Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Carter Hart signs extension with the Flyers (3 years, $3.979M AAV)

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Uhhh I get paying for upside but, how do you give 4m to a guy coming off a .877? He looked good his first two years but it doesn't seem like he would have the leverage to pull 4m after last seasons performance.
need to spend a coupla bucks on a decent defensive dman to help him out

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
...Philly's ridiculously terrible D doesn't get enough "credit" for Hart's season last year; they were truly awful in their own zone...unfortunately, I can't see Ellis or Ristolainen helping with the defensive aspects much, so Hart better be dialed in to see a ton of rubber again this season...poor kid...

Even taking into account Philly's defense he was awful last year.

upload_2021-8-9_14-15-44.png

I don't think he's one of the worst goalies in the league, just had one of the worst seasons. He'll probably bounce back to a solid young NHL goalie.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Carter had a bad year, but you have to extend him.
You try playing behind that defense and not losing your mojo as a young kid.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Provorov - Ellis is a weak top pair.
Ristolainen does not belong in a competitive NHL team's top 4.
Yandle does not belong in an NHL team's lineup.
Provorov and Ellis is a top 10 pair in the league, for sure top 15

Ristolainen never played on a competitive team and has always been used as a #1 playing 26 minutes a game, how exactly do you know this? I'm very confident he will thrive in a lesser role in the 2nd pairing.

Horrible take

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Last season hurt him by $2m I'd say.
If Hart put together a relatively pedestrian .910 SV% season he would have been getting locked up at $6m per for 6+ years for his performance at his age.
His pedigree is crazy.
John Gibson put up 3 seasons of .920+ SV% and then he signed a contract with 6.4mil aav in the pre-flat cap era.
Carter Hart getting 6mil per year for a .910 SV% would be massive overpay in the flat cap world.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
H
John Gibson put up 3 seasons of .920+ SV% and then he signed a contract with 6.4mil aav in the pre-flat cap era.
Carter Hart getting 6mil per year for a .910 SV% would be massive overpay in the flat cap world.
The cap will be increasing by $1m per season as per reports.
Gibson was also much older when he signed that contract - Carter Hart was doing amazing things in the NHL when Gibson was riding the bus at a similar age, plus Hart's final year in junior was one of the greatest all-time.
$4M is one of the cheapest prices for a starter in the NHL. All of Philly's goalies did poorly last year. Hart is insanely talented.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
H

The cap will be increasing by $1m per season as per reports.
Gibson was also much older when he signed that contract - Carter Hart was doing amazing things in the NHL when Gibson was riding the bus at a similar age, plus Hart's final year in junior was one of the greatest all-time.
$4M is one of the cheapest prices for a starter in the NHL. All of Philly's goalies did poorly last year. Hart is insanely talented.
That might be a stretch but your logic is right . Flyers had to sign him . Too young to let go and not good enough to trade. You'd have to think the flyers have a better D corp than pitt now and goaltending should be a wash, only one Pennsylvania team makes it..who will it be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad