OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Preseason: Mychal Kendricks Signs 4-Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
HarshDependentHectorsdolphin-size_restricted.gif

I honestly think Bradford could legally have been hit there. I mean the way he handed it off, (2 hands fully extended in Sproles belly) suggests it was an option play, the other tell tale sign is that the TE on the play I can't tell if it was Celek or not didn't block Suggs at all. He puts hands on him for a split second then let's him go free as he goes to block the DT or LB coming in. That doesn't happen on a standard run play. So while I agree that Bradford could be legally tackled, I also agree that it was a dirty hit and Suggs went for the legs of the QB which should have been penalized anyway. So, in summary, basically had Suggs hit Bradford in the chest and made a hard hit on the QB I wouldn't have had any problems with it and to be honest don't think he would have been penalized on the play, but because he went low on a QB I think he's always going to get that penalty, or at least should.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
looks like suggs is trying to hit bradford center-mass and bradford lunges out of the way & he then gets mainly legs. agreed he should be able to hit him there [as in it was a bad penalty call]

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That's as clean as a hand off as you'll ever see.

LOL @ the people trying to justify their theories.

Show me 1000 other hand offs and they'll look exactly the same.

BTW, his free run was because it was a running play, that was designed to get Suggs up the field and let the RB go free. Suggs was just stupid and/or trying to hit Bradford.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
That's as clean as a hand off as you'll ever see.

LOL @ the people trying to justify their theories.

Show me 1000 other hand offs and they'll look exactly the same.

BTW, his free run was because it was a running play, that was designed to get Suggs up the field and let the RB go free. Suggs was just stupid and/or trying to hit Bradford.

Most straight handoff's are one handed. And theres no way in this world you are going to convince me that on a straight handoff they just let the DE's go free "just because".

And it's a bang bang play. The handoff looks exactly the same as the playaction play right next to it. What do you expect Suggs to do? His responsibility on that play is the QB. If it's PA and the QB still has the ball hes getting an earful from his coach because he bit on it.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I don't really care if Bradford was eligible to be hit or not. If you lead with the crown of your helmet towards a QB's knees in a preseason game, then you should expect that people are going to call you out. I'm sure he would be singing a different tune if the crown of Fletcher Cox's helmet found Flacco's jaw on the following series.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
http://deadspin.com/cris-carters-fall-guy-advice-was-kept-off-the-record-1726215757

The NFL had a reporter at that Rookie Symposium which normally the event is off limits to any media members. The NFL told the writer he couldn't include Carter's comments which he agreed to as he didn't want to ruin his relationship with them.

The idiots still put the full video of the event with that part in it on their website though. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What? No way! Must have agreed to the pee tests. :laugh:

Good to see though. I'm a fan and look forward to the Kiko-Kendricks duo.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Pete Carroll and Chip Vs. The World

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article32263320.html

When Sam Bradford got hit low by Baltimore’s Terrell Suggs this past weekend in an exhibition game in Philadelphia after handing off on a read-option play, Pete Carroll felt it across the country at Seahawks’ headquarters in Renton.

The referee flagged Suggs for roughing the passer Saturday night. Monday the league’s director of officiating Dean Blandino told its network Suggs should not have been penalized because “it’s not a foul by rule.”

That’s precisely what Carroll wants the NFL and Blandino to clarify in time for the regular season that begins in three weeks.

In fact, Carroll was coming off the practice field on his way into his office this afternoon to call the league to ensure it was doing something to address what Carroll sees as unnecessary hits on quarterbacks.

Carroll’s interest in the subject is obvious, given how much Seattle runs quarterback Russell Wilson on read-option handoff-or-keep plays so much during the regular season.

“I have seen a couple of them and I really thought they were worthy of being noted as penalty plays,” Carroll said of such hits on QBs, most recently by Suggs on Bradford. “Obviously we’re really tuned into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad