Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Carter Hart signs extension with the Flyers (3 years, $3.979M AAV)

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Not really. If he plays like he did last season, are they really going to trot him out there for 2 more years?
Yes really. What if last year was an anomaly? Now the Flyers have Hart locked in for 2 more years at a bargain. Hart to me has had his absolute high and an absolute low. Assuming he plays somewhere in the middle between those two then the 3.979m deal is a bargain .

Reactions: Kaner9

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
I love how many people are counting out a kid who broke records in his first two seasons then had a slump it’s hilarious, in that case Jack Hughes, lafreniere, kakko+++ are all going to be busts into that logic hart already proved that he can play at a elite level one season doesn’t mean anything compared to the rest of his career
2 career shutouts…..

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I like this deal. Money isn't that high and if he rebounds at all and given his age that would be a normal expectation then its a near steal for Philly.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
That might be a stretch but your logic is right . Flyers had to sign him . Too young to let go and not good enough to trade. You'd have to think the flyers have a better D corp than pitt now and goaltending should be a wash, only one Pennsylvania team makes it..who will it be
Consider as well that the offer sheet value at $4.1m the offersheet compensation is only a 2nd round pick.
My guess is that another team would have easily offered $4m to Hart.
In fact he may have had an offer sheet on the table and brought it to the Flyers to match, without going through the whole process of actually signing it.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Big risk on both sides. Deal reflects it.

If Hart shits the bed, at least he's set for life.
If Hart becomes a top 10 goalie again, Flyers got a deal.
True enough, little high but if he plays like he did in the first two years then it could end up being a good deal for the Flyers. Well have to wait and see, for Hart it gives him 3 years to prove himself that he deserves a bigger contract.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Consider as well that the offer sheet value at $4.1m the offersheet compensation is only a 2nd round pick.
My guess is that another team would have easily offered $4m to Hart.
In fact he may have had an offer sheet on the table and brought it to the Flyers to match, without going through the whole process of actually signing it.
Dont think that had much to do with it . He likeynwould not have signed it or played that hand at 22 after a dreadful season. Really nothing to bark about here. They chose him as their goalie and taking a gamble he will find his game again.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He's 22 years old and has excelled at the NHL level. Sure, he sucked last year but most goalies haven't even debuted at this stage.

Everyone shit the bed last year. Fresh slate this year.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Not sure why everyone's hating on this deal.

I think it's pretty fair, sure he shit the bed last year but he's a young guy and I can't see him not bouncing back from last season.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
"One bad year" is such a big LOL. ~.900 is a bad year, under .900 you shouldn't be in the NHL, <.890 is embarrassing and should only happen on a team that is tanking, <.880 is INCREDIBLY bad for a "starting goalie" on a team that should be fighting for playoffs. Sorry that's just facts.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
"One bad year" is such a big LOL. ~.900 is a bad year, under .900 you shouldn't be in the NHL, <.890 is embarrassing and should only happen on a team that is tanking, <.880 is INCREDIBLY bad for a "starting goalie" on a team that should be fighting for playoffs. Sorry that's just facts.
actually this seems to be purely your opinion. if your rant was about his career stats, you might have a stronger point.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Overpaid relative to others at similar junctures in their career, but not for what he can potentially bring during the contract. I can't really complain.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
He's 22 years old and has excelled at the NHL level. Sure, he sucked last year but most goalies haven't even debuted at this stage.

Everyone shit the bed last year. Fresh slate this year.

Pretty much this. No doubt Hart was awful last season, once the regular season returns back to normal I am sure he will be much better. Also, last year AV seemed unprepared along with the defense and it was a disaster.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Carter Hart isn't just bad, he was statistically the absolute worst goalie in the entire league last year and by a large margin.

How that gets someone a $4mil/yr contract is beyond me but surely the Flyers know what they are doing with all of their recent success and Stanley Cups.
Name checks out

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes