Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Carter Hart signs extension with the Flyers (3 years, $3.979M AAV)

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Not an excuse at all. If Carter had certain routines or parts of his lifestyle that were affected by the lockdowns, that's legit. It's been very hard on most people, especially mentally.

I basically developed the yips and forgot how to do a job I was once quite good at, and I'm not 22 or whatever Hart is, so I sympathize with the kid entirely-he's a super earnest and caring guy and the world was weird for a lot of folks. Though with a goalie, you just hope he can wipe the slate clean and not let it wrinkle his play longterm. I believe he can and has every reason to become an absolutely excellent NHL goalie, but I'm a Flyers fan so...

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I'm not here to make excuses but, we are talking about a human being and not a robot. And, he's just 22. But apparently he had a very difficult year last year socially - the lock downs, he was no longer working with his longtime sports psychologist, and I have heard rumors from people who know people, apparently he is not well liked in the locker room.

Taking these things into account, even if only half of it is true, I could understand the troubles. Life can get difficult sometimes and I could see last year being a real emotional struggle for many people, particularly in his age group, if you're lacking in a strong support system.

Either way, I believe last year will be a bump in the road and this contract will end up being the right value.

From a Flyers trainer I've known 20 years who's named rhymes with gym mackflossing, this is the opposite of the truth

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Carter Hart really was the worst goalie in the league last year. That to say, I don't mind this deal for Philly because he only go up from here. This isn't an over the hill situation like say Braden Holtby.
He really wasn't even close to the worst goalie in the league if you watch the games.

Worst statistically, sure. The Flyers team defense would have made Hasek look average last year.

Reactions: phil162888

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes