PGT - Pens/Ducks - From Dupuis to Beau to Adams (Sid, This is Your Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Apparently the key to this team winning is me being dragged out of the house to run an errand in the middle of the game and not coming back until it is over. Worked when they played Boston and now Anaheim...

From the parts I did watch:

+ MAF. He was the reason why the team won today.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
DB did blame BB for it.

Moments before the goal BB tried to chip the puck off the boards in the NZ to Crosby, but it was pinched off. Then the play went the other way... Goal. BB didn't see any more time on the top unit after that.

Its sad. I dont see how anyone can defend the guy anymore. DB isnt going to change.

Penguinzilla*

+ McGuire's brilliance. "Crosby lifted his skate in the air to block that puck. Is there any other player in the world that can do that, Doc?"
+ Malkin. Fired up!
+ Fluery

- Jokinen is not good
- Bennett - For having talent and existing. He needs to tone it down, do some more grinding, and be a little more worthless. Only then can he stay on the top line.
- Dupuis. Worthless on any line, any position.
- Gibbons for playing too well and earning himself a trip the AHL
- Bylsma sucks

H382

Oct 20, 2006
Meh. You guys ***** all you want about beating a Top 3 team in the league while not playing our best hockey all you want, I'll enjoy it and go to bed. Were the lines perfect? No. Should BB have had more time with 87, yeah. He's not playing SO well that it's a crime that he's not getting more time. He's doing okay. Not great. I hope he gets more time to jell with Sid.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
The reason MAF "flopped" was because Getz had time to pull the puck back to MAF's left instead of onetiming it and he was trying to follow him.

Seriously people go out of their way to **** on MAF. He won us the ****ing game people.

A. I am one of his biggest supporters, even in my comment

B. You obviously have never played an instant in goal so maybe don't try to find a way to chew someones head off...nobody should ever end up where he did in the position he did. That's all. No question he won the game

turd

Feb 1, 2013
IMO, Malkin has been playing better than Sid recently. Of course, the goals haven't been there, but he's playing pretty good hockey as of late. Sid just hasn't had 'it' in a while. A far cry from where he was earlier in the season.

It's early, though, they'll both be fine.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Missed the 3rd because my cable ****ed up and only saw the highlights.. if Bennett was benched because he didn't pick up the man in front on Anaheim's goal, that's a bad call. That wasn't his man and him coming down low would be the right play but only because someone else left the guy open.

Thought he looked good in the first two on Sid's wing and hope we see it again but I doubt it. If a line doesn't gel in 2 periods it probably never will.

Malkin112*

Looks like Määttä honeymoon is over. I thought this was his best game this year

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
RRP, I love ya man, but you are trying too hard. You said we are cycling to the net? That's laughable at best. We cycle and rotate high to the WEAK SIDE POINT. It's like that every game. That generates a whole bunch of nothing.

This team, ceteris paribus, has zero chance of winning the championship. No miracle trade is going to make it better. Your smartest coach has this team playing the dumbest hockey i've ever seen. Blame the palyers. Blame Shero. I don't give a ****. This is GARBAGE hockey.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Just got back from the game...

+ Fleury
+ Malkin in the 3rd period (Someone must have ripped him a new ******* in between the 2nd/3rd)
+ Pens 4th line (Their best line the 1st two periods at generating pressure)
+ Maatta (Thought he was our best Dman tonight)
+ Gibbons (Great first game. )

- Bylsma (Are you ****ing kidding me? Craig Adams now Crosby's wing? **** off.)
- Malkin (First two periods he flat out refused to shoot the puck, even in great shooting position)
- Team grit factor: Outside of Glass, Vitale, and Orpik, our team was mega soff tonight.
- Adams (I'm sure you are a nice guy but please refuse to play on 87's line for our sake)

-- Shero (If you are fine with watching 87 play with Adams, you can go **** off also. You should waive or trade Adams just for Bylsma pulling this **** to send him the Billy Beane message from Moneyball).

malkshake

Jan 12, 2012
Vancouver
++Fleury
+Malkin
+Gibbons

Was a well played game by the Pens and they really came hard at the Ducks in the 3rd. Malkin is so close to breaking out you can feel it. What simply can't be ignored out of this game was the reuniting of Kunitz-Malkin-Neal. That was a thing of beauty when they were out there and the Ducks just did not know what to do. This was what the line was like 80% of the time in 11-12. IMO the Pens were ignited by that shift, most notably Malkin. This line needs to remain and Shero needs to get Sid a winger NOW. He fails as a GM if he does not IMO.

The question is who does Ray Shero target? Gaborik? Not a far move for him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Jesus, Bylsma can't even help himself. It's like a sickness that is completely against his control. I just knew the Bennett experiment on Crosby's line wouldn't last. Just knew it. Which was exactly why I didn't bother to get excited about it.

Next game, KCD returns. :rant:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
JW our fourth line would be even better if DB stopped ****ing putting them out against opponent's first. :laugh: A 4th vs 4th should favor us.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
A. I am one of his biggest supporters, even in my comment

B. You obviously have never played an instant in goal so maybe don't try to find a way to chew someones head off...nobody should ever end up where he did in the position he did. That's all. No question he won the game

I was a two sport goalie, played at the collegiate level and coach at the collegiate level, but yeah I don't know what I'm talking about.

He went hard to his right to where the pass went, and tried to get back to his left to follow the puck and lost his balance. You make it sound like he saw the pass and fell over.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Jesus, Bylsma can't even help himself. It's like a sickness that is completely against his control. I just knew the Bennett experiment on Crosby's line wouldn't last. Just knew it. Which was exactly why I didn't bother to get excited about it.

Next game, KCD returns. :rant:

If that was the case, then Dupuis would have been the one back on Sid's line while Beau was in time out.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
JW our fourth line would be even better if DB stopped ****ing putting them out against opponent's first. :laugh: A 4th vs 4th should favor us.

I'm glad that Madden is finally saying this publicly now. Seems he's finally calling out Bylsma for what we've been saying for a while.

Bylsma doesn't believe in matchups.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Caught one shift where he made a late change before a faceoff, made sure the Orpik/Martin duo was on defense (check), made sure Sutter was on (check), and made sure Glass and Adams were on (wtf?).

Among DB's line decisions, his insistence on using Glass and Adams as part of the shutdown line against the other team's top line is ... well, it's something that would require me to use a word or phrase that would get me infracted.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
What I hated was when he loaded up w/ Sid and Geno they put Engo/Nisky out there and they killed at least two of those shifts because they can't make a pass.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
+ MAF

- Everyone else

Game would of been out of reach before the Pens even got a shot on goal if it wasn't for MAF, and have to think if the Ducks had Hiller in net then we would of lost 1 - 0. It's a game we didn't deserve to win, but whatever.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
+ Fleury. He was the reason why we won.
+ Geno/Sid. Both looked good.
+ Gibbons. Good first game.
+ Sutter.

- Bylsma.
- The PP.
- Adams with Kunitz and Sid.
- Dupuis.

Status