PGT - Pens/Ducks - From Dupuis to Beau to Adams (Sid, This is Your Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
-imaginary goals
+tangible goals

Someone post that full quote. It was a classic. I just liked to be amused at this point of the season.

Also think Bennett was promoted/demoted at the same time. Played with Crosby, played less overall TOI than usual despite not much special teams play. Do believe I nailed this TOI prediction though I expected the shifts to go to Dupuis and not Adams. I dunno man. Not going to wail about coaching/personnel since I have no influence over it and am aiming for the least possible amount of superfluous stress.

Would like to see Pens actually ride out the hot streak on guys like Megna, Gibbons, etc. when/if they have them. Sometimes a guy pops out of no where to have a successful season. When was the last time a Penguin minor-leaguer has done that? Just roll with it for a while and hope for the best.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This game was won by individuals playing the biggest cluster **** game of line combo I've ever seen.

Yes, we scored. Yes, we won. Yes, different line combos were good. ...but nothing about this game should excite us save for:

Fleury playing like a beast
Gibbons having a nice debut
Malkin and Sid showing some life

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
-imaginary goals
+tangible goals

Someone post that full quote. It was a classic. I just liked to be amused at this point of the season.

Also think Bennett was promoted/demoted at the same time. Played with Crosby, played less overall TOI than usual despite not much special teams play. Do believe I nailed this TOI prediction though I expected the shifts to go to Dupuis and not Adams. I dunno man.

Bennett had less ES TOI than any Pens forward save Vitale.

Because he played most with Dupuis, Malkin, instead of Sid, led all Pens forwards in ES TOI.

One day, someone will need to explain to me why the Pens wouldn't be better off with Despres and Borts than they are with two of Orpik, Nisky, and Engo in the top six.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
- 3 goals
+ 75i goals

- Bylsma is still worryingly stupid.
- Dupuis is **** and allowed to do whatever, Dan will take care of his precious.

+ Youth continues to make a point
- It's a shame Bylsma won't listen to youth.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
the fact that Adams replaced Bennett's spot next to Crosby later in the game is an absolute travesty and should be grounds to fire Bylsma (but his job is as safe as Tomlin's right now)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- 3 goals
+ 75i goals

- Bylsma is still worryingly stupid.
- Dupuis is **** and allowed to do whatever, Dan will take care of his precious.

+ Youth continues to make a point
- It's a shame Bylsma won't listen to youth.

Sid looked a lot better tonight being away from Dupuis.

Geno looked a lot better tonight in general having Dupuis instead of Jokinen but looked especially engaged when he was away from both.

If only we could clone Craig Adams . . .

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
+ I am happy we won the game...
- sooooo soooo much...

on a side note did anyone catch the 105.9 radio feed between the 1&2 periods? the interview w the anahiem journalist about lovejoy?... wow if you play a young guy more he develops faster, whod have thunk....

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
MAF, Sid and Geno won this game, despite DB Bylsmaing the lines.

Love to see Gib and Olli picking up points. I'm pretty sure DB gets pissed when rookies score because it makes it harder to justify benching them. He'll still bench them, but it'll be harder to justify.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
yeah, what was that exact quote? sid/malkin are actually scoring goals, they just arent going in the net?

I think DB thinks he's the Phil Jackson of the NHL, getting all meta and zen and ****. What is a goal, if not a subjective measure of getting to our game?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
the fact that Adams replaced Bennett's spot next to Crosby later in the game is an absolute travesty and should be grounds to fire Bylsma (but his job is as safe as Tomlin's right now)

Honestly, I've stopped counting the number of things that SHOULD be grounds to fire Bylsma.

I personally want to see how this plays out over the next 9 games. This was just game 1 of a tough 10 game stretch. Sometimes, you do get the breaks, and the other goalie is cold (like Bob was in Columbus). And, sometimes, even in the midst of a downward spiral, you have bright spots like this, wins against teams you figure there's no way you're going to beat. The win against Boston, early in this downward spiral, was another.

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
+++ Fleury. The reason the Pens won this game.
+ Malkin. He's alive!
+ Crosby.

- Bylsma. Is he Pejorative Slured? That interview when he said that we are scoring goals that just aren't going in the net or something like that :laugh::laugh::laugh:

+ Bylsma found Crosby his winger :sarcasm:

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
First, second and third star to Fleury. Fortunately he was sharp from the start with the guys in front of him not arriving until first intermission.

Still a lot of issues to work out. But a win over a damn good team. Eager to see how they come out against the Caps.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It's painfully obvious how expendable 1 of Kobasew/D'Agostini and Adams are on this roster right now.

Megna and Gibbons can easily pick up PK time and be more productive players in my mind.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Sid looked a lot better tonight being away from Dupuis.

Geno looked a lot better tonight in general having Dupuis instead of Jokinen but looked especially engaged when he was away from both.

If only we could clone Craig Adams . . .

I think this is the problem. I'll admit that JMN has failed to impress, I just wanted to see it. The problem is that Dupuis is a big ball of suck, his sucky self just fit a need reasonably well but the suck was still there. I think Malkin was better but still not near full Malkin.

Can't we just give Adams to Bylsma as some type of pet? "Here, Dan. Your very own self insert, you take good care of him now, wouldn't want him to get damaged."

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
+++++Fleury winning us that game in the first 2 periods
+ Gibbons
- Gibbons couldnt get the Gordy howe hat trick
+ Malkin...still making stupid plays but he looked like he had a fire lit under his ass the second half of the game
+ Pens played in the dirty areas; screened the goalie; went to the net...thats how you win hockey games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad