Player Discussion Phillip Danault part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
the 1st bolded happen mostly because of the 2nd bolded. The guy is our #1C, not 2nd or 3rd but 1st line C, and there's people here claiming he's FANTASTIC because he does ONE thing, others claiming having 0G - 2A in 11 games, 0.18 PPG (-2) is AMAZING for a #1C. Not great, or good or OK, but AMAZING.

reality is very simple
- Danault offense is non existent.
- Danault FO abilities are OK, not great or anything, just OK.
- Danault physical game is average, nothing more.
- Danault transition game is good, not great or amazing, good.

Danault is the defensive equivalent to DD, yet very few claimed DD was a fantastic player. Why is that do you think ?

Is this based off your evaluation? Because earlier you referred to the top end talent Danault faced in playoffs as Paul Stasney, seems rather concerning o_O

like Pauls Stastny ? Scheifle for one game ? managed ONE assist.

so, who do you think will have the task to shutdown our #1C Phil the Thrill in the next round ?

Reactions: dralaf

lynx

Oct 18, 2005
If there's any player who is "built for the playoffs" it seems to be Danault. Is that worth 4-5M a year? Probably, but the team has to make the playoffs first.

Reactions: canucklover123

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
the 1st bolded happen mostly because of the 2nd bolded. The guy is our #1C, not 2nd or 3rd but 1st line C, and there's people here claiming he's FANTASTIC because he does ONE thing, others claiming having 0G - 2A in 11 games, 0.18 PPG (-2) is AMAZING for a #1C. Not great, or good or OK, but AMAZING.

reality is very simple

Danault is the defensive equivalent to DD, yet very few claimed DD was a fantastic player. Why is that do you think ?

He defend transition at a world class level, shutdown world class talent and he have absolute elite defensive awareness.

He doesn't have to play physical, neither he can cause of average size, but he is very very effective anyway. Physicality is so overrated.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Its so amusing to see this get to you hahahahahahah.

It's fun because the better Danault plays, people like yourself cant help it to post worse and worse takes because it infuriates you.

I already dismissed your intellect once, lets leave it at that homie :)
speaking of worse takes, this one will be tough to beat.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He defend transition at a world class level, shutdown world class talent and he have absolute elite defensive awareness.

He doesn't have to play physical, neither he can cause of average size, but he is very very effective anyway. Physicality is so overrated.
you're describing the exact same thing in three different manners.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Is this based off your evaluation? Because earlier you referred to the top end talent Danault faced in playoffs as Paul Stasney, seems rather concerning o_O
you should make an effort to try and understand the post you quote, I mean I get the throlling, you're all excited cause it's the first time you se the Habs going this far in the PO.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think I mentioned it before, I think some posters believe we have Sid and Malkin at 1/2 C :laugh::laugh:
Given how quick you jump to defend Phil the thrill, you're clearly one of those posters. followed by your friend who think 2 assists in 11 games is AMAZING for a #1C :laugh::laugh::laugh:

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
you should make an effort to try and understand the post you quote, I mean I get the throlling, you're all excited cause it's the first time you se the Habs going this far in the PO.

Ignoring your inability to read and all, it is worrisome you attack a poster for being happy his team is in the third round LMAO.

Anyway you must be an undercover jets fan, you know yesterday when you were shocked that Wheeler was held to zero points, today you refer to Paul Stasny as the elite level talent Danault faced :sarcasm::sarcasm:

We can try this again tomorrow my man, do better :)

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Given how quick you jump to defend Phil the thrill, you're clearly one of those posters. followed by your friend who think 2 assists in 11 games is AMAZING for a #1C :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never once said Danault is a 1C, that is you :)

It must be the anger blinding you

Reactions: dralaf

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Ignoring your inability to read and all, it is worrisome you attack a poster for being happy his team is in the second round LMAO.

Anyway you must be an undercover jets fan, you know yesterday when you were shocked that Wheeler was held to zero points, today you refer to Paul Stasny as the elite level talent Danault faced :sarcasm::sarcasm:

We can try this again tomorrow my man, do better :)
yeah we're in the second round! sure... :huh::huh:

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
the most used forward on the team, lemme guess, you think he's the 3rd line C ? 4th maybe ? :help:

He's played around 115 minutes less than NZ this season and only 20 more minutes than him this playoffs.

Ohhh btw, were in the third round this year :)

Again, its not fun correcting you.

Like I said, we can do this again tomorrow :) Peace and love my dude

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He's played around 115 minutes less than NZ this season and only 20 more minutes than him this playoffs.

Ohhh btw, were in the third round this year :)

Again, its not fun correcting you.

Like I said, we can do this again tomorrow :) Peace and love my dude
we did not play New Zealand this year. You're in the wrong sport.

nice trolling job. We both know you corrected your own post.

I understand you literally love Phil the thrill, but you have to accept not everyone is in love with your man you know.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
we did not play New Zealand this year. You're in the wrong sport.

nice trolling job. We both know you corrected your own post.

I understand you literally love Phil the thrill, but you have to accept not everyone is in love with your man you know.

Imagine commenting in a hockey forum and referring to NZ as New Zealand bruhhhhhhhh.

You mean corrected second round to third round, um ya don't see the relevance

Ok thats enough HF for a lifetime :laugh:

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
you're describing the exact same thing in three different manners.

If you rly think that, your hockey knowledge need a little boost brother. They are at related, but not the same think.

You can be excellent in transition d and be pretty average in your own zone.

You can have awesome awareness and be beat physically in your own zone, see cc.

You obv need elite d awereness to shut down elite talent at this level tho.

The point was, Dano is the complete defense package. Not sur we can afford to lose that as of now.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Makes you feel more knowlegable to divide his only skill, wich is defending in sub categories ? You Do that.:thumbu:

Its all part of his one skill anyway, defending.

You want to look at every single action he takes and give it a name ? No problemo my friend. It will indeed give you the impression hes fantastic. Even with his 1 assist per round.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

reality is very simple

You and ibhave discussed language a bit over the years. This isnt about that. Though some would claim that. Which makes no sense for you to be " on the wrong side" of this french wise.

We are discussing value of a player regardless of externals. Gteat defensive centre, sure. But pay and play him like one. 3.5-4 anf thrid line with lehk and whoever. No 20 minute games, no top forwards to get his numbers up, no special treatment at the expense of our kids, which we have a few that may be able to do the job, for cheaper.

But we all know that wont happen if he signs. He will get 5 X too long and be in the way of the kids, because you dont pay a guy 5 and not play him top minutes and linemates.

Not a good outcome, esp if you intend on building through the draft as we are purported to be doing.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Not what i saw in the Toronto series

Reactions: lou

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
Makes you feel more knowlegable to divide his only skill, wich is defending in sub categories ? You Do that.:thumbu:

Its all part of his one skill anyway, defending.

You want to look at every single action he takes and give it a name ? No problemo my friend. It will indeed give you the impression hes fantastic. Even with his 1 assist per round.

Nobody say he was fantastic, but hey, you look very fun to argue with aka not at all. I pass man, it like saying offensive awareness shooting and passing are all the same it offense.

You have legit 5v5 center you pay them. Who care if it offensive defensive or both, you can't let legit center walk when you have the worst track record of the last 25 years at the position. I mean get real dude.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Nobody say he was fantastic, but hey, you look very fun to argue with aka not at all. I pass man, it like saying offensive awareness shooting and passing are all the same it offense.

You have legit 5v5 center you pay them. Who care if it offensive defensive or both, you can't let legit center walk when you have the worst track record of the last 25 years at the position. I mean get real dude.

Nobody ? not even in the post you "liked" I guess ?

Never understood the flak this guy got. There was no centre ready to take the reins from him. Suzuki seems ready now and he’s being rewarded with time and opportunity as a result.

danault Is such a fantastic hockey player. It will be hard for him to be liked by most fans because his game isn’t flashy or sexy. But he’s be integral to any competitive team.

and what about all the other guys talking about AMAZING numbers and al ? lemme guess they don't count cause they did not use the word "fantastic" ?

who here is suggesting to get rid of Danault ? me ? where did I ever suggest that ? I mean,you argue against something I never said, no shit you think it's no fun!

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
Nobody ? not even in the post you "liked" I guess ?

and what about all the other guys talking about AMAZING numbers and al ? lemme guess they don't count cause they did not use the word "fantastic" ?

who here is suggesting to get rid of Danault ? me ? where did I ever suggest that ? I mean,you argue against something I never said, no shit you think it's no fun!

I've state my opinion dude just ban me or whatever, I don't even know wtf is your point man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad