into their pizza oven. Right by the AMC Deer Valley. For a $8 pizza, the ingredients are pretty deccent. Look forward to trying these other places out some time.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Yay pizza chat is the best chat.

Haven't tried much other than a new quick service place called Fired Pie. They have a thin crust, you tell them what toppings (including cheeses and sauce) and they fire it into their pizza oven. Right by the AMC Deer Valley. For a $8 pizza, the ingredients are pretty deccent. Look forward to trying these other places out some time.

Pizza talk is good talk but I feel that booze talk is better talk. Hell, some individual boards have their own threads to just to talk about beer and booze.

I'm thinking about creating a thread for such a topic, but I don't know if it would stand.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

That's half a mile from my house.

I know where I'm eating tomorrow or so.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Pizza talk is good talk but I feel that booze talk is better talk. Hell, some individual boards have their own threads to just to talk about beer and booze.

I'm thinking about creating a thread for such a topic, but I don't know if it would stand.

4W6Pw.jpg

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
That's half a mile from my house.

I know where I'm eating tomorrow or so.

Cool. I would recommend that you get a pepperoni pizza pie and take home the leftovers. They usually run specials Monday through Wednesday on whole pies (at least when I was last there a few months ago) so it's not too expensive. Additionally, no matter where you order pizza from, if you buy a single slice and by bad luck it ends up being a reheated slice, it usually ends up drying out and not tasting nearly as good as when it was fresh.

They also have really good calzones, especially on days when they have this old guy from Sicily working in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad