OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Preseason: Mychal Kendricks Signs 4-Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Great decision, Chip. Kendricks/Kiko will be a dynamic ILB duo for the next 3-4 years. Barwin and Graham on the outside, Bennie/Cox/Thornton up front... Curry off the bench... Scary front 7.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Eagles are now tied with the Broncos for the fifth best odds to win the Super Bowl (15/1). The Packers, Seahawks, Colts, and Patriots are the top four.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Great decision, Chip. Kendricks/Kiko will be a dynamic ILB duo for the next 3-4 years. Barwin and Graham on the outside, Bennie/Cox/Thornton up front... Curry off the bench... Scary front 7.

It honestly had to be done. The depth just isn't there & there's other area's that are going need to be addressed next offseason that it just would have been tough with adding LB to the list of needs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How the hell is Marvin Lewis still with the Bengals? He's somehow entering his 13th season with them despite never winning a playoff game (0-6).

The Eagles haven't been the greatest of franchises in the league the last 40 years & even that **** wouldn't fly here.

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
It's the giant shoulder pads and ridiculous sleeves haha.

I just realized its totally the sleeves. I mean yea his shoulder pads are huge too but theres nothing wrong with that if hes comfortable throwing in them but theres like nobody in the NFL that wears their sleeves like that

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
How the hell is Marvin Lewis still with the Bengals? He's somehow entering his 13th season with them despite never winning a playoff game (0-6).

The Eagles haven't been the greatest of franchises in the league the last 40 years & even that **** wouldn't fly here.

Could you imagine Reid being here as long as he was and never winning a playoff game?

Last edited:

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I just realized its totally the sleeves. I mean yea his shoulder pads are huge too but theres nothing wrong with that if hes comfortable throwing in them but theres like nobody in the NFL that wears their sleeves like that

Peyton, I think.

Who also happenens to look like a huge dork.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Peyton, I think.

Who also happenens to look like a huge dork.

And whattya know the first QB that pops up thats not Peyton in Google images when you search Peyton Manning Sleeves is our very own :laugh:. Apparently we weren't the first to notice

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Forreal though, Bradford needs to get some elastic around those sleeves and he wouldn't look like a child.

There has to be something stylistically he likes about it otherwise he'd be like everyone else (having tight sleeves on arms)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So is it a spoof?

Not a spoof but basically if you're going to complain (as a Cowboys fan) about how bad their offense is you better be applauding the defense.

So there you have it. Same thing hold true for total yards allowed. Of course, this is the preseason, so what does any of this mean?

It means that if you're going to complain about the offensive performance, you had better be bragging about the Cowboys' league-leading defense.
It means if you're going to talk about how the Eagles offense is going to dominate the league this year, you had better point out how we're seeing the rebirth of the Doomsday Defense in Dallas.
It also means that if you're going to talk about the dominant Cowboys pass defense, you'll need to talk about how the Cowboys rank 31st in the league with a -5 turnover differential after just two games. And you'll also have to point out that the vaunted Cowboys offense is dead last in the league with just 6.5 points scored per game.
The point is, you can't just cherry-pick your stats to fit your narrative, especially not in the preseason.

Essentially, the preseason is a cracked and murky crystal ball from which everybody is trying to divine some meaning, even though making any type of predicions based on preseason results is largely a hit-and-miss affair. Depending on your persuasion, you might worry about the fact that the Cowboys are 0-2 so far this season, you might be excited by the potential of the defensive line, you might be indifferent to the umpteenth retelling of the concerns surrounding the running back depth chart, you might show some concern for the listless performance of special teams, pray for the continued health of every single Dallas Cowboys defender, and fervently hope that the stats at the top of this post aren't just some stat nerd messing with you.

Regardless of where each of us stands, we're probably reading too much into the preseason. We all know that preseason performance isn't any indicator of regular season performance. The 2008 Lions are the best example of that, going 4-0 in the preseason and ending up 0-16 in the regular season. Last year, the Cowboys famously went 0-4 in the preseason and ended up tied for the best record in the league with 12-4.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Personally I feel how Bradford looks in his uniform is very far down on the list of importance.

It is.

But what else do we want to talk about? If Suggs' hit was illegal? That we don't want Bradford to get hurt again?

We talk about all sorts of dumb things, why not this? I think it's fascinating he's one of the only players I know (outside of kickers/punters) that opt for no elastic in their jersey sleeves.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Sam+Bradford+St+Louis+Rams+v+New+Orleans+Saints+kgpPF8GV40Sl.jpg

Voila_Capture-2015-05-21_01-32-29_PM.jpg

The latter looks ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad