OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft Month (First Round - April 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Is there something wrong with Justin Fields I'm unaware of?

I don't watch college a ton, but I was under the impression as of 3 months ago that he was going Top 3.

Now he's slipping to 10-15 range in favor of dudes like Lance, Mac Jones, and even Zach Wilson.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is there something wrong with Justin Fields I'm unaware of?

I don't watch college a ton, but I was under the impression as of 3 months ago that he was going Top 3.

Now he's slipping to 10-15 range in favor of dudes like Lance, Mac Jones, and even Zach Wilson.

We’ll see. I doubt he slides out of the top ten. But he’s the guy that people certainly love to pick apart this cycle.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So we all know Howie will try to outsmart everyone by picking a 2nd round talent at 12 but for funs sake...

Horn & Smith are there. Who do you take? Those two are the two big twitter Eagles love picks.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It could also be Jaelen Phillips. Someone (Breer?) said he's a top 10 darkhorse. There's absolutely no consensus among this EDGE class. I bet some teams have 5 or 6 different players as EDGE1.

Of course I'm pretty solidly in the trade down again and take a Northwestern Corner camp, so I'm probably pretty alone there. Whatever they do, I just hope it's defensible. For example, Paye is. Rousseau isn't.

Roob said the Eagles might take a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. If there is one position they shouldn't be taking that early....

I don't doubt Roob on this, but how funny would it be if the team that tries to brand itself as analyitcally-oriented uses 2 day 2 picks on RBs in a 3 draft span?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
We’ll see. I doubt he slides out of the top ten. But he’s the guy that people certainly love to pick apart this cycle.
It just seems so odd to me...

QB at a good school. Good skills. Just weird he's getting picked apart so much. He's a complete afterthought for most people it seems.

I'm just fearful for someone it's going to be another scenario where they pick Trubisky over Mahomes just because they like their grit or something silly like that.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
So we all know Howie will try to outsmart everyone by picking a 2nd round talent at 12 but for funs sake...

Horn & Smith are there. Who do you take? Those two are the two big twitter Eagles love picks.

I've decided that I would take Smith and then try to trade back up into the first to get Farley IF he slides into the mid-20s.

Reactions: sa cyred

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A lot of smoke about Bill targeting Fields in a trade up.

It could also be Jaelen Phillips. Someone (Breer?) said he's a top 10 darkhorse. There's absolutely no consensus among this EDGE class. I bet some teams have 5 or 6 different players as EDGE1.

Of course I'm pretty solidly in the trade down again and take a Northwestern Corner camp, so I'm probably pretty alone there. Whatever they do, I just hope it's defensible. For example, Paye is. Rousseau isn't.
I want no parts of being the first team to take an EDGE. These guys all have their selling points but with one major flaw a piece it seems.

I think I'd bet on Oweh figuring it out over everything else but taking a pass rusher in the first without any traditional production is a hard sell. :laugh:

I don't doubt Roob on this, but how funny would it be if the team that tries to brand itself as analyitcally-oriented uses 2 day 2 picks on RBs in a 3 draft span?
And trading up for Donnell Pumphrey because you thought a Division rival was going to take him in the 4th round.

Not a big fan of this RB class in general. Throwing two late round picks at the position is definitely a better strategy than taking one in the top 100.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Harris fell to #37, I might take him, pair him with Sanders and you have a good situation for a young QB.
You can get RBs later, if Sanders was a workhorse I wouldn't consider it, but I see Sanders more as a 1b type RB.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
A lot of smoke about Bill targeting Fields in a trade up.

I want no parts of being the first team to take an EDGE. These guys all have their selling points but with one major flaw a piece it seems.

I think I'd bet on Oweh figuring it out over everything else but taking a pass rusher in the first without any traditional production is a hard sell. :laugh:

And trading up for Donnell Pumphrey because you thought a Division rival was going to take him in the 4th round.

Not a big fan of this RB class in general. Throwing two late round picks at the position is definitely a better strategy than taking one in the top 100.

I’m with you on the EDGEs, but you know teams are going to have boards with one of them as a top 10ish player. The number of snaps these guys have played is absurdly low. Most of them are well below 1k. I don’t trust anyone to identify the best with regularity in a normal class let alone this one.

I just saw a mock where Shaun Wade went 106th. That feels drastic, but I also understand it lol

I’m not sure he even goes that high. It’s a very weird situation. The original question was whether he could stay outside or he was a Slot guy. Now he’s being projected as a Box Safety. Wildly less valuable piece.

There are some very weird DBs like Wade and Adebo who have gone from likely 1sts to hoping for day 2.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If Harris fell to #37, I might take him, pair him with Sanders and you have a good situation for a young QB.
You can get RBs later, if Sanders was a workhorse I wouldn't consider it, but I see Sanders more as a 1b type RB.

I used to have this take when I thought it was just that you can get comparable talents later. Once I saw the numbers of how they basically don’t matter at all except as a receiver, I realized it’s an indictment of your whole approach. Those are very different statements.

Please be clear that I’m saying the RB doesn’t matter, not that the Running game doesn’t. It’s scheme and OL-driven.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
While is PFF, they just stated on their pod Eagles love Sewell. But I guess they didnt love him enough to stay at 6 and take him there. I don't see him dropping

It feels to me like we might have a series of mini-runs in that early first - QBs, and then WRs (including Pitts) or OTs, maybe including or just followed by CBs. Then you have Parsons and Zaven Collins looks like he might be one of the bigger risers.

Reactions: sa cyred

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Adam Caplan on Inside the Birds said Ertz will be gone by end of the draft. See if that happens.

Caplan's reliable and this makes total sense. I think the question left is whether it's for a 2021 or 2022 pick.

This is such a weird draft with the smaller class and comp picks. I wonder if some teams will try to swap out of the later rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad