OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They’re going to go bargain shopping. And that’s probably not the worst idea in this climate. Unless they are going to be cheap like everyone else.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just when I thought this guy couldn’t get any worse.

Rob Manfred Open To Future Neutral-Site World Series

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said the concept of a neutral-site World Series is at least worthy of further discussion after concluding the first in history at Globe Life Field.

"You should always think about innovation," Manfred told THE DAILY. "I wouldn't say a neutral-site World Series is completely off the table. There were things that we saw in Texas that were advantages for us. You can plan. You can take out travel. You can pick sites that eliminate weather problems. Those are all things worthy of conversation and discussion. I think the big (weight) on the scale in favor of our traditional format, the thing that really matters at the end of the day, are fans in home markets."

That’s the worst idea I’ve ever heard.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
"and the Phillies, again, celebrate around Roy Halladay"

3 years ago we lost Doc
I remember it like it was yesterday, we were unpacking some stuff for our wedding early in the week and bringing it into the venue so it could be set up.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw that his plane had crashed but they didn’t know if it was him. Had to take a minute or two.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I remember it like it was yesterday, we were unpacking some stuff for our wedding early in the week and bringing it into the venue so it could be set up.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw that his plane had crashed but they didn’t know if it was him. Had to take a minute or two.
I came home from work that day and saw it doing my internet rounds. "a man believed to be Roy Halladay missing off coast of Mexico"

And then like an idiot your brain goes ah it can't be him, there's still a chance it isn't him. It's not official.

That night he was IDd and I f***ing cried in the shower for 10 minutes

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Finally the kids get a chance to play a little.

Phillies instructional league prospect report

Five key names, Abel, Morales, Simmons, Garcia and Rojas.
Abel and Morales have elite stuff.
Simmons really came on last season at high rookie ball, athletic HS SS with good size and power.
Garcia was a big bonus baby out of LA, struggled last season b/c he was promoted too fast, but is filling out.
Rojas came out of nowhere and is an intriguing combination of size and speed in CF.

They have guys closer to the majors in Moniak, Stott, Marchan, and Bohm, Romero and Brogdon made their debut last summer.
But they need a couple kids to break out, you need your 1st rd guys to hit, but also a couple low cost Latin signings and later round picks as well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If they can get Garcia to turn into something really good it would be huge for the organization, especially if they can hit on another like Rojas or Simmons.

With Lakewood and Clearwater flipping, I look forward to seeing the high A kids next year that I would rarely get to see since Clearwater doesn't have a camera like Lakewood, Reading and LV have for Milb.tv

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Visiting Jays fan, was just noticing the shocking number of prospects the Phillies have that are eligible for the rule 5 draft. I was curious who among them that you all think are going to be protected.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Visiting Jays fan, was just noticing the shocking number of prospects the Phillies have that are eligible for the rule 5 draft. I was curious who among them that you all think are going to be protected.

Morales, Jones, Maton, maybe Dohy or Warren since they are lefties, perhaps Muzziotti if not maybe Josh Stephen.

Reactions: Hoverhand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->