Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Only 38 % of draft complete

Today is a fun day

I was familiar with 80 offense and 80 defense so today is when players drafted I don’t know about

My daughter gets a kick out of how I spend so much time on the NFL and NHL draft and reminds me I thought her favorite all time player ‘tough guy David Krejci’ was a bad pick and a soft player I think I compared to Jozef Stumpel lol

I would love to see WR (Baker UCF) go with one of next two picks

Bourne
Osborn
Douglas
Polk
Baker
Thornton

Team has 2 picks in the top 10 of the 4th hope for 2 of

Tampa Franklin Rice Jones
Yah Tampa pretty intriguing- not sure if he fell through cracks or some red flag

I like all your guys

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Love Sainristil
Yeh I wanted this guy

Me and Joe (Glorydaze) were in my tv room watching and I think he threw his baseball cap when he got picked lol

We were discussing him a couple minutes before

Everett High School

Roman Wilson probably projects as a potential #3 WR. Not explosive but solid. I wouldn't mind taking another WR though. Take a couple and hope you hit on one.
Steelers always seem to take 3 or 4 guys I love

Last edited:
Reactions: KOZ37

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Reactions: DKH

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Rattler

1714219408606.png

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
They have to be considering a TE early today right? Have to weaponize that offense 😁

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I probably would have gambled on Mitchell, but I'm not sure you bring him into a rebuilding team with a new coach and young QB. That's a guy who should go to an established system with a vet QB.

I think Polk was likely the 2nd best option available at that point. Troy Franklin's the better athlete, but the size (weight/frame) is a concern and he's got small hands. Might have had a slight preference for Roman Wilson, but I get preferring Polk, especially when the new WR coach knows him.

As for today, I wouldn't be surprised if they go RB early with Rhamondre entering a contract year.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
@BradPark22 @EverettMike

I will admit, I overstepped when it came to the development part. To say Belichick had no hand in shaping and molding Brady into the Quarterback he became is admittedly absurd. HOWEVER, are there people that will still pretend that Bill saw him as the greatest player in NFL history and give him all of the credit for things Brady accomplished? Like the reason why the pendulum has swung the other way on Bill's involvement in Brady's career trajectory is because he continually downplayed Brady's impact and took credit for the things Brady did on the field. For the first half of the dynasty, it's 70-30 in Bill's favor. The second half? 80-20, maybe even 90-10, Brady. Brady covered up a lot of the blatant team building flaws that this team didn't fix and got exposed when he left for Tampa Bay.

He quite literally, and I mean literally in the traditional sense, has never downplayed Brady's impact. Literally the opposite.

You can't cite one single actual example. Not one. None exist.

Reactions: CDJ

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I have no problems with another QB in the later rounds. I think our 4s are too valuable and a 5th might be too. Grab one in the 6th or 7th and let him compete for 3QB. I don't really think Rattler makes it that far today.

Why you earth would they draft Rustler after drafting Maye?
Same reason the 49ers drafted Lance and Purdy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad