OT: Philadelphia Union Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
That makes me scared the way Robbie knows how to score. He was good for Tottenham.

Keane was awful for West Ham this past season, he might have relegated them too.

I along with the other USMNT fanatics watched the Hammers games last season to watch Spector played midfield and he missed so many damn sitters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0V7cI4LXJ0

Thats one of many, probably the most famous.

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA
Keane was awful for West Ham this past season, he might have relegated them too.

I along with the other USMNT fanatics watched the Hammers games last season to watch Spector played midfield and he missed so many damn sitters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0V7cI4LXJ0

Thats one of many, probably the most famous.
Ok he mustve lost his touch then because the few Tottenham games I saw 2 seasons ago he scored in all of them. Small sample size since I only watched 3-4 but he looked good.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Juan Pablo Angel might come to the Union. Mondragon sounds convinced he is on the team.

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
I'd prefer NOT getting JPA. He is just like Ruiz, lazy.

But hey.

JPA - Mwanga/Jac Mac
Mapp/Daniel - Adu/Torres - Carroll - Le Toux
Farfan - Califf - Valdes - Williams

slitz

Feb 28, 2004
I'd prefer NOT getting JPA. He is just like Ruiz, lazy.

I seriously hope you are kidding

lazy? what a joke. guy led the team in goals and most of them were clutch. i'll take 11 lazy ruiz clones scoring clutch goals over 11 little engines that cant like le toux

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I looked up Juan Pablo Angel on youtube, and apparently his son's incredible.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Don't know much about football but I played a **** ton of FIFA these pass couple days and all I score with is Le Toux. Is he any good?

KevinLin

Feb 17, 2007
I seriously hope you are kidding

lazy? what a joke. guy led the team in goals and most of them were clutch. i'll take 11 lazy ruiz clones scoring clutch goals over 11 little engines that cant like le toux

Ruiz lazy stuff was such a load of crap. Sometimes the smart move is looking lazy and its about results...Ruiz got them in the net. Union need someone else to do that now that he's gone. JPA hasnt really provided that this year but maybe the colombians will work some magic. LeToux REALLY hasnt provided that unless he's been taking PKs.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
Don't know much about football but I played a **** ton of FIFA these pass couple days and all I score with is Le Toux. Is he any good?

:laugh:

Le Toux is a mystery. Last year he was easily team MVP and at least in the discussion for league MVP. This year his touch is non-existent and he couldn't buy a goal with Beckham's paycheck.

He's money on penalties though. And he runs hard.

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
:laugh:

Le Toux is a mystery. Last year he was easily team MVP and at least in the discussion for league MVP. This year his touch is non-existent and he couldn't buy a goal with Beckham's paycheck.

He's money on penalties though. And he runs hard.

Le Toux has 3 goals this year. All PK's.

:cry:

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Le Toux has 3 goals this year. All PK's.

:cry:

To me, LeToux right now is like a NHL sniper who is in a goalscoring slump. When a sniper is hot, he is taking shots from all over the place. When he's in a slump, he's gripping the stick a little tighter and only taking shots that he thinks will be definite goals. LeToux has had chances, but he's just not shooting the ball.

I don't know what to say about Ruiz. Yes, he scored goals, but he also seemed to be called offsides quite a bit, ruining a number of scoring chances. That said their offensive production is definitely down since his departure.

The game on Saturday should have been a win, but Dallas' goalie came up huge in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Big away game this coming Saturday. I'd love to see a win, but a tie wouldn't be a terrible thing against a very good Crew squad.

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
To me, LeToux right now is like a NHL sniper who is in a goalscoring slump. When a sniper is hot, he is taking shots from all over the place. When he's in a slump, he's gripping the stick a little tighter and only taking shots that he thinks will be definite goals. LeToux has had chances, but he's just not shooting the ball.

I don't know what to say about Ruiz. Yes, he scored goals, but he also seemed to be called offsides quite a bit, ruining a number of scoring chances. That said their offensive production is definitely down since his departure.

The game on Saturday should have been a win, but Dallas' goalie came up huge in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Big away game this coming Saturday. I'd love to see a win, but a tie wouldn't be a terrible thing against a very good Crew squad.

Yeah, but Le Toux is on pace to finish with 8 or 9 LESS goals then last season. Quite a slump.

I cant stand the prices for jerseys. I can get an Eagles jersey for like $65, but Flyers jerseys are over $100 easy and Union shirts are $69-$90.

I was hoping to find an Adu shirt online, but the cheapest is $90. That's insane. It's a t-shirt.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Yeah, but Le Toux is on pace to finish with 8 or 9 LESS goals then last season. Quite a slump.

I cant stand the prices for jerseys. I can get an Eagles jersey for like $65, but Flyers jerseys are over $100 easy and Union shirts are $69-$90.

I was hoping to find an Adu shirt online, but the cheapest is $90. That's insane. It's a t-shirt.

Didn't take long for the Union to have them in stock. I think I saw at least 10 walking out of PPL Park on Saturday night.

With regards to LeToux, you can't score if you don't shoot. As I pointed out in an earlier post, he's averaging over a shot less this year than last. However, the glaring stat is shots on goal. Last year he had 48 in 28 games (1.71 per game) versus 16 in 23 games (0.69 per game).

Last edited:

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
Didn't take long for the Union to have them in stock. I think I saw at least 10 walking out of PPL Park on Saturday night.

Bit the bullet and ordered an Adu shirt. Now all I need is an Arsenal jersey and I'll have a jersey for all my favorite teams (minus the 76ers, and thats not likely to change).

slitz

Feb 28, 2004
comparing le toux to an nhl sniper is a huge stretch. the guy had ONE good season and scored more than 1 goal in a game ONCE last season.

if we need to compare him to an nhler, how about jonathan cheechoo?

t shirt? the jerseys they are selling are a hell of alot nicer than t shirts

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
comparing le toux to an nhl sniper is a huge stretch. the guy had ONE good season and scored more than 1 goal in a game ONCE last season.

if we need to compare him to an nhler, how about jonathan cheechoo?

t shirt? the jerseys they are selling are a hell of alot nicer than t shirts

No, it's a jersey.

Le Toux had a career year last year. He is not snakebitten this season, he is just not talented enough to do that every year.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
JPA sucks

PeterHirdt Peter Hirdt
by TaylorTwellman
Juan Pablo Angel, excluding PKs: 46 goals in first 89 MLS games, 3 goals in 35 games since then (dating back to Aug. 08).

Enough said, and you all think Le Toux sucks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad