Dreger: Philadelphia discussions with Detroit on Petr Mrazek

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

I really want him in Philly. Low risk, high reward.
Do it, Ron!

Ya i read that the Wings had originally offered him to the Flyers for a 3rd but Hextall turned it down.
Now who knows what the Wings will ask.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
As was stated in the other thread - 3rd + conditional 3rd based on games played or something probably makes the most sense.

If a 2nd is involved from Philly, I'd want Detroit's third back.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
As was stated in the other thread - 3rd + conditional 3rd based on games played or something probably makes the most sense.

If a 2nd is involved from Philly, I'd want Detroit's third back.
That seems fair. The article i read said nothing about a conditional 3rd

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That seems fair. The article i read said nothing about a conditional 3rd

The original offer was a 3rd for mrazek and Hextall said no, but that was before Neuvirth went down. The conditional pick is due to the urgency of the situation and acknowledging that we've probably lost some leverage in that trade now

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Unless it's late picks on a UFA, they may as well keep what they have. Mzarek isn't going to magically take them to the finals. If you don't have a solid goalie going in, you're going to get eaten alive. May as well not lose the assets.

But if they do, and even though I hate Philly, I think they should look at Halak. If there's one goalie who is available that you can bring in that will randomly take you to the finals...it's him.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Unless it's late picks on a UFA, they may as well keep what they have. Mzarek isn't going to magically take them to the finals. If you don't have a solid goalie going in, you're going to get eaten alive. May as well not lose the assets.

But if they do, and even though I hate Philly, I think they should look at Halak. If there's one goalie who is available that you can bring in that will randomly take you to the finals...it's him.
Why would Islanders help their playoff rivals? :D

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I dont think anyone in Philly has any aspirations of making it to the Finals. I think the idea would be to just get people like Provorov, Konecny, Sanheim, and Patrick's feet wet in a playoff series.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The original offer was a 3rd for mrazek and Hextall said no, but that was before Neuvirth went down. The conditional pick is due to the urgency of the situation and acknowledging that we've probably lost some leverage in that trade now
Which again is understandable.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
So I guess we can rule out Philly doing any playoff damage if this deal goes through..

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013

Halak/Elliot combo? What year are we in?

But seriously, he's not a guy I think we could rely on in any capacity. I doubt Islanders would give him up either without upgrading.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
So I guess we can rule out Philly doing any playoff damage if this deal goes through..

Of course. It's truly a one line, one pair team right now outside of the goalie issues.

There still is potential in the sense that Patrick is improving game by game, but the team has too many significant holes [true 2C/3C/3D] to hope for anything but a miracle run.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Mrazek had a good couple playoff runs with Detroit, granted this is before he fell the f*** off.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
No one expected that before the injuries anyway, sooo....
Philly are way into the playoffs and currently in position to play perennial playoff failures Washington. I'd like to think the management team should feel they have a pretty decent chance if someone can provide them solid goaltending. It doesn't matter where they have been 2 months ago.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Philly are way into the playoffs and currently in position to play perennial playoff failures Washington. I'd like to think the management team should feel they have a pretty decent chance if someone can provide them solid goaltending. It doesn't matter where they have been 2 months ago.

The team relies so heavily on Giroux - couturier - konecny and the Ghost Provorov pairing that its sick. That may work in the regular season, but it wont hold up in the playoffs - as we experienced a few years ago when we played the Caps.

We dont currently have the depth to go against the Capitals - or anyone, for that matter. We may be able to play their top line, but thats about it. And we arent going to get a tender who can outduel Holtby in a shootout.

This is a 'hey kids, this is what playoff hockey feels like' year for us.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah no, or at least very few, Flyers fans are looking to add a goalie to go on a playoff run. It's simply to not have to ask Lyon to be a #1 goalie for the next 4-5 weeks. Plus, we still don't know how long Neuvirth is out for. Could be 1-2 games...could be weeks. We should hear today sometime though.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Yeah no, or at least very few, Flyers fans are looking to add a goalie to go on a playoff run. It's simply to not have to ask Lyon to be a #1 goalie for the next 4-5 weeks. Plus, we still don't know how long Neuvirth is out for. Could be 1-2 games...could be weeks. We should hear today sometime though.

We don't know how long he'll be out for this injury. The time table is just the amount of games Lyon starts until he gets another injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->