OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Preseason: Mychal Kendricks Signs 4-Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
OL's are like relief pitchers, they have up and down years, injuries obviously play a part, but when there is tape of techniques, d-coaches figure out the weaknesses.

Thinking Murray had NOTHING to do with last years success is ignorant. The OL was good, I think they are massively overrated, they can't pass protect worth of ****, and when they went up against an elite Front 7 like the Eagles, didn't do anything. I believe Murray had his 2 worse games against the Eagles.

I don't think Dallas will be a dumpster fire like Washington, but no way they win 12 games.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The overrating of Demarco on that last page..... So bad

I see no overrating of Murray. I see no rating of him at all.

It's a comment about Randle and McFadden, not about Murray. The Cowboys were beyond foolish to not pick up a running back in a deep RB draft. Randle and McFadden together can't even handle Murray's workload last year, which will lead to the need to pass more. That opens up Romo to being hit because that line isn't very good at pass blocking. The Cowboys were successful last year because they could protect Romo with the run game.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I see no overrating of Murray. I see no rating of him at all.

It's a comment about Randle and McFadden, not about Murray. The Cowboys were beyond foolish to not pick up a running back in a deep RB draft. Randle and McFadden together can't even handle Murray's workload last year, which will lead to the need to pass more which opens up Romo to being hit and doing Romo things. That is why the Cowboys were successful last year.

Yea pretty much....

Is it really that hard for people to say that the running game last season for the Cowboys was due to BOTH the OL AND the RB? I swear the dislike on Murray by some is based solely on the fact that he was an ex Cowboy. I can understand being worried because of his workload, but its foolish if you hate the guy because of his past team.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I tend to agree with the comments of Michael Bennet on Sam Bradford. QBs in general are too whiny and the league protects them (and to a lesser a extent WRs) way too much. I think the flag was warranted given the state of the game, and I also think that Suggs did it on purpose, but there is way too much whining about this particular play and just in general.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I tend to agree with the comments of Michael Bennet on Sam Bradford. QBs in general are too whiny and the league protects them (and to a lesser a extent WRs) way too much. I think the flag was warranted given the state of the game, and I also think that Suggs did it on purpose, but there is way too much whining about this particular play and just in general.

Overall yes, but I feel like I haven't heard Bradford say anything about in since Saturday.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I dont agree with Bennet simply because he should really mind his own business, but I will say Bradford doesn't strike me as a particularly tough guy.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
They were 12-4 last year and were a dumb rule away from the Conference Title game. You're undervaluing them. How many playoff games they have won in the past 18 years is irrelevant to this season.

And they were an obvious holding call away from losing to the Lions in the first round.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Overall yes, but I feel like I haven't heard Bradford say anything about in since Saturday.

Yeah I wasn't really singling out Bradford, just the league/media/fans/players etc. as a whole. It isn't just with this hit, it is all the time. Fines here, penalties there, blah blah blah. Obviously, you don't want people to get hurt, I understand that. From what I understand about that concussion settlement, guys were being lied to about injuries or forced to play with injuries when they didn't want to, and that is not ok. But so long as everyone is on the same page, just let them play football. I want to see someone lay out a QB. I want to see someone lay out a dude on a punt return that isn't paying attention. I want to see a WR get leveled going over the middle. If they get hurt, that is a shame, but they know that going into it. If they don't want to be in that situation, don't play WR or QB. Be a RB or a DB or something else. Tired of the wussification of this sport (and other sports, and really the country as a whole).

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Looking like the Packers will be playing mostly the 2-3's tonight, instead of any starters. Rodgers looks to not be playing, same for 3 of the 5 starters on the O-Line... Might be a different story on defense for them however, as they look to build some continuity in the secondary and LB's with several starting gigs up for grabs (which seems to be the same story every year much to my chagrin)

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can't wait for the season to start. I'm not as hardcore about the Eagles as I am about the Flyers but I'm almost as excited to see this team play as I am for hockey to start.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
It's preseason, but the starters on both side of the ball have been fantastic.

During all first quarters so far, the Eagles have outscored the opposition 45-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->