PGT - Pens/Ducks - From Dupuis to Beau to Adams (Sid, This is Your Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I dunno DD, I can't blame people for being jaded, despite the win. People have their minds on the spring and rightly so. People want to see intelligent decisions from DB... And we get Adams on the first line. JJ, ok... But ****ing Adams?

BB being replaced by Adams on the top line should NEVER happen. I'm finding myself having a difficult time trying to have any faith left in DB. TR called him a moron the other day and I thought that comment was out of line... But now after tonight...

I can't ****ing believe Bort is benched and BB just got replaced by Adams. It takes a lot for me to get negative vibes, but I can't see how this team wins another cup with DB at the helm.

What's really sad is that what he did tonight actually represented progress. Not just the lines to start but his juggling, using Sid and Geno together, etc because he saw things just weren't happening.

Fire Shero*

-Bennett--way to make the best of your opportunity. You've been in the NHL for more than long enough to know those stationary BCHL dekes are turnovers here. Oh yeah, and a slow telegraphed backhand move on a gift of a breakaway doesn't work either.

Agreed. But get ready to get flamed for criticizing Bennett. He can do no wrong. People would have gone insane if Dupuis made the same play as Bennett on that breakaway.

Malkin112*

+ Fleury
+ Orpik
+ Määttä
+ Letang

= Crosby/Malkin

- Jokinen
- kunitz
- Neal

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I dunno DD, I can't blame people for being jaded, despite the win. People have their minds on the spring and rightly so. People want to see intelligent decisions from DB... And we get Adams on the first line. JJ, ok... But ****ing Adams?

BB being replaced by Adams on the top line should NEVER happen. I'm finding myself having a difficult time trying to have any faith left in DB. TR called him a moron the other day and I thought that comment was out of line... But now after tonight...

I can't ****ing believe Bort is benched and BB just got replaced by Adams. It takes a lot for me to get negative vibes, but I can't see how this team wins another cup with DB at the helm.
This sums it up for me.

We are wasting important developmental playing time of 2 players who will be crucial come spring. And no one can give a rational reason why.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
O'k, let's cut through the ****. What's the over/under on the reunion of KCD? I figure by this time next week, pays $1 for every $10 bet on UNDER.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site

this is a huge thing. bortuzzo needs to be playing, every night. i can MAYBE understand him being a healthy scratch for a few random games here and there. but he should NEVER be consecutively scratched as he's been for the last two games. the guy was providing some much need snarl on the back end, while actually playing intelligent hockey.

the fact that bortuzzo is not an everyday player for this team is a huge huge travesty that this team will lament once the playoffs start. he can be a huge asset for them when the refs put away their whistle, but youve gotta play him now and work through the occasional hiccup.

aSockalypse

Feb 9, 2011

Literally just said this verbatim to somebody. Engo wasn't terrible but c'mon man, Bort really deserves to be on 5-6. Bennett playing ~10 minutes ES :facepalm:

I just don't understand how DB can be such a bonehead and nobody in that room or upstairs mentions anything to him

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Agreed. But get ready to get flamed for criticizing Bennett. He can do no wrong. People would have gone insane if Dupuis made the same play as Bennett on that breakaway.

Well, sure, because he's done it 100 times. We still gave him a pass on the first 50 times.

The question isn't whether Beau will once in a while flub a chance like that or not convert another prime opportunity. Everyone does. Stamkos does. Ovechkin does. It's inevitable. The question is how frequently he'll flub them and how frequently he'll convert them. Beau has flubbed 1. Dupuis has flubbed hundreds. Talk to me when Beau flubs 10 without converting.

aSockalypse

Feb 9, 2011
O'k, let's cut through the ****. What's the over/under on the reunion of KCD? I figure by this time next week, pays $1 for every $10 bet on UNDER.

I'll bet everything I own that Friday KCD is in full go-mode, double down Gibbons is gone in favor of D'Ags.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Literally just said this verbatim to somebody. Engo wasn't terrible but c'mon man, Bort really deserves to be on 5-6. Bennett playing ~10 minutes ES :facepalm:

I just don't understand how DB can be such a bonehead and nobody in that room or upstairs mentions anything to him

Maybe he's so dense that he doesn't know what they're saying when they do criticize him. :sarcasm:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
-Bennett--way to make the best of your opportunity. You've been in the NHL for more than long enough to know those stationary BCHL dekes are turnovers here. Oh yeah, and a slow telegraphed backhand move on a gift of a breakaway doesn't work either.

jags.gif

I dunno DD, I can't blame people for being jaded, despite the win. People have their minds on the spring and rightly so. People want to see intelligent decisions from DB... And we get Adams on the first line. JJ, ok... But ****ing Adams? Wtf? His love affair with certain guys is so bizarre... It's borderline creepy how he feels about Adams.

He's not changing.

Adams on the 1st line is stupid. It's DB thinking he's making the line more accountable in a prevent situation by putting a beloved grinder there, but he's just making it slower and more likely to be hemmed in its own zone.

But Dupes didn't go back there, which gives me hope Beau will be back for an extended audition. Adams clearly isn't a long-term answer, just when we're protecting leads in the 3rd. :laugh:

But we won, and we won playing a good team game against arguably the best team in the league right now. Roster issues aside, coupled with no KCD reunion, that's a pretty big positive.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'd drop another forward from the roster(1 of Kobasew/D'ags).
Bring up Megna.

Kunitz-Crosby-Megna
Dupuis-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Gibbons or reverse the wings
Glass-Vitale-Adams

JJ healthy scratched.

Or i'd healthy scratch Adams to get Megna in or scratch both JJ and Adams and the 4th line is Glass-Vitale-Engelland with Bortuzzo playing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
this is a huge thing. bortuzzo needs to be playing, every night. i can MAYBE understand him being a healthy scratch for a few random games here and there. but he should NEVER be consecutively scratched as he's been for the last two games. the guy was providing some much need snarl on the back end, while actually playing intelligent hockey.

the fact that bortuzzo is not an everyday player for this team is a huge huge travesty that this team will lament once the playoffs start. he can be a huge asset for them when the refs put away their whistle, but youve gotta play him now and work through the occasional hiccup.

I can understand scratching him if he's had a bad game. But, for one game. Not this ****.

Engo is a ******* joke. You don't win in the playoffs playing this guy 10 minutes a game, period. Now, I don't know if Borts is the answer. BUT, I do know you won't know without letting him have good AND bad experiences during the regular season, just like Maatta is getting.

It's the same reason you should be playing Bennett. Same reason you should've given Megna more of a chance. Same reason Despres should be playing over Niskanen.

Youth being served (and using the cap space in other areas) is going to help this team win another cup, not useless pieces of playoff **** like Engo, D'Agostini, Nisky, etc.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'd drop another forward from the roster(1 of Kobasew/D'ags).
Bring up Megna.

Kunitz-Crosby-Megna
Dupuis-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Gibbons or reverse the wings
Glass-Vitale-Adams

JJ healthy scratched.

Or i'd healthy scratch Adams to get Megna in or scratch both JJ and Adams and the 4th line is Glass-Vitale-Engelland with Bortuzzo playing.

Or we could keep Bennett on Crosby's wing for more than one game, considering they were better at sustaining offensive zone time than any other combo Sid's seen this year.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'll bet everything I own that Friday KCD is in full go-mode, double down Gibbons is gone in favor of D'Ags.

Wanna parlay that with JJ back with Malkin and Neal and Engo still playing over Borts?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Good bounce back game from Flower after his terrible performance in jersey. Good overall effort, guys can forget winning just based on talent.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
You know, we did win. And outside of a cruddy 1st, we did a pretty damn good job cycling and going to the net against one of the biggest, baddest teams in the West.

I realize we all have our line-up issues, but the team dialed in and played well tonight, and earned a well-deserved win against a quality opponent. It'd be nice if we could appreciate that for 5 seconds.

Honest question: Did we win because of DB and his lines, or despite them?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Or we could keep Bennett on Crosby's wing for more than one game, considering they were better at sustaining offensive zone time than any other combo Sid's seen this year.

Can I borrow some of whatever you're smoking, because it must be some pretty good **** that gives you hope Beau will be starting with Sid on Wednesday. :D

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Noticing more and more Orpik having players just blow by him. Could be of concern.

If Ray Shero deals Orpik, Niskanen, and one of JJ/Sutter, this will be a much better team for it.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Honest question: Did we win because of DB and his lines, or despite them?

We won because the team dialed in after Fleury saved our bacon in the 1st period, and proceeded to compete in the hard areas, cycle well, and go to the net as a team. See Kunitz on Sid's goal and Sutter tipping in Maatta's shot.

Not everything is related to lines.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I can understand scratching him if he's had a bad game. But, for one game. Not this ****.

Engo is a ******* joke. You don't win in the playoffs playing this guy 10 minutes a game, period. Now, I don't know if Borts is the answer. BUT, I do know you won't know without letting him have good AND bad experiences during the regular season, just like Maatta is getting.

It's the same reason you should be playing Bennett. Same reason you should've given Megna more of a chance. Same reason Despres should be playing over Niskanen.

Youth being served (and using the cap space in other areas) is going to help this team win another cup, not useless pieces of playoff **** like Engo, D'Agostini, Nisky, etc.

Don't think of it as losing a Bort; think of it as gaining another Vet at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad