OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Preseason: Mychal Kendricks Signs 4-Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Kendricks continues to punch his ticket out of town. Finally came out that he's dealing with a hamstring issue and doesn't know when he'll get on the practice field.

He's one of the players Chip has taken shots at over the last two years for not getting on the field in a timely manner when they're hurt.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If Chip dumps Kendricks only to rely on the corpse of Ryans, I hope it blows up in his face.

Well Chip can only evaluate what he says, if Kendricks can't stay on the field, how helpful is he?

If he cuts lose Kendricks next year, he'll replace him.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I mean, I know everybody is more comfortable with what you know, i.e. Herremans and Mathis, but sometimes they gotta go. Herremans was NOT good last year and Mathis wanted a bunch of money. The guards so far look good and again, they are guards, not tackles.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
offense looks great
although the preseason competition seems ill prepared for the speed of it
I may be a bit biased but I don't see it. Cowboys and Giants don't scare me at all.
giants offense will be great if they can put it all together-their D is the question
cowboys should be good
division will be a dogfight imo

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
offense looks great
although the preseason competition seems ill prepared for the speed of it

giants offense will be great if they can put it all together-their D is the question
cowboys should be good
division will be a dogfight imo

Their offense will be great? You mean OBJ will be great and everyone else will be meh? Can't wait for Manning to do his patented throw the ball deep looking for a Pass Interference call to move the ball down the field.

On another note, this one goes out to you, Justified.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Bradford may not work out, but Foles has been regressing badly.

I don't really think it is even regressing. He just had one part of a ridiculous season that everyone knew (or should have known) was not going to ever come close to being repeated. That 10 game stretch or so was not a good representation of Foles' ablities. It was an aberration, and a big one at that, due largely I think to the fact that he had an enormous amount of talent around him and was operating an offense that the rest of the NFL was not really prepared to properly defend at the time.

It was like when Brady Anderson hit 50 HRs back in 1996. He didn't regress the next year, it was just that 1996 was not really representative of his abilities.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't really think it is even regressing. He just had one part of a ridiculous season that everyone knew (or should have known) was not going to ever come close to being repeated. That 10 game stretch or so was not a good representation of Foles' ablities. It was an aberration, and a big one at that, due largely I think to the fact that he had an enormous amount of talent around him and was operating an offense that the rest of the NFL was not really prepared to properly defend at the time.

It was like when Brady Anderson hit 50 HRs back in 1996. He didn't regress the next year, it was just that 1996 was not really representative of his abilities.

Odd comparision. Brady was on Roids

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Odd comparision. Brady was on Roids

But you get the idea. He had a season that was not indicative of his actual abilities. Regardless of the reason behind Anderson's or Foles' success in those years, they are not indicative of the actual player. For Anderson it was steroids. For Foles it was the aforementioned offense. Either way, I wouldn't say Foles regressed last year, I would say the year before "wasn't really" Nick Foles.

Maybe I am just being too literal, but to me regression means he is not as good as he once was, not just that his stats went down. In my mind he was never as good as his stats and so he didn't really regress, just his stats came back to where they should be.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I'm late to the party on this, but I'm just getting up to speed on the Chris Carter "fall guy" comments. I'm watching the video and it's hilarious they choose him and Sapp as speakers. Seriously, they had Sapp (with his recent legal troubles) at this thing? :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm late to the party on this, but I'm just getting up to speed on the Chris Carter "fall guy" comments. I'm watching the video and it's hilarious they choose him and Sapp as speakers. Seriously, they had Sapp (with his recent legal troubles) at this thing? :laugh:

I really don't have a problem with what he said, I just don't think that advice should be coming directly from the NFL. What he said makes perfect sense. These guys are kids and they are going to do stupid ****, if they are fronting the bill for a bunch of their friends to live like kings, let someone else drive and take the fall when they find dope in the car. The problem is that the NFL should be telling them just not to do that ****. Let Cris Carter hold his own rookie symposium and tell them how to dodge the law.

As for Carter and Sapp being at this event, I think it is a little weird, but at the same time these guys can talk to them about real life examples of what happens when you **** it all up. It would be more impactful I think coming from a guy that didn't rebound and instead just had his career ruined. Kind of like a scared straight thing for NFLers. With these guys out there it almost is like, "Yeah you can screw up big time and still get in to the hall of fame."

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
But you get the idea. He had a season that was not indicative of his actual abilities. Regardless of the reason behind Anderson's or Foles' success in those years, they are not indicative of the actual player. For Anderson it was steroids. For Foles it was the aforementioned offense. Either way, I wouldn't say Foles regressed last year, I would say the year before "wasn't really" Nick Foles.

Maybe I am just being too literal, but to me regression means he is not as good as he once was, not just that his stats went down. In my mind he was never as good as his stats and so he didn't really regress, just his stats came back to where they should be.

I do understand and for guys like me and you, we never really bought into the hype. There were guys that thought Foles was legit and then he "regressed". To us, he was never there.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Am I the only one (well besides Chip Kelly himself) that says the play that Suggs hit Bradford wasn't even a read option? It was just a run out of the shotgun. The league is going to have a lot of problems if the other team can just hit the quarterback every time a run is out of the shotgun.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Do you guys really think this Eagles team is gonna compete for the "class of the NFC?"

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but being in the west coast, i haven't seen a single preseason down. This is a genuine question.

Among talent, scheme and coaching I think the Eagles are a top team in the NFL this year.

There are a number of variables that can change throughout the year such as health, lack of depth and so forth but today I would stack the Eagles starting talent + the coaching staff + scheme against any team in the NFL.

It is just beautiful to see so far how Chip has molded his scheme to fit the talent. To get 2 downhill RBs that can get 4-5 yards a carry on early downs will make a huge difference offensively. A QB that can zip the simple throws on 2nd and 3rd will also help.

Defensively, they look completely different, even without their starting MLBs. Secondary upgrade is evident.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Am I the only one (well besides Chip Kelly himself) that says the play that Suggs hit Bradford wasn't even a read option? It was just a run out of the shotgun. The league is going to have a lot of problems if the other team can just hit the quarterback every time a run is out of the shotgun.

No, all of the writers on Saturday said it was a straight hand off, then a bunch of wusses back tracked like Jeff McLane and said it was legal.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
I also think the Eagles look faster between snaps. At least by the naked eye they look like they are getting set and on the ball even faster than the last 2 years. It has made it easier by not having the RB bounce plays 7-8 yards wide of the origional line of scrimmage.

Seems like everything has been up and down the gut of the defense making it much easier for the team to reset. I mean they ran 16 plays in something like a 3 minute stretch on Saturday. That's unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad