Dreger: Philadelphia discussions with Detroit on Petr Mrazek

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Mrazek basically only had one bad season and looked very promising before that and has rebounded lately. Just turned 26 a few days ago.

Seems like a strong bounce back candidate on a new team.

Worth a third round pick for Philly imo. Hope to catch lightning in the playoffs which it looks like they are capable of.

He's also never had a good "full season" since being an NHL regular.

His numbers for 15/16 look great on a stat sheet, but he was an absolute disaster for the last 2 months of that regular season.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Glowing endorsements. ;)

All of us knew Hollands comments toward PM and that he is not in the plans for next year. So do all the GM's. Getting a 3rd for him gives Holland what he wanted, and also makes Hextall "overpay" in what he was willing to pay last week.

It just seems to be the middle ground that works for everyone.

Holland isn't signed for next year.

I'm sick of letting a lame duck GM, the same guy who burdened this team with a bunch of unmovable contracts for 3rd and 3th liners, trade away 25 year olds.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Manning + 3rd for Mrazek

The Flyers can then call up Sanheim who is toying with the AHL. Holland can give Manning an audition to see if he worth signing prior to July 1st when he becomes a UFA.

Reactions: AdamParrot

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Side note....If Philly hypothetically offers a 1st for AA and PM, does Detroit say yes?

AA's not getting traded unless he plays hardball over contract negotiations again (So during the summer) or somebody knocks our socks off with an offer.

I still get a sick feeling that we sell low on Mrazek and he pans out elsewhere. I think both goalies are way better than the numbers represent due to our dog s*** defense.

Reactions: Tripod

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Manning + 4th, so the Flyers can call up Sanheim who is toying with the AHL. Holland can give Manning an audition to see if he worth signing prior to July 1st when he becomes a UFA.

Feel like theyd rather just have a third. Or at least, I would, if i were them.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He said no to a third when he thought he could roll with Neuvirth, now Holland is dealing from a position of strength and the other likely goalie trade candidate is out hurt (Lehner). If he is the third goalie come playoff time (I doubt it), the Flyers dont qualify him and the pick stays a third. Also just because Hextall said no to a third doesnt mean he wouldnt pony up at the deadline for some security. He could've said no because he wanted to see Neuvirth play a few games and see how he looks. He doesnt have that option now. Hes also had a week or two of Mrazek playing pretty good hockey and building his value

With Giroux and Voracek getting older, does he want to risk a year where they actually look pretty solid and could make a run on the back of a third or fourth string goalie? Isnt Stolarz hurt too, so theyll be on thir third and fifth goalies now? We'll see but I doubt Mrazek goes for less than a third and now the price could have gone up
Ron will roll with Lyon if the price isn't right. Mrazek is the best "upside" option, but I'm sure Hex will be fine with other options as well. He'll absolutely punt this season, as that was the plan anyway.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
AA's not getting traded unless he plays hardball over contract negotiations again (So during the summer) or somebody knocks our socks off with an offer.

I still get a sick feeling that we sell low on Mrazek and he pans out elsewhere. I think both goalies are way better than the numbers represent due to our dog s*** defense.
Yea this will be a trade people look back on and laugh at us for in years to come.

Reactions: Tips Fedorov

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ron will roll with Lyon if the price isn't right. Mrazek is the best "upside" option, but I'm sure Hex will be fine with other options as well. He'll absolutely punt this season, as that was the plan anyway.

Hextall owes is to their veteran core to not sabotage their season by not solidifiying the goaltending position.

If he does nothing and just lets Lyon get shelled and they collapse, he should get fired.

Reactions: Tripod

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hextall owes is to their veteran core to not sabotage their season by not solidifiying the goaltending position.

If he does nothing and just lets Lyon get shelled and they collapse, he should get fired.

Ive gotta agree here. Again, no one expects a miracle run, but youve gotta give these guys a chance to succeed, and giving the kids a playoff taste just for experience is more valuable than a 3rd round pick.

To a lesser extent, this would be the equivalent of McPhee selling all his rentals in Vegas this year because 'that was the original plan', despite them exceeding expectations.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Yeah he owes it to them to add an NHL level goalie.

He DOESN'T owe them going all in on a Carey Price, for example.

Reactions: GoneFullHextall
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad