OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
f*** everyone, except Doc. 10 yrs ago today he threw his playoff no hitter.

I tell this story every year on 10/5 but he walked Jay Bruce...like in the first or second inning. I was in the car with dad listening to it on the radio going to hockey practice and we joked around going "UGH THERE GOES HIS PERFECT GAME. TIME TO PULL HIM!" etc

He was the only player to reach base

Thanks for the memories Doc

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The Astros are just going to keep winning aren't they. They've played 2 teams so far who have just kept choking leads away

Also I'm kind of sick of these playoffs and all the home runs. So annoying. It's ironically unexciting when every run is scored off a home run every game

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Astros are just going to keep winning aren't they. They've played 2 teams so far who have just kept choking leads away

Also I'm kind of sick of these playoffs and all the home runs. So annoying. It's ironically unexciting when every run is scored off a home run every game
Juiced balls. Last playoffs they took them away until they were needed. This year they kept them in the rotation.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I wish we had a fun team like the Padres or a dominant team like the Dodgers.

I think the Dodgers finally break through this year. They’re unbelievable. Yes, I know this statement isn’t remotely going out on a limb.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Their 9th inning situation seems a little shaky, but I agree.

That was a really fun game to watch. So much tension even as a neutral in the top of the 9th.

Jansen is their weakest link. Almost cost them tonight; could be foreshadowing a future implosion.

He very well may be and it could happen but that weakest link compared to other team’s weakest link isn’t narrowing the gap between teams enough, IMO.

My biggest fear for the Dodgers going into the playoffs was losing one of these short series. Looks like they’re avoiding that.

I really hate that we’re going to lose one of these teams this round. Would love a seven game series of these two teams over the Braves/Dodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad