OT: Philadelphia Union Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
This has been a brutal second half of the season compared to the first. When was the last time they picked up a win?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
There just seems to be no..urgency.

I do like Paunovic though. One of the problems in the early parts of the season were getting to the end of corner kicks and crosses. They improved that alittle bit. Paunovic had a good game. Gabe didnt have such a strong game. Adu looked better.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
There just seems to be no..urgency.

I do like Paunovic though. One of the problems in the early parts of the season were getting to the end of corner kicks and crosses. They improved that alittle bit. Paunovic had a good game. Gabe didnt have such a strong game. Adu looked better.

Lackluster effort.

I think it's time for LeToux to sit. I'm also less than impressed with mondragon as of late. The last 3 goals against, not including the pk last night, were weak.

Despite the loss I had a good time in C'bus. Ended up having half a dozen people around me from Philly.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, pretty crappy effort for the most part, Paunovic being one of the few bright spots.

I've seen enough of Le Toux taking corners for awhile, and I would be more than fine with bringing his energy off the bench for a game. Any time you're missing Carroll, it hurts a lot, as he, Valdes, and Califf are really the backbone of our defense.

As an aside, am I the only one who gets sick to his stomach whenever Daniel starts? I appreciate the guy's energy and straight-line speed, but his touch is horrendous, and his decision-making is soooo sloooooow.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
But this team is really missing a striker that makes SMART runs and not just runs for the sake of running. Oh carlos ruiz I miss you.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yeah, pretty crappy effort for the most part, Paunovic being one of the few bright spots.

I've seen enough of Le Toux taking corners for awhile, and I would be more than fine with bringing his energy off the bench for a game. Any time you're missing Carroll, it hurts a lot, as he, Valdes, and Califf are really the backbone of our defense.

As an aside, am I the only one who gets sick to his stomach whenever Daniel starts? I appreciate the guy's energy and straight-line speed, but his touch is horrendous, and his decision-making is soooo sloooooow.

I thought Daniel was average last night. Has some good plays but decision-making and his passing are below par. He makes these passes that should be easy, harder for his teammates to control. I like Valdes but he really has got to stop these one timers that go straight up into the air when a ball is coming towards him. Saw it alot last game.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
But this team is really missing a striker that makes SMART runs and not just runs for the sake of running. Oh carlos ruiz I miss you.

I know alot of people here loved him, but one thing I SEVERELY disliked about Ruiz was his laziness. Maybe it is just because of my coaching mentality but players that can score goals, but otherwise doesnt work defensively and just seems to cruise around a lot of game, I am not a fan of. Miss his goals, dont miss his lazyness.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
My seats are second row, stationed about 10 yards outside the box. Which means that I was in perfect position to watch Ruiz go offside/take forever to get back onside over and over again...

He seemed to be more enthusiastic after the Gold Cup, but at that point, I get the impression that the decision to transfer him had already been made.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
My seats are second row, stationed about 10 yards outside the box. Which means that I was in perfect position to watch Ruiz go offside/take forever to get back onside over and over again...

He seemed to be more enthusiastic after the Gold Cup, but at that point, I get the impression that the decision to transfer him had already been made.

I would agree that his decision to leave the Union was made before he rejoined the team.

Is there a reason why Nowak won't play Adu and Mwanga at the same time?

I would agree with sa cyred about Daniel. To use a basketball analogy, he reminds me of Samuel Dalembert. He makes some great plays which makes you think he is going to break out, and then just disappears and makes poor decisions or bad passes.

The only player that I am even remotely impressed with as of late is Sheanon Williams.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
I know alot of people here loved him, but one thing I SEVERELY disliked about Ruiz was his laziness. Maybe it is just because of my coaching mentality but players that can score goals, but otherwise doesnt work defensively and just seems to cruise around a lot of game, I am not a fan of. Miss his goals, dont miss his lazyness.

His "laziness" was what created his goals. He played the game with the defense and made them uneasy. That is what a good forward does. A forward like him also helps the defense in that regard because he prevents everyone from joining the attack. Too much everyone just bunkers back right now no one is being aggressive.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
His "laziness" was what created his goals. He played the game with the defense and made them uneasy. That is what a good forward does. A forward like him also helps the defense in that regard because he prevents everyone from joining the attack. Too much everyone just bunkers back right now no one is being aggressive.

Sorry but laziness does not create goals. A good forward knows how to score goals, while being aggressive on both sides of the pitch. Him chilling forward does not help out his team. Yea, no one is being aggressive. That is the same exact thing Ruiz did so there isnt much of a difference.

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
Nah, Ruiz was like Inzhagi. He played a game with the back line and knew how to manipulate them. Yeah he got a lot of off sides but it wasnt laziness. It was playing the game.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Nah, Ruiz was like Inzhagi. He played a game with the back line and knew how to manipulate them. Yeah he got a lot of off sides but it wasnt laziness. It was playing the game.

Well his way of playing the game is now in Mexico.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
And this teams way of playing is pretty bad now...odd.

Like I said. Never said he didnt score goals for us. We hd the problems before, but we were able to win games due to the few goals we scored and the solid defense. Now the defense is doing below average and we arent scoring goals.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
yep, and he had the GWG this weekend.

I'm with Kevin on this one. people are just looking at the surface and not understand the depth of his game

Eh. I have coached many players that play his game. I dont like how they play it. It is just the way I coach. I dont like lazy players.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Not Union related but wants to say that, found out how much some of these coaches get paid. Got am email about a coaching position for a Super Y Chinese team in China. It is a 12 month deal, making around $36,000 a month. That is crazy money right there.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Not Union related but wants to say that, found out how much some of these coaches get paid. Got am email about a coaching position for a Super Y Chinese team in China. It is a 12 month deal, making around $36,000 a month. That is crazy money right there.
Uh, take that job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany