Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Kevin Hayes signs (7 Years, $7.14M AAV) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Bobrovsky, Zuccarello, Nyquist, Simmer (only 1 year deal, but still), Pavelski, Tanev
You're comparing apples and oranges with the bolded.

Bobrovsky is god awful, I agree

Zuccarello's term is a year or two long, but he is a much better player than Hayes

Tanev is awful. You don't give a bottom six player six years lmao

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
You're comparing apples and oranges with the bolded.

Bobrovsky is god awful, I agree

Zuccarello's term is a year or two long, but he is a much better player than Hayes

Tanev is awful. You don't give a bottom six player six years lmao

Other than Simmer, how can you say that? Because they're 4 years and under?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Good news HF! Hayes looks very good and fits the team very well. I know many of you were sending thoughts and prayers, worried about the financial commitment.

I see him scoring over 50 pts this year at least.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I like Zucc a little more than Hayes but I don't know how anyone can say he's a much better player. Zuccarello's career high is 61 points and Hayes just had 55 points in 71 games last season. Of course Zucc is more proven but he's also 5 years older and leaving his prime while Hayes is just entering his so that's not surprising. Would I rather have a 55ish point Center signed from 27 to 33 years old or a 60ish point winger signed from 32 to 36 years old? I'll go with the younger center every time.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Good news HF! Hayes looks very good and fits the team very well. I know many of you were sending thoughts and prayers, worried about the financial commitment.

Pre season is useless.

Reactions: kevrondl

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019

he would need to have a career high in points by a significant margin in order for his contract to not look like crap

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

he looks good in the preseason of the first year of a 7 year deal, looks like it's time to spike the football on all those haters

Nov 24, 2006

A couple of games into the first pre-season of a 7 year contract seems like an odd time to do this. But congrats!

Reactions: flyersNducks

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I like Zucc a little more than Hayes but I don't know how anyone can say he's a much better player. Zuccarello's career high is 61 points and Hayes just had 55 points in 71 games last season. Of course Zucc is more proven but he's also 5 years older and leaving his prime while Hayes is just entering his so that's not surprising. Would I rather have a 55ish point Center signed from 27 to 33 years old or a 60ish point winger signed from 32 to 36 years old? I'll go with the younger center every time.
For the record, forwards historically peak in their early 20's, so he isn't really "just entering his prime".

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

I think Hayes is a solid player.

That being said, trying to justify 7m for ~50pts is not gonna work, sorry man.

Reactions: Snowman

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017

He makes more money than Brayden Point.

Good news, indeed.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I like D, size and speed. I still feel like he is overpaid.. we will see how it goes. So far not bad at all.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hayes gets paid more than Brayden Point. Let that sink in.

He makes more money than Brayden Point.

Good news, indeed.

Man, I disliked the Hayes contract the moment was signed, but the level of ignorance needed to state this as if its some sort of apples to apples comparison is downright scary.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I'm sorry, weren't you the mook that said Point was worth 10M x 6?
Yup. And he didn't sign a six year deal. He signed a three year deal with a 9 million dollar qualifying offer. Good for him. He'll get 13 from Tampa to even It out at that point.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think he’ll easily hit 50 points with a mix of JVR, Voracek and Konecny on his wings. It should be a decent deal for a couple of years but it will probably get stinky mid contract. He doesn’t strike me as a player that will age well.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It was inevitable, but the Point comparisons are hilarious. Anyway, good luck choking again.

he would need to have a career high in points by a significant margin in order for his contract to not look like crap

I know many feel that way and I get it. It’s not like his points will equal salary. But he also does a lot more than that and brings a very strong game overall. Not to mention supply of top 6 centers is pretty low. We could have got Kadri but it would have cost Ghost. Not sure many other available now at all.

he looks good in the preseason of the first year of a 7 year deal, looks like it's time to spike the football on all those haters

I was spiking that ball as soon as there were haters hating. This is just a reminder. I’m thinking he will put up points starting pretty early.

I think Hayes is a solid player.

That being said, trying to justify 7m for ~50pts is not gonna work, sorry man.

It’s a lot but he’s worth more than just the points. I think he will have a good year overall. Cout -Hayes - Patrick - Laughton is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille