OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Preseason: Mychal Kendricks Signs 4-Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Yea, I remember seeing that and I was like, why do they look longer on the Eagles jersey?

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
The NFL should really invest a lot in determining the reason(s) for all of these torn ACLs, and find a way to decrease them. Maybe they already are, but it seems to get worse every year.

I've read some say it's due to the fake field surfaces. Not saying I buy into that 100%, but it seems logical.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The NFL should really invest a lot in determining the reason(s) for all of these torn ACLs, and find a way to decrease them. Maybe they already are, but it seems to get worse every year.

I've read some say it's due to the fake field surfaces. Not saying I buy into that 100%, but it seems logical.

Dr's say you can help prevent it by stretching and strengthening muscles around the knee.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Eagles are now tied with the Broncos for the fifth best odds to win the Super Bowl (15/1). The Packers, Seahawks, Colts, and Patriots are the top four.
that's a bad line
from 5 dimes today, top 10:
Seattle Seahawks +450
Green Bay Packers +500
Indianapolis Colts +950
New England Patriots +1000
Denver Broncos +1500
Dallas Cowboys +1850
Philadelphia Eagles +2175
Baltimore Ravens +2300
Pittsburgh Steelers +2650
Arizona Cardinals +2800

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
that's a bad line
from 5 dimes today, top 10:
Seattle Seahawks +450
Green Bay Packers +500
Indianapolis Colts +950
New England Patriots +1000
Denver Broncos +1500
Dallas Cowboys +1850
Philadelphia Eagles +2175
Baltimore Ravens +2300
Pittsburgh Steelers +2650
Arizona Cardinals +2800

All lines are different. I can pull five others that are different than both of ours.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
How are the cowboys ahead of us lol? They have no RB and their defense just got a whole lot worse.

Because they're the Cowboys. 'Murica's Team. Greatest NFL Team Ever. But most of all.....dat offensive line.

Oh wait, the Jaguars have won more playoff games than the Cowboys in the last 18 years.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Because they're the Cowboys. 'Murica's Team. Greatest NFL Team Ever. But most of all.....dat offensive line.

Oh wait, the Jaguars have won more playoff games than the Cowboys in the last 18 years.

How is what the Jaguars did in the past 18 years relevant to this discussion at hand? wait, it isnt.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
How is what the Jaguars did in the past 18 years relevant to this discussion at hand? wait, it isnt.

Because the Cowboys are and have been a mediocre team for years and years now yet a team like the Jaguars, who many laugh at, have had more success than the Cowboys. It was a comment to go along with the sarcastic beginning to my post to continue with PALE PWNR's questioning.

The Cowboys are in for a world of hurt this year. They have Dez Bryant and a QB that is one hit away from a wheelchair (similar to the Eagles). They're not going to be able to dictate the play like they did last year with Murray in the run game. That run game protected Romo from being Romo and helped preserve him.

martz11

Mar 5, 2013
PA
How are the cowboys ahead of us lol? They have no RB and their defense just got a whole lot worse.

Because in Chip Kelly's 2 seasons they are 4-6 against teams with winning records with an average of 34 points a game against in those 6 losses. If anything the Birds defense has more to prove. Add in the uncertainty of Bradford and the receiving core and I'd honestly say that you'd have a hard time finding anyone outside of Philly puting the Birds ahead of the Boys in terms of Super Bowl odds.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Because the Cowboys are and have been a mediocre team for years and years now yet a team like the Jaguars, who many laugh at, have had more success than the Cowboys. It was a comment to go along with the sarcastic beginning to my post to continue with PALE PWNR's questioning.

The Cowboys are in for a world of hurt this year. They have Dez Bryant and a QB that is one hit away from a wheelchair (similar to the Eagles). They're not going to be able to dictate the play like they did last year with Murray in the run game. That run game protected Romo from being Romo and helped preserve him.

They were 12-4 last year and were a dumb rule away from the Conference Title game. You're undervaluing them. How many playoff games they have won in the past 18 years is irrelevant to this season.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They were 12-4 last year and were a dumb rule away from the Conference Title game. You're undervaluing them.

Wasn't Rodgers severely hampered that game? Serious question but I might be misremembering.

And going by your edit how many playoff games is not irrelevant. It was a matter of people believing that they are good when it comes to gambling. I'd venture to say that the Cowboys are one of the most heavily bet on teams from year to year and the books don't want to take a bath so they give them lower odds.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Wasn't Rodgers severely hampered that game? Serious question but I might be misremembering.

So, what's your point? They are also the one of two teams to win Seattle the last 3 years. Our new boy Murray blew the game while fumbling the ball after a huge hole was opened up for him by that OLINE. He holds onto that ball it is a TD and I believe they are up 14 in the 3rd quarter.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So, what's your point? They are also the one of two teams to win Seattle the last 3 years. Our new boy Murray blew the game while fumbling the ball after a huge hole was opened up for him by that OLINE. He holds onto that ball it is a TD and I believe they are up 14 in the 3rd quarter.

You know exactly what my point is.

Do you think teams are really going to be afraid of McFadden and Randle? Let alone if they can stay on the field. Do you think they're going to be able to run the ball the same way that they did last year to protect Romo from having to do everything, which if the past indicates anything that won't end well.

They'll beat up on the NFC South this year (just like the Eagles will) along with the Giants and Redskins but have to play the Seahawks and the Packers (in Lambeau).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->