Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Carter Hart signs extension with the Flyers (3 years, $3.979M AAV)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It could become an absolute steal if his confidence comes back to him. Great goalie who is going through a rough patch right now. Definitely worth the risk for the Flyers.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Nothing wrong with this. He can still be a franchise goalie. He's young and goalies take time to develop.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Reasonable prove it deal for a young goalie who has shown plenty of volatility in his performance.

It is apparent that the Flyers think their issues were more blueline related than anything concerning long-term with Hart. I think that makes sense. They’ve now totally revamped the defensive corp so this season could be telling. That said, if the Flyers continue to give up bushels of goals, the next heads to roll are AV and the staff so Hart still has time on his side.

Reactions: Conbon

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What a weird signing. He's not worth nearly that much but i guess Philly wanted that 3rd year which drew the price up.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Very obvious signing IMO... he's their future guy. It'll be a huge 3 years for him though to prove himself again after last season.

I have no issues what so ever with the contract. I realize people can very easily argue that Flyers overpaid, but there is a VERY good chance this contract will be a steal almost right away

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Huh, I guess they are betting on last season being an anomaly and betting on these 3 seasons being more like his first two.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
RFA or UFA at the end?
If it's UFA this is yet another baffling deal on Fletcher's part.
Best case scenario he bounces back and becomes underpaid and then walks in UFA after finally solving the Flyers decade+ goaltending woes. Most likely scenario he is overpaid for the entire length of that contract.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Kid is 22, most goalies that age are in the development leagues.

Don't get me wrong I want to Flyers' goalie curse to keep going but this kid has what it takes to break it

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
This is risky with all the D moves they made this off season. Ristolainen and Yandle are question marks, putting it mildly.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
RFA or UFA at the end?
If it's UFA this is yet another baffling deal on Fletcher's part.
Best case scenario he bounces back and becomes underpaid and then walks in UFA after finally solving the Flyers decade+ goaltending woes. Most likely scenario he is overpaid for the entire length of that contract.
He'll be an RFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad