PGT - Pens/Ducks - From Dupuis to Beau to Adams (Sid, This is Your Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
I can understand scratching him if he's had a bad game. But, for one game. Not this ****.

Engo is a ******* joke. You don't win in the playoffs playing this guy 10 minutes a game, period. Now, I don't know if Borts is the answer. BUT, I do know you won't know without letting him have good AND bad experiences during the regular season, just like Maatta is getting.

It's the same reason you should be playing Bennett. Same reason you should've given Megna more of a chance. Same reason Despres should be playing over Niskanen.

Youth being served (and using the cap space in other areas) is going to help this team win another cup, not useless pieces of playoff **** like Engo, D'Agostini, Nisky, etc.

if shero had some balls he could shed the dead weight veterans on this team and reap huge savings thereby allowing him to get that third legit offensive threat on this team.

dump niskanen, dupuis, glass, d'agostini-- replace them with despres, bortuzzo, bennett, sill/megna/gibbons, maybe another minimum salary young guy hungry for a bottom six roster spot. the savings would be significant (5-6 million), maybe enough to get someone with some offensive talent. and the team would be better off with hungry young players in the bottom six. hell, dump orpik also and youve got damn near 8 million in savings. you could get a fantastic winger for that much.

this team would be so much better if shero would dump the dead weight, let the young guys play, and spend the savings on help for sid/geno.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Can I borrow some of whatever you're smoking, because it must be some pretty good **** that gives you hope Beau will be starting with Sid on Wednesday. :D

I'm a positive guy by nature. But I'm adopting more of a Buddhist philosophy when it comes to my wants so I don't get as worked up as so many here do when things don't go as we hope. :laugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
jags.gif

Adams on the 1st line is stupid. It's DB thinking he's making the line more accountable in a prevent situation by putting a beloved grinder there, but he's just making it slower and more likely to be hemmed in its own zone.

But Dupes didn't go back there, which gives me hope Beau will be back for an extended audition. Adams clearly isn't a long-term answer, just when we're protecting leads in the 3rd. :laugh:

But we won, and we won playing a good team game against arguably the best team in the league right now. Roster issues aside, coupled with no KCD reunion, that's a pretty big positive.

I get what DB excuse would be for playing Adams there if the Pgh media has the stones to call him out on it, but there is literally no justification for it.

I get you wanting to be positive and that's my nature as well, so I'm not going to bust your balls too hard.

But deep down inside you know DB did this for show and wants to get the KCD line back together as quickly as possible. I firmly believe he doesn't want BB or any other RW to be successful with Crosby, so Dupes can stay there. It's the only thing that makes sense... Iggy... Now Adams for BB... wtf, it's bizarre bro. Bizarre.

There is no logic behind what he does. He was playing Dupes on the top line with the best player in the world... Yet he doesn't think Dupes is skilled enough to play on the second PP unit.

Think about how Pejorative Slured some of his decisions are.

I need to see some real changes in this guy... not some token BS like we saw tonight because the team is slumping.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
you are literally just making stuff up now, in an effort to advance your bizarre "crosby cant play with a playmaker/anti-bennett" agenda. bennett and crosby looked good together until the idiot coach changed things up.

its completely obvious to everyone that you are incredibly biased. you can continue to spout this nonsense, but let me assure you no one is taking your opinion seriously.

Line was minus one, one pathetic shot and God knows how many turnovers. Sid and Kunitz had six shots once separated from Bennett.

Take me seriously or don't, those are the facts.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Was I the only one who immediately noticed the snarl from Malkin, Kunitz, Neal when they were reunited for about 2-3 shifts?

+Good to get the win even though there were many underlying problems that probably cost them that game on other nights.

-Defensive breakdowns were awful

+MAF covered up for most of them, stole the game IMO, and clearly outplayed Fasth.

+Lovejoy had a great game.

-Lovejoy isn't a Pen anymore.

-Engelland starting instead of Bortz

-BB will be scratched, mark my word.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Gigantic minus to Bylsma for not putting Gibbons out on the PP with a minute left...reward him for a great debut!! I don't want to seem negative

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You're asking for way too much!!!

Hey, if RRP is allowed to believe in the tooty fairy, santa claus, and Bennett starting next game with Sid, then I'm allowed to believe in Orpik, Nisky, and one of Jokinen/Sutter being dealt. :rant:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I get what DB excuse would be for playing Adams there if the Pgh media has the stones to call him out on it, but there is literally no justification for it.

I get you wanting to be positive and that's my nature as well, so I'm not going to bust your balls too hard.

But deep down inside you know DB did this for show and wants to get the KCD line back together as quickly as possible.

There is no logic behind what he does. He was playing Dupes on the top line with the best player in the world... Yet he doesn't think Dupes is skilled enough to play on the second PP unit.

Think about how Pejorative Slured some of his decisions are.

I need to see some real changes in this guy... not some token BS like we saw tonight because the team is slumping.

We'll see. I do wish somebody in the PGH media would call him out on Adams though.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
if shero had some balls he could shed the dead weight veterans on this team and reap huge savings thereby allowing him to get that third legit offensive threat on this team.

dump niskanen, dupuis, glass, d'agostini-- replace them with despres, bortuzzo, bennett, sill/megna/gibbons, maybe another minimum salary young guy hungry for a bottom six roster spot. the savings would be significant (5-6 million), maybe enough to get someone with some offensive talent. and the team would be better off with hungry young players in the bottom six. hell, dump orpik also and youve got damn near 8 million in savings. you could get a fantastic winger for that much.

this team would be so much better if shero would dump the dead weight, let the young guys play, and spend the savings on help for sid/geno.

And if Bylsma had some brains, there would be no question about where Bennett plays next game.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Watching that replay on Getzlaf's goal, I wouldnt be surprised if DB blamed Bennett for it. Despite Sid following the Puck carrier into the corner and both D-men leaving the front of the net. Beau was closest to Getz. DB logic there.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hey, if RRP is allowed to believe in the tooty fairy, santa claus, and Bennett starting next game with Sid, then I'm allowed to believe in Orpik, Nisky, and one of Jokinen/Sutter being dealt. :rant:

What's this about the Tooth Fairy?

Just flipped a molar for a cool toonie last week. Explain that.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
We won because the team dialed in after Fleury saved our bacon in the 1st period, and proceeded to compete in the hard areas, cycle well, and go to the net as a team. See Kunitz on Sid's goal and Sutter tipping in Maatta's shot.

Not everything is related to lines.

So despite DB Bylsmaing the lines.

This was a perfect example of 3 guys winning a game (MAF, Geno and Sid) despite DB.

The first was Geno making an amazing play when he joined a 4th line shift and hit Gib with a perfect pass.

The second was an 3rd/4th line combo with Sutter deflecting an Olli shot.

The 3rd was after a PK, where Sid made a great play.

None of the goals were due to DBs line combos. I see you criticizing his cobos, then post essential "well we won so it's ok."

aSockalypse

Feb 9, 2011
Wanna parlay that with JJ back with Malkin and Neal and Engo still playing over Borts?

Those are givens at this point of DB's idea of a winning formula, so, I'll see you on that and raise you Adams more ice time than Bennett.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
So despite DB Bylsmaing the lines.

This was a perfect example of 3 guys winning a game (MAF, Geno and Sid) despite DB.

The first was Geno making an amazing play when he joined a 4th line shift and hit Gib with a perfect pass.

The second was an 3rd/4th line combo with Sutter deflecting an Olli shot.

The 3rd was after a PK, where Sid made a great play.

None of the goals were due to DBs line combos. I see you criticizing his cobos, then post essential "well we won so it's ok."

Who do you think calls the lines for each shift?

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Watching that replay on Getzlaf's goal, I wouldnt be surprised if DB blamed Bennett for it. Despite Sid following the Puck carrier into the corner and both D-men leaving the front of the net. Beau was closest to Getz. DB logic there.

Watching that goal should make it soooooo obvious to MAF to NEVER flop around like that like he used to and stopped doing this year. Square to the shooter baby like you've been doing. Great game otherwise for him

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
We'll see. I do wish somebody in the PGH media would call him out on Adams though.

He is padding their stats as much as he can playing them so much with Malkin/Crosby. I swear they are out there with them on every other line change anymore. It is no coincidence that they are each having "break out" years for themselves. I think he's just trying to hide them from the "pencil pusher" player advisers to keep them on this team.

Meanwhile, everyone else is going WTF and Malkin/Crosby are near career lows in point production.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
+ Me for being the only person to pick Gibbons for first star in the Pens Predict thread. I didn't get to watch the game because I was flying all evening, but I wore my WBS pullover, too. I made this happen.

WBS power!

Last edited:

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Who do you think calls the lines for each shift?

Did you even read what I wrote, or watch the game?

I'll explain it better, please read slowly;

Goal 1 (the first goal the Pens scored): The 4th line was on the ice and Geno's line was up. JV go off for the change and Malkin replaces him. Now it's Geno + 2/3 of the 4th line. Geno gets the puck, skates around all 5 Ducks and sets up a goal. This goal had nothing to do with DB.

Goal 2 (the second goal the Pens scored): DB actually put this line out there after Gib scored. It was a 3rd/4th line combo that made a great play. Good for DB putting it together that one time, because we never saw it again.

Goal 3 (the third goal the Pens scored): This came right after the PP. JV comes out of the box and gets the puck to Sid. Sid to Malkin back to Sid and he scores.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Watching that goal should make it soooooo obvious to MAF to NEVER flop around like that like he used to and stopped doing this year. Square to the shooter baby like you've been doing. Great game otherwise for him

The reason MAF "flopped" was because Getz had time to pull the puck back to MAF's left instead of onetiming it and he was trying to follow him.

Seriously people go out of their way to **** on MAF. He won us the ****ing game people.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

DB did blame BB for it.

Moments before the goal BB tried to chip the puck off the boards in the NZ to Crosby, but it was pinched off. Then the play went the other way... Goal. BB didn't see any more time on the top unit after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->