Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Here’s Canucks coach Travis Greens assessment of EP’s second game:
“Dynamite,” said Canucks coach Travis Green. “He was our best player tonight and he was the least of our worries — one of the bright spots in the game. We had some guys play OK, but a few who need to play better.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I disagree. You can’t just pretend that EP’s draft plus one season didn’t happen. Many Canuck fans, myself included, watched him a lot last year and I assume many prospect followers did as well. Most aren’t judging him on 2 NHL games but are assessing his potential vs Hischier’s potential. Taken to the logical extreme your argument would be that any NHL player is better than any ‘unproven’ prospect. Which is obviously wrong.
Now it’s only two games but for a kid who didn’t play a lot of center last year he’s adjusted really well.
For the record, I think both teams should be very happy with their choices and that both are going to be great players.
Well I agree, but this is a hfpoll, i.e. 99% of voters have only seen his NHL games (if even that). If you poll journalists, scouts or hardcore fans that is one thing. I am just sayimg that people voting in this hfpoll obviously only judge what they have seen, i.e. Pettersson's 2 GP vs Hischier's season.

Edit: anyway, not really important.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Exactly. We haven't seen somebody score at this pace through their first two games since Jesper Bratt.
Nice so pettersson will be on pace for 50-60 points like bratt before he fell from a cliff.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
absolutely nothing against Hischier, but Petterssons got moves Hischier can't pull off. They are on a different Tier. Any Canuck haters, wait til the end of the season, you will what I mean. He's also on a different level of Nolan Patrick too, it's insane how the scouts in 2017 missed this. Critical error big time.

It's going to be star wars when the Canucks face the Oilers.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Offensively it's gonna be Pettersson. Nico gonna be a stud 2way center in the mold of Bergeron while Petterson more of a Tavares offensive dynamo type.
EP is basically datsyuk 2.0, Nico is in no way shape or form better defensively than pettersson, that's why its scary how good EP can be.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
EP is basically datsyuk 2.0, Nico is in no way shape or form better defensively than pettersson, that's why its scary how good EP can be.

:laugh::laugh: There you have it, folks....the worst take in the entire thread. If you think Nico is “in no way shape or form better defensively than Pettersson,” that tells everyone what they need to know about your assessment.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

You probably didn't watch Nico rookie season to say he's in no way better than Petterson in the defensive side. Nico was great defensively as an 18y center playing against top lines. How many 18y old centers are trusted to regularly kill penalties in the NHL? Nico was and it wasn't a cause of lack of options as the Devils had a pandora of PKillers in Zajac, Coleman, Bratt, Boyle, Noesen, Gibbons (gone).

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Anyone who says EP is better than Hischier defensively is absolutely out of their mind and probably hasn't watched a single Devils game.

traveler84

Oct 7, 2018
let's pump the brakes on pettersson a bit. we need a whole season to gauge what type of player he is.

damon severson was playing like a Norris candidate his first handful of games his rookie year. hall of famer defenseman bigbird even said if severson played in the cup finals vs the king's he would have made a difference.

fast forward to now and he is struggling.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
You probably didn't watch Nico rookie season to say he's in no way better than Petterson in the defensive side. Nico was great defensively as an 18y center playing against top lines. How many 18y old centers are trusted to regularly kill penalties in the NHL? Nico was and it wasn't a cause of lack of options as the Devils had a pandora of PKillers in Zajac, Coleman, Bratt, Boyle, Noesen, Gibbons (gone).
There were 7 forwards with more SH TOI for the Devils, and Grabner with basically the same in his 21 games with the Devils. Don't try and pretend Nico was a top choice for the PK.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
let's pump the brakes on pettersson a bit. we need a whole season to gauge what type of player he is.

damon severson was playing like a Norris candidate his first handful of games his rookie year. hall of famer defenseman bigbird even said if severson played in the cup finals vs the king's he would have made a difference.

fast forward to now and he is struggling.
What did Damon Severson do the year before? Did Damon Severson get drafted early in the first round?

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
I hope you're joking.
So many ignorant posts, it's hilarious. Will be fun to come back here later this season when EP is back on earth..

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
hischier's offensive potential is severely underrated here. both will be good players and if both reach their max potential they'll be interchangeable. we'll see if either actually is able to.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Look Im a Canucks fan and HUGE Pettersson fan but Hischier is getting crazy underrated just cause of the comparison. Its only been two games and a prediction is one thing but at this point they are neck in neck, then throw in Heiskanen and Patrick into the equation and thats one hell of a top 4 from that draft. Beastly

Reactions: Nocashstyle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad