Player Discussion Phillip Danault part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
hehehehehe right, just like how your jets are lighting it up eh.

my dude here posting how the jets apprently do against other teams and not the habs LOL.

i suggest you reread my posts and not your posts for clarity.

Anyway I’ll stop correcting you, it’s bad for morale. Peace and love my dude !
your posts are pretty clear, you're clearly in trolling mode, so you do that kid.

Dont forget to keep loving your 0.2 PPG favorite player. ciao.

Reactions: canucklover123

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Mackinnon- McDavid- barzal
Bergeron - Crosby - Marchand
Huberdeau - Stamkos- point
Couturier - ROR - stone

Enjoy, rest of the world

*this is assuming TSN is wrong and Hyman is somehow left off

Yep I have essentially the same, Point at C though, stammer on the wing.

They carry 14F, so not sure which two, but 2 of 4 of the following as well: Hall, Tavares, Marner, Scheifle

Leaning towards Tavares (Felt like they would bring one of Tavares or Toews even if they weren't the best for experience. With toews hurt, makes sense to get JT there and then Marner if they do duos

Edit: Horvat too will be considered. Lol what a lineup

Last edited:
Reactions: Prairie Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mackinnon- McDavid- barzal
Bergeron - Crosby - Marchand
Huberdeau - Stamkos- point
Couturier - ROR - stone

Enjoy, rest of the world

*this is assuming TSN is wrong and Hyman is somehow left off

Huberdeau / McDavid / Point: I'd put the right handed center with the left handed McDavid. Then the shooter and play maker Huberdeau.

Marchand / Crosby / MacKinnon:
NS (Halifax) line. They click and you bet they want this. Once again, left handed center with right handed center playing wing. Marchand does his thing. I don't think it's a good idea to have McDavid with MacKinnon. On the PP for sure though

Tavares / Bergeron / Marner:
Tavares and Marner know each other's game and anybody can play with the 200' Bergeron. Right handed center with a left handed center playing wing. Marner has to show ability to be mentality strong or Scheifele takes his spot (or someone else). At the end of the day, Marner makes my roster cause we need his skating and creativity. However, this is best on best and some other guys are big and skate well too. This won't be NHL regular season where you feast on weak links on several teams

Stamkos / ROR / Barzal:
A very dangerous 4th line with ROR as the 200' and faceoff guy.

Depth:
Stone, Couturier, Scheifele, Toews

You guys board today? What about Danault making this team as a shut down center over Couturier? :laugh::dunno::facepalm: :snide:

Last edited:

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Danault between 3.5-4M would be fair.

It would be sad if Danault walked and went somewhere like Toronto.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
wonder how VGK manage to shutdown McK so far, Danault doesnt play for them!
Just go with Suzuki-Kotkaniemi-Evans-whoever next season and see what happens.

I guarantee we will not have to worry about shutting down anyone in the playoffs.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Just go with Suzuki-Kotkaniemi-Evans-whoever next season and see what happens.

I guarantee we will not have to worry about shutting down anyone in the playoffs.
well I guess being the underdog, being the cinderella story is our only hope to have some kind of PO run.

that's the standard now for Habs fans.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Danault between 3.5-4M would be fair.

It would be sad if Danault walked and went somewhere like Toronto.

I'll be shocked if it's less than $5M AAV. Perhaps Covid flat cap helps us though.

$3.5M - $4M range is not really fair in my books. Just cause we got Toffoli for a good AAV, it don't mean that is the standard. If we try to push for a low ball AAV, Danault walks cause you insult him. Oilers would welcome him for $4M for sure and Danault might say screw you for low balling him, he will take the low ball offer and play with someone else.

He's in his prime and is a very valuable middle 2C that most teams are after. Supply and Demand always sets the market price.

Term is key IMO
. I don't care one bit if we have to overpay him by $500k or $1M for the years where we will bridge Suzuki, KK, Romanov, Caufield. I say pay him for 3 years. Otherwise, we take steps backwards and other teams can focus on Suzuki and KK more and you might not like what you see

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Okay? And who's calling Danault an offensive dynamo? Who's even expecting him to be? Frankly, it doesn't even seem like Ducharme's asking him to do any of that either.
Ok what ? you were talking about "people trashing Danault" a few posts earlier while in reality everybody Danault agrees he's doing great -> defensively <-

If that's trashing to you, then you're the one lacking nuance and critical thinking here.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ok what ? you were talking about "people trashing Danault" a few posts earlier while in reality everybody Danault agrees he's doing great -> defensively <-

If that's trashing to you, then you're the one lacking nuance and critical thinking here.

You keep rambling incoherently about his PPG. How is that not trashing him?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You keep rambling incoherently about his PPG. How is that not trashing him?
and how is it trashing him ? cause I did not say he's the best Habs forward ever or something ?

You talk nuance and critical thinking, yet you think anyone who doesnt see Danault as the best Habs ever is trashing him... and i'm the one being incoherent right ?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
and how is it trashing him ? cause I did not say he's the best Habs forward ever or something ?

You talk nuance and critical thinking, yet you think anyone who doesnt see Danault as the best Habs ever is trashing him... and i'm the one being incoherent right ?

Oh boy. Yup. That's exactly what I said. Thank you for proving my point. Goodbye.

Reactions: canucklover123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad