OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Comes down to this, you can go 75-87 with a $100M budget just as easily as a $200M budget, but then you can actually afford to resign your own stars (if you can produce them, Bohm is on the way) instead of overpaying for declining over 30 free agents.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How about the rumor that they had a deal done last week with former phillie Trevor May but something came up in the physical and he ends up with the Mets instead.

As for Segura the rumor seems to be with the Jays for Roark

Vinny Velo was tendered, didn't think they would bother.

Knapp gets 1.1M

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
tenor.png

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Poverty franchise gonna poverty franchise.

This franchise always will be cheapskates. They just fooled us for a few years in the late 2000’s.

They are who we thought they were.

Reactions: Flybynite

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Poverty franchise gonna poverty franchise.

This franchise always will be cheapskates. They just fooled us for a few years in the late 2000’s.

They are who we thought they were.

Don't worry, if we get 1st overall, we'll just draft another Mickey Moniak. Seriously, for the most part, this entire organization sucks ass when it comes to scouting and developing players properly. Nola and Bohm are the exceptions to this.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
There's a reason why the Phillies have the most losses in baseball history and it's not just their age(there actually are like 5 or 6 teams that started play before the Phillies).

The periods of actual 'competitiveness' are minor blips on a perpetually ineptly run (often crying cheap) franchise with historically bad periods of drafting and minor league player development.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My apathy for this franchise is at an all time low. First time in my life I didnt watch a single game in a season.

Idk if its the sport itself or the Phillies ineptitude but i just dont care anymore.

I don’t really care much either but I still generally watch as baseball usually has that time slot in the year where nothing else is on for a few months. At least in a normal year.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I don’t really care much either but I still generally watch as baseball usually has that time slot in the year where nothing else is on for a few months. At least in a normal year.
Yea i didnt watch any baseball this yr and it distresses me because I love the idea of the game but the pace just cant hold me.

I cant even bring myself to watch great games from the past. My attention span cant handle it.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad