OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Now We Wait And See What The Future Brings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hey Beef and the rest of you guys. I thought I would get the most educated replies in this forum. Please rank these QB's careers from 1 to 5: Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, Cam Newton

I'm too hungover and angry at my PC's power supply to do a real ranking, but I have McNabb at first and Cam Newton last.

Like Jojo said it's a real pity Vick spent the bulk of his career having a coach not interested in using him to fit his talents, while also not being terribly interested in improving himself.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I guess McNabb, Cunningham, Newton, Vick, & Stewart. ...

...So for me, it would be McNabb > Cunningham > Newton > Vick > Stewart. ...

I'm too hungover and angry at my PC's power supply to do a real ranking, but I have McNabb at first and Cam Newton last. Like Jojo said it's a real pity Vick spent the bulk of his career having a coach not interested in using him to fit his talents, while also not being terribly interested in improving himself.
Thanks for posting, Beef. I used to be a mod named Wrigley. The experts see it differently as you can see above. ;)

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Newton's RG3ish ability to run straight into trouble has always irked me.

He didn't run into trouble here..

tenor.gif

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Hey Beef and the rest of you guys. I thought I would get the most educated replies in this forum. Please rank these QB's careers from 1 to 5: Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, Cam Newton

Career:
Donovan > Cam > Mike > Randall > Kordell

Talent:
Mike > Cam > Randall > Donovan > Kordell

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He didn't run into trouble here..

tenor.gif

While i agree this is kind of a bitch move, his body positioning here to go in for that isnt great. He's too close to dive on it (the ball is practically under him already) and if he tries to just pick it up, hes getting absolutely destroyed, either in his head, or someone is blowing out his knee.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
While i agree this is kind of a bitch move, his body positioning here to go in for that isnt great. He's too close to dive on it (the ball is practically under him already) and if he tries to just pick it up, hes getting absolutely destroyed, either in his head, or someone is blowing out his knee.

It's the Super Bowl, you do SOMETHING.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's the Super Bowl, you do SOMETHING.

I'm with you, but he he goes in for that and gets knocked out, the panthers automatically lose the game anyway. I don't remember the context to the play in regards to time left, etc so maybe it was the right play to dive in. But that looks like a death trap to me too. I know I'd have made a play, but I'm also half crazy, too sooo

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
I'm with you, but he he goes in for that and gets knocked out, the panthers automatically lose the game anyway. I don't remember the context to the play in regards to time left, etc so maybe it was the right play to dive in. But that looks like a death trap to me too. I know I'd have made a play, but I'm also half crazy, too sooo

4:16 left in the game, 3rd & 9 on their own 25, down 16 to 10. Denver would go on to score a TD after the fumble (plus 2-point conversion) to make the score 24 to 10 and practically end the game.

I get what you're saying, but it's the Super Bowl, 4 minutes to go, ZERO excuses not to at least try to recover that fumble.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
4:16 left in the game, 3rd & 9 on their own 25, down 16 to 10. Denver would go on to score a TD after the fumble (plus 2-point conversion) to make the score 24 to 10 and practically end the game.

I get what you're saying, but it's the Super Bowl, 4 minutes to go, ZERO excuses not to at least try to recover that fumble.

Then yes, I would wholeheartedly agree with throwing caution to the wind. I'm not sure i'd feel the same way in the first quarter though.

Reactions: Cody Webster

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Dive sooner?

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Randall > McNabb >Newton > Vick > Stewart

If you factor in postseason I'd probably move McNabb up.

Randall has MVP type seasons with no offensive line and no real offensive game planning from his "coordinator"/head coach. Imagine Buddy doesn't dump Cris Carter (I know why he did it) and he has a real offensive coach from 1988-94.

On talent I'd go:

Vick > Randall > Newton > McNabb > Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->