OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Now We Wait And See What The Future Brings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I just wanted to stop by and say thank you. Your passion for the NFL stuff is phenomenal, and i always get great laughs-- see the bolded.

Well thank you, but football makes it easy. There's an unscalable mountain of tactical info available with meaningful differences between approaches, data with which to work, a consistently viewable minor league with projectability and growth at every level from players on down to positional coaches, and not everyone involved ends up working for a team inside of a couple of years thus leaving no critical mass of informed opinions to guide thought. Plus somehow even in 2020, personalities still exist.

TLDR; The hockey community is dogshit out of a precious few corners. I need to try soccer again because I get less interested in hockey by the day.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well thank you, but football makes it easy. There's an unscalable mountain of tactical info available with meaningful differences between approaches, data with which to work, a consistently viewable minor league with projectability and growth at every level from players on down to positional coaches, and not everyone involved ends up working for a team inside of a couple of years thus leaving no critical mass of informed opinions to guide thought. Plus somehow even in 2020, personalities still exist.

TLDR; The hockey community is dogshit out of a precious few corners. I need to try soccer again because I get less interested in hockey by the day.

Last time you did that you nearly ended the world.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That contract seems like it might get to disaster level very quickly.

AlarmedAggressiveGentoopenguin-size_restricted.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

As we’ve said in the past, on multiple occasions, if Goodell and the NFL truly want Kaepernick back in the league, there are ways to make it happen. The Rams, as the reporting went, were nudged by the league in 2014 to select Michael Sam, the first openly gay player in the draft pool. Then, after the Rams cut Sam, Goodell reportedly called around to persuade someone to put Sam on a practice squad. The Cowboys eventually did.

Backroom deals get made all the time in the NFL. Teams always want something, from a Super Bowl to a draft to anything and everything else that the league office has the authority and discretion to dispense. If the league office wants Kaepernick on a team, the league office can make it happen, quickly.

I'm sorry, is Florio insinuating that the NFL's front office should and could strong arm a team to sign Kaepernick by offering them incentives to do so?

Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad