OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Preseason: Mychal Kendricks Signs 4-Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Do you guys really think this Eagles team is gonna compete for the "class of the NFC?"

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but being in the west coast, i haven't seen a single preseason down. This is a genuine question.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Do you guys really think this Eagles team is gonna compete for the "class of the NFC?"

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but being in the west coast, i haven't seen a single preseason down. This is a genuine question.

All depends on health. The talent is there. I think people are not giving the team enough credit. That isn't based off of two preseason games for me though. They have a chance to be special but they come with a good amount of "if's".

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I don't think so but if Bradford can stay healthy & play well they should make the playoffs as the NFC East isn't exactly a gauntlet. If that doesn't happen they're likely selecting in the top 10 at the draft next spring.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
I don't think so but if Bradford can stay healthy & play well they should make the playoffs as the NFC East isn't exactly a gauntlet. If that doesn't happen they're likely selecting in the top 10 at the draft next spring.

Even if Bradford goes down, that D, OL and running back stable could do a lot of damage.

If they make the playoffs and have the OL/RBs healthy than I can see them making a deep run.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Yea I'm not high on Sanchez but I doubt we'd lose a ton just because hes at the helm. Our running game is too strong, along with special teams and the improved D? No way.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There's zero chance this team picks top 10 with Sanchez.

The same Mark Sanchez that can't throw the ball past 15 yards & often turns the ball over? Sanchez puts a boatload of pressure on the guys around him to make the plays for him since he doesn't have the arm talent to do so.

If he plays the bulk of the season it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
There's zero chance this team picks top 10 with Sanchez.

Well, I think it depends if he plays 8 +games then there's definitely a chance.

But ignoring any extreme circumstance I see this team in the playoffs.

Also, I love how dominant our special teams are. Hoping for the same this year. (looking likely)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's such an NFL thing to do to tell rookies to get a "fall guy" instead of just telling them to follow the rules/law.

Won't be shocked if this hurts Carter as well.

I don't know why they picked those two guys out of all people to talk to rookies about stuff like that. Sapp's been arrested on two separate occasions just in this year which isn't over yet. Carter's had his own problems & isn't exactly a great molder of young men (see his son Duron).

I need to get me a job in the NFL's PR Department. :laugh:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I don't know why they picked those two guys out of all people to talk to rookies about stuff like that. Sapp's been arrested on two separate occasions just in this year which isn't over yet. Carter's had his own problems & isn't exactly a great molder of young men (see his son Duron).

I need to get me a job in the NFL's PR Department. :laugh:

No kidding. I don't hate the idea of bringing in two examples of "what could happen to you", but at least send the right message for crying out loud. Telling them to get a fall guy just reinforces the idea that these guys are above taking blame for their own actions.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No kidding. I don't hate the idea of bringing in two examples of "what could happen to you", but at least send the right message for crying out loud. Telling them to get a fall guy just reinforces the idea that these guys are above taking blame for their own actions.

Actually I was mistaken. I thought video was shot recently but it was actually last summer so that would have been before Sapp's incidents. It seems someone did some digging after Chris Borland mentioned a former veteran player telling him to do this at a rookie orientation in his recent interview with ESPN.

Here's the excerpt from the article:
SHORTLY AFTER HE was drafted by the 49ers in the third round last year, Borland attended the annual rookie orientation put on by the NFL. The league tries to prepare young players for what to expect on and off the field, and it brought in two prominent retired players to give the rookies advice.

"Get yourself a fall guy," Borland says one of the former players advised. The former player, whom Borland declined to name, told the rookies that if they ran into legal trouble, their designated 
fall guy would be there to take the blame and, if necessary, go to jail. "'We'll bail him out,'" Borland says the former player assured them.

It's still mind boggling how a video like that ended up on their website though. :laugh:

Last edited:

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The same Mark Sanchez that can't throw the ball past 15 yards & often turns the ball over? Sanchez puts a boatload of pressure on the guys around him to make the plays for him since he doesn't have the arm talent to do so.

If he plays the bulk of the season it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.
Last year 6-10 was "Top" 10
Not even Sanchez is bad enough to drag this team down to 6 wins.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Last year 6-10 was "Top" 10
Not even Sanchez is bad enough to drag this team down to 6 wins.

He's fine for a game or two but for extended period of time he's a disaster. It's certainly not an unthinkable claim.

The Eagles still have question marks on both sides of the ball that extends past the quarterback situation with Bradford & Sanchez. Their LB, OL, & DB have some concerns when it comes to health & depth there. Even the RB's have a lot of mileage with tear on them, Matthews specifically is likely good for an injury based off history up to this point.

It wouldn't surprise me one way or another with this team. I don't think they have a high ceiling for this year so if things don't fall in place for them I wouldn't be surprised if they're selecting top 10.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
He's fine for a game or two but for extended period of time he's a disaster. It's certainly not an unthinkable claim.

The Eagles still have question marks on both sides of the ball that extends past the quarterback situation with Bradford & Sanchez. Their LB, OL, & DB have some concerns when it comes to health & depth there. Even the RB's have a lot of mileage with tear on them, Matthews specifically is likely good for an injury based off history up to this point.

It wouldn't surprise me one way or another with this team. I don't think they have a high ceiling for this year so if things don't fall in place for them I wouldn't be surprised if they're selecting top 10.

I suppose your last sentence explained our thought processes. I'm expecting to see somewhere around 11 wins. I'm guessing you see them around 9-7?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I suppose your last sentence explained our thought processes. I'm expecting to see somewhere around 11 wins. I'm guessing you see them around 9-7?

I really don't have any expectation for them one way or another next year. They're a wildcard to me but with that said I feel confident in saying they're not a Super Bowl contender.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I really don't have any expectation for them one way or another next year. They're a wildcard to me but with that said I feel confident in saying they're not a Super Bowl contender.

So you think the Cowboys or Giants will have a better record than the Eagles?

I may be a bit biased but I don't see it. Cowboys and Giants don't scare me at all.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So you think the Cowboys or Giants will have a better record than the Eagles?

I may be a bit biased but I don't see it. Cowboys and Giants don't scare me at all.

The Giants would probably need a lot go right for them while the Eagles have a lot go wrong. The Cowboys on the other hand I don't think is a crazy thought to think they might finish ahead of the Eagles again.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Giants Defense will be one of the worst in the league.

I want to defer to the Cowboys as a threat, but man do they look really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia