PGT - Pens/Ducks - From Dupuis to Beau to Adams (Sid, This is Your Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
hard to get too excited about this win. it would be best for this teams championship hopes if they were to lose games like this, so hcdb eventually is canned.

the more this team wins, even when its despite the coaching of bylsma, the more likely he is to stay as head coach. and everyone knows this team will lose soundly to the first decent team they meet in the playoffs.

for these games, my ideal scenario is have the young guys contribute, sid/malkin rack up points, but the team lose.

honestly i look at hoping for losses now just like we hoped for losses to get higher draft picks back in the day-- lose now for long-term gain.

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
One have to wonder where Bylsma's obsession that Adams is a good defensive player comes from? Can anyone answer that? Anyone? :help:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
on a side note did anyone catch the 105.9 radio feed between the 1&2 periods? the interview w the anahiem journalist about lovejoy?... wow if you play a young guy more he develops faster, whod have thunk....

:laugh: Most of the folks here wanted no part of Lovejoy after his brief appearance in the Philly series.

Nice win against a really good team. Fleury rebounded nicely from a so-so at best performance.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
hard to get too excited about this win. it would be best for this teams championship hopes if they were to lose games like this, so hcdb eventually is canned.

the more this team wins, even when its despite the coaching of bylsma, the more likely he is to stay as head coach. and everyone knows this team will lose soundly to the first decent team they meet in the playoffs.

for these games, my ideal scenario is have the young guys contribute, sid/malkin rack up points, but the team lose.

honestly i look at hoping for losses now just like we hoped for losses to get higher draft picks back in the day-- lose now for long-term gain.

you are a horrible "fan"

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
MAF, Sid and Geno won this game, despite DB Bylsmaing the lines.

Love to see Gib and Olli picking up points. I'm pretty sure DB gets pissed when rookies score because it makes it harder to justify benching them. He'll still bench them, but it'll be harder to justify.

Well, it has been the formula in the past . . . ;)

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I wonder if all the people calling us overly negative and pessimistic before the game will check in and join our ranks.

Bennett 11:54
Glass 11:09
Adams 13:11

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+++ Fleury. The reason the Pens won this game.
+ Malkin. He's alive!
+ Crosby.

- Bylsma. Is he Pejorative Slured? That interview when he said that we are scoring goals that just aren't going in the net or something like that :laugh::laugh::laugh:

+ Bylsma found Crosby his winger :sarcasm:

Somebody MUST link this interview or provide an exact quote.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
+Sutter solid, nice goal, and strong on the dot
+Malkin playing better and actually taking shots in the 3rd
+Sid had his best game in a while
+Gibbons

and a 1/2 + for Engo, for not looking as much like a pilon

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
I wonder if all the people calling us overly negative and pessimistic before the game will check in and join our ranks.

Well, there were a ton of a pk's tonight, right, right?

No player for either team had less shifts than Bennett.

I forgot the biggest +, Sutter scored the first goal I can remember for him that was not a wrister off the rush. Congrats, you'll score a greasy goal yet.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

You know, we did win. And outside of a cruddy 1st, we did a pretty damn good job cycling and going to the net against one of the biggest, baddest teams in the West.

I realize we all have our line-up issues, but the team dialed in and played well tonight, and earned a well-deserved win against a quality opponent. It'd be nice if we could appreciate that for 5 seconds.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
-We had way too many breakdowns, if it wasn't for Flower we would have lost

+ props to Gibbons for that goal. Sit all our forwards that are not named Sidney and make them watch what Gibbons did on that play. Watch how he followed Malkin, watch how he got in space and in position to score and how he picked the corner.

= Sid and Geno still meh, Sid was better of two, Geno should stop those one on one stick acrobatics no one is afraid anymore, they pokecheck right away. Stick with power game.

+ for Bylsma giving every possible fan out there satisfaction to see his/her favorite line combination. and making me to try to brush off my math knowledge to calculate how many combinations of lines can be in permutation of 9!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think this is the problem. I'll admit that JMN has failed to impress, I just wanted to see it. The problem is that Dupuis is a big ball of suck, his sucky self just fit a need reasonably well but the suck was still there. I think Malkin was better but still not near full Malkin.

Can't we just give Adams to Bylsma as some type of pet? "Here, Dan. Your very own self insert, you take good care of him now, wouldn't want him to get damaged."

Malkin hasn't challenged or attacked in the middle of the ice like he did in the last 22 minutes of the game in all his other ice time this season combined.

Think what you may, that shift of KMN lit a fire under his ***, big time.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You know, we did win. And outside of a cruddy 1st, we did a pretty damn good job cycling and going to the net against one of the biggest, baddest teams in the West.

I realize we all have our line-up issues, but the team dialed in and played well tonight, and earned a well-deserved win against a quality opponent. It'd be nice if we could appreciate that for 5 seconds.

Your 5 seconds expired in the time it took me to write this reply. :p:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
+Gibbons

+Kunitz--Kunitz had his best game of the season

+Flower

+Great to see Neal Malkin and Kunitz, even if it was just for one shift

~Malkin--great late, bad early

-Bennett--way to make the best of your opportunity. You've been in the NHL for more than long enough to know those stationary BCHL dekes are turnovers here. Oh yeah, and a slow telegraphed backhand move on a gift of a breakaway doesn't work either.

-Orpik

-Sutter--Don't care how many goals he scores, Jan Hrdina didn't lose this many battles for positioning and he wasn't even billed as a checking line defensive forward

Sid looked better with Adams than he did with Dupuis, so it's probably time to experiment a little. But not with Bennett, with whom the line actually got worse. That combination struck me as putting orange juice in the gas tank of a car you own and worked about as well in practice (though I'm sure the "put Tangradi on the first line brigade" is likely to flame me for saying something they don't want to hear, even if it was obvious).

Gibbons has a second game like he just did and I might give him a look. Guy's fast, quick, no hesitation in his game, digs for pucks, always ready for a pass, doesn't waste any time putting it on net.

Natural fit if he's good enough, though I have no idea if he is or if this was just adrenaline. College numbers suggest it could have been either and I haven't seen a wilkes-barre game this season.

Fire Shero*

+not making a backup goalie look great
+Not too many Kennedy shots
+Geno, he still needs to find a way to score

Congrats to gibbons on the goal and assist. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
+ Fleury
+ Gibbons scoring
+ Crosby/Malkin both looking good tonight

On the Adams thing, it pissed me off a lot. But like RRP, I don't think that means Beau is going to be off the line for good.

Beau was being 'punished' for the goal against. But despite all of Dan's shortcomings, I don't think he actually believes Craig Adams is a first liner. The fact that Dupuis wasn't put back there shows that right now Dan doesn't have the intention of putting KCD together right away. The fact that it was Adams there and not Dupuis or Jokinen tells me that the line change was only temporary. I guess we'll find out at practice tomorrow.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Well, there were a ton of a pk's tonight, right, right?

No player for either team had less shifts than Bennett.

I forgot the biggest +, Sutter scored the first goal I can remember for him that was not a wrister off the rush. Congrats, you'll score a greasy goal yet.
:D Yeah, I should have done even strength toi.

Bennett 10:47
Glass 10:23
Adams 12:06

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
-Bennett--way to make the best of your opportunity. You've been in the NHL for more than long enough to know those stationary BCHL dekes are turnovers here. Oh yeah, and a slow telegraphed backhand move on a gift of a breakaway doesn't work either.

Sid looked better with Adams than he did with Dupuis, so it's probably time to experiment a little. But not with Bennett, with whom the line actually got worse. That combination struck me as putting orange juice in the gas tank of a car you own and worked about as well in practice (though I'm sure the "put Tangradi on the first line brigade" is likely to flame me for saying something they don't want to hear, even if it was obvious).

:laugh:

I think this is a case of you seeing what you want to see. There is so much wrong here.

Bennett and Sid looked really good in the first.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
++ Fleury
+ Maatta, Letang and Martin
+ Crosby, Crosby-Bennett, KCB :cry:
+ Malkin
+ Sutter-Jokinen
+ Gibbons
+ Vitale

= I don't remember Niskanen or Engelland... well, I remember Niskanen getting pinned to the boards and kind of carried a foot or two. They may have been good or bad.

- Dupuis
- Orpik
- KCA
- That PK that was all dumb luck and talent having good timing.
------------------Bylsma

Bennett, Crosby, Dupuis (bottom 6), Engelland, Gibbons, Jokinen, Kunitz, Malkin, Megna, Neal, Sutter, Vitale.
Orpik, Niskanen, Dupuis for a top 6 winger for Crosby

Talent and youth won that, poor Disco.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
+Gibbons

+Kunitz--Kunitz had his best game of the season

+Flower

+Great to see Neal Malkin and Kunitz, even if it was just for one shift

~Malkin--great late, bad early

-Orpik

-Sutter--Don't care how many goals he scores, Jan Hrdina didn't lose this many battles for positioning and he wasn't even billed as a checking line defensive forward

Gibbons has a second game like he just did and I might give him a look. Guy's fast, quick, no hesitation in his game, digs for pucks, always ready for a pass, doesn't waste any time putting it on net.

Natural fit if he's good enough, though I have no idea if he is or if this was just adrenaline. College numbers suggest it could have been either and I haven't seen a wilkes-barre game this season.

you are literally just making stuff up now, in an effort to advance your bizarre "crosby cant play with a playmaker/anti-bennett" agenda. bennett and crosby looked good together until the idiot coach changed things up.

its completely obvious to everyone that you are incredibly biased. you can continue to spout this nonsense, but let me assure you no one is taking your opinion seriously.

aSockalypse

Feb 9, 2011
+ Flower
+ Gibbons (congrats!)

- Last time we'll ever see Gibbons
- Beau is forever friendzoned from the top 6

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:laugh:

I think this is a case of you seeing what you want to see. There is so much wrong here.

Bennett and Sid looked really good in the first.

They just didn't mesh so well with Kunitz.

That's the thing. A great line takes three to tango. Why does KMN kill it but MN looked meh with Duper and like *** with Jokinen?

Sid has chemistry with Kunitz. He has chemistry with Bennett. Whether Kunitz and Bennett have chemistry is the question.

That said, you need more than a game-- or a period-- to figure that out.

EDIT: I will add that I've got no problem with Bylsma juggling, putting Sid and Geno together, trying a KMN shift, even the Adams stupidity (yes, I've got a problem, not a lingering one at this moment) because it showed that he recognized that things weren't working in the first AND provided Bennett starts the next game with Sid and Kunitz.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I dunno DD, I can't blame people for being jaded, despite the win. People have their minds on the spring and rightly so. People want to see intelligent decisions from DB... And we get Adams on the first line. JJ, ok... But ****ing Adams? Wtf? His love affair with certain guys is so bizarre... It's borderline creepy how he feels about Adams.

BB being replaced by Adams on the top line should NEVER happen. I'm finding myself having a difficult time trying to have any faith left in DB. TR called him a moron the other day and I thought that comment was out of line... But now after tonight...

I can't ****ing believe Bort is benched and BB just got replaced by Adams. It takes a lot for me to get negative vibes, but I can't see how this team wins another cup with DB at the helm.

He's not changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad