OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft Month (First Round - April 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yep, that's a big part of it. He was either in Press or Off Zone and trailing. That's just how it is. I love his patience. He's almost up there with Surtain in that aspect to me. I love the way he stays square on in-breaking routes from the outside. But his testing is very concerning.

What happened with Deandre Baker where the hip stiffness and slow change of direction looked like a fatal flaw has scared me off early on all of these guys. I was hoping Campbell would test well in the Shuttle and 3-Cone to give me some hope. Both were absolutely horrendous.

Ew8-B8NW8AQnP0h
Track speed guy... Same reason Mecole failed at DB when he first got to UGA and still hasn't really developed into anything more than a post/screen WR. Someone will take him hoping to fix his hips, but yeah, looking more like a day three project type.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I personally can’t wait for the guy who preaches competitiveness and “no one has a lineup spot secured” to be told by Howie and Jeffy to play a certain player over someone who won the job. The players will certainly love that and there goes the coaches credibility in the room.

The only confirmed report of that happening was in 1998 when Lurie questioned why they were starting a 32 year old TE who was so bad no one claimed him off waivers during a rebuilding year. This is equivalent to playing Lehtera when the Flyers were out of the playoffs!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The only confirmed report of that happening was in 1998 when Lurie questioned why they were starting a 32 year old TE who was so bad no one claimed him off waivers during a rebuilding year. This is equivalent to playing Lehtera when the Flyers were out of the playoffs!
I have multiple bridges to sell you. You can pick any one you'd like. I'll give you a great deal.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have multiple bridges to sell you. You can pick any one you'd like. I'll give you a great deal.

There is a lot of innuendo but very little substantiation.

The biggest problem with Lowie was a lack of trust in Doug's judgement, and that didn't really lead to action until after 2019.
Doug is a good clubhouse HC, but I've never gotten the impression he's the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.
And he didn't seem to have a handle on NFL coaches, or he studiously avoided anyone with whom he'd have to share credit.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Used to watch him as a kid in WCW

Poor guy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he could still be a carrier, and if they haven't been vaccinated, he could be infecting them literally as well as figuratively with his nasty hugs, no?

Depends on the vaccine I suppose. Pfizer apparently cuts down the chances of transmission by a ton.

However, it isn't a guarantee as you said. Still a small chance of it.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Like he's going to come out and say he's telling coaches who needs to play, at that point you'd be forced to sell the team because nobody would want to play here or even coach here, buy if you'd like to believe that, I'd like to have whatever it is you're smoking so I can see pigs fly (without the use of a catapult)

Reactions: WIP CALLER

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Like I said, if these things were happening, former coaches and players would have given details.
People come up with the silliest stuff, like Peters playing over Mailata b/c Lurie loves him.
Mailata was struggling, and Peters out played him his first two games at LT before hurting his toe.
Stoutland knows who is playing well and who is struggling - Mailata needed a time out and came back much stronger.

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
The trade value seems fine, but Brown has to have a ridiculous amount of negotiating leverage now. The surprising part here is no extension.

Just need to look up Laremy Tunsil's and Jalen Ramsey's contracts to figure out whether it's a good idea to trade a ton of draft capital for a player with an expiring contract and no extension in place. Orlando Brown is gonna get PAID next off-season.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Just need to look up Laremy Tunsil's and Jalen Ramsey's contracts to figure out whether it's a good idea to trade a ton of draft capital for a player with an expiring contract and no extension in place. Orlando Brown is gonna get PAID next off-season.
Any chance they are only doing this to try and win another superbowl knowing they won't have money to resign him? I know it's a steep price to only be a rental but do you think that's a possibility?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Any chance they are only doing this to try and win another superbowl knowing they won't have money to resign him? I know it's a steep price to only be a rental but do you think that's a possibility?

Yes. They're probably going to have to reload at some point, but this could be a rental with an option to buy.
They basically gave up a 2nd rd pick in value, and could get a late 3rd as a comp pick.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Are there SPARQ scores anywhere this year? Looks like Three Sigma is not online (for me at least).

As near as I can tell, the equivalents are behind paywalls now. One of the fantasy sites does something called SPORQ. Hayden Winks did Adjusted SPARQ the last two years, but he doesn’t have 2021 on his website, so it’s probably paywalled at whatever site he writes.

RAS is the only decent single number metric available, I think. RASRelative Athletic Scores grade a player's measurements on a 0 to 10 scale compared to their peer group.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
These fools actually did trade up to #3 for Mac Jones

It seems the info on the Top 3 has been pretty solid. Wilson at 2 and Jones at 3.

As for the Eagles...

I no longer have any idea who I even want now. Lots of players I'd be cool with at 12, but I just feel it in my gut we'll either trade back or pick an OL/DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->