Dreger: Philadelphia discussions with Detroit on Petr Mrazek

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
PHI thinks DET is desperate to move Mrazek, when his contract is expiring after this year and PHI is the team with its top two goalies injured.
:huh:
I said desperate for our bottom 4. That means defense. Either way, yes DET is the one not in a good position. There are a lot of cheap backup types around. Exampled by Vegas not taking a lot of them and flipping them like many thought they could.

Id pay for DET to take MacDonald but there is no point. We will have cap room. It’s would just be for hextall to take a guy away from hakstol. Manning however makes more sense to trade for a 4th or 5th.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I’m not discussing the trade value aspect, just the bust talk. If you’ve been watching prospects for decades you should know better than to label one a bust based on 3/4s of his rookie season coming off of surgery. I don’t want to proclaim i know how good he will or won’t turn out, but come on man.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Back on Topic - with Flyers PR saying that theres no update on Neuvy - are we all reading between the lines that Hextall is just trying not to show his hand at this point?

That seems most likely.

Something will break here soon.

Mrazek, Pickard, or C. Johnson likely.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That seems most likely.

Something will break here soon.

Yeah, i dont know how much it really helps, im pretty sure everyone else can see through the "we dont have an update yet either", but id imagine if it wasnt anything thats going to require a trade of some sort, they'd have just said it.

Stuill think Mrazek is probably the best option thats known to be available, depending on price, of course.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, i dont know how much it really helps, im pretty sure everyone else can see through the "we dont have an update yet either", but id imagine if it wasnt anything thats going to require a trade of some sort, they'd have just said it.

Stuill think Mrazek is probably the best option thats known to be available, depending on price, of course.

Mrazek is the best option because we really need to move on from Neuvirth (injuries) so he can be a part of next seasons equation as well. Tandem with Elliott until Hart is ready.

Reactions: TheKingPin

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Mrazek is the best option because we really need to move on from Neuvirth (injuries) so he can be a part of next seasons equation as well.

What are your feelings about possibly acquiring Raanta from Arizona? I've heard his name tossed around as a possible target for us by the media.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Mrazek is the best option because we really need to move on from Neuvirth (injuries) so he can be a part of next seasons equation as well.

Im not sure Mrazek would be a part of next year either, though. Its certainly possible, but it'd have to be outside of his QO. Im not interested in Mrazek at 4.5 or whatever it would end up being, unless he comes in and leads us to like the second round.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Im not convinced Arizona is going to let Raanta go. They paid a fairly hefty price to acquire him. Hard to fully gauge how they feel about him after the abomination of a season the team has had though.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Im not sure Mrazek would be a part of next year either, though. Its certainly possible, but it'd have to be outside of his QO. Im not interested in Mrazek at 4.5 or whatever it would end up being, unless he comes in and leads us to like the second round.
I bet you he wins you a round. Possibly 2

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I bet you he wins you a round. Possibly 2

I dont think thats possible. The Flyers arent really a deep enough team to win more than a round. Mrazek would have to literally stand on his head, and at that point, he's gone in FA for a higher price than we can afford anyway.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Basically single handedly beat Tampa who imo was the best team the year. Philly has enough offense to go a round or 2

Reactions: Rebels57

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
so no other player is allowed to be discussed in threads??? well that is good to know...I guess no other team can chime in and say "hey, I might have a player you might be interested in as well"

but hey, I always have 2010, so thanks!
Whats so special about the 2010 cup? Better than the 1989 cup or the 1945 cup?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Basically single handedly beat Tampa who imo was the best team the year. Philly has enough offense to go a round or 2

Problem is we are looking at facing either Pittsburgh or Washington in Round 1 in all likelihood. Doubt they get past either with their lack of depth on D. Upsets do happen though so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->