Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Carter Hart signs extension with the Flyers (3 years, $3.979M AAV)

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
Pasta should easily get Panarin money $11M+
He won't get 11M+. I think he'll get around 9.5M-10M as remember him saying he doesn't care all that much about money. His last contract was 6 x 6.66M so I think 8 X 8.88M will be something they'll talk about, doesn't mean it'll happen but I think there's a chance. We'll see.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Hart didn't look great last season but neither did the Flyers. A three year deal at less than $4 million per year for a prime bounce-back candidate with a ton of potential isn't a bad deal at all. Most goalies aren't even in the league at 22!

Reactions: SanBlom

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
All makes sense Flyers fans. Once you see Jones [glove hand] in the pipes a few times you’ll wonder why you didn’t pay Hart even more.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Uhhh I get paying for upside but, how do you give 4m to a guy coming off a .877? He looked good his first two years but it doesn't seem like he would have the leverage to pull 4m after last seasons performance.
deja vu to the Koskinen signing that got Chiarelli fired.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
All makes sense Flyers fans. Once you see Jones [glove hand] in the pipes a few times you’ll wonder why you didn’t pay Hart even more.
I mean... they could have just signed literally anyone else.

He gets 2 million even if he does a bad job. Very Santa Claus:

i-think-you-should-leave-detective-crashmore.jpg

Reactions: kennymoney

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I've heard of a "show me" contract. This is a "show me your GM is an idiot" contract. Hart just posted the lowest save% for a starter I have seen since early 90s. If he doesn't come out guns blazing and prove last season was an anomaly in thefirst half, that GM just pissed away his job. Big risk, Not alot of reward.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Carter Hart isn't just bad, he was statistically the absolute worst goalie in the entire league last year and by a large margin.

How that gets someone a $4mil/yr contract is beyond me but surely the Flyers know what they are doing with all of their recent success and Stanley Cups.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
He won't get 11M+. I think he'll get around 9.5M-10M as remember him saying he doesn't care all that much about money. His last contract was 6 x 6.66M so I think 8 X 8.88M will be something they'll talk about, doesn't mean it'll happen but I think there's a chance. We'll see.

I won't pretend to know what he'll do on his next contract, but players say a lot of things. David "I would play hockey for a sack of potatoes" Pastrnak also held out into training camp and had his agent floating rumours about KHL offers, for his current deal.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Last season hurt him by $2m I'd say.
If Hart put together a relatively pedestrian .910 SV% season he would have been getting locked up at $6m per for 6+ years for his performance at his age.
His pedigree is crazy.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I mean... they could have just signed literally anyone else.

He gets 2 million even if he does a bad job. Very Santa Claus:
Why would they want to sign a guaranteed garbage backup goalie over a young phenom goalie who has had 2 solid seasons and 1 bad by the AGE OF 22 (it's very rare any goalie plays 100 games before they are 22)

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Philly's ridiculously terrible D doesn't get enough "credit" for Hart's season last year; they were truly awful in their own zone...unfortunately, I can't see Ellis or Ristolainen helping with the defensive aspects much, so Hart better be dialed in to see a ton of rubber again this season...poor kid...

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
A lot hating on it didn't watch much of the Flyers. Worst defensive team in the league. Hart wasn't good, but the amount of times an opponent scored from within 5 feet of a Philly goalie uncovered makes you really wonder how AV still has a job.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
A lot hating on it didn't watch much of the Flyers. Worst defensive team in the league. Hart wasn't good, but the amount of times an opponent scored from within 5 feet of a Philly goalie uncovered makes you really wonder how AV still has a job.
Weird how NHL backup/journeyman Brian Elliot could put up a significantly better sv% AND a winning record behind the very same defense though!

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I think the vote of confidence that is inherent in this contract will be good for hart's game

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
Flyers will be interesting to watch this year, could be good or could be an expensive tire fire. Given who their GM is I’m not confident it’ll work. AV isn’t all that stable either. I think I better stock up on popcorn.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad