Who will be better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Hischier has a very complete game but Pettersson's game-breaking offensive abilities put him ahead for me. Will be interesting to see who finishes with more points this season.

Reactions: nickdawg95

habbyboolin

Sep 14, 2018
Montréal
Hischier has a very complete game but Pettersson's game-breaking offensive abilities put him ahead for me. Will be interesting to see who finishes with more points this season.
Hischier does have game-breaking offensive abilities though, even if he doesn't have the hands or shot Pettersson possesses. This is very close.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
NJ fans will vote Nico, Vancouver fans Pettersson. It should, in theory, be a close poll

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
EP all day, way more dynamic and skilled.

Hischier is RNH 2.0 or maybe RNH 1.1, decent player but not a gamebreaker like EP.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Hischier is obviously better today but i imagine either by the end of next season or the season after the majority of the hockey world would say Pettersson is the best from the draft except Devils, FLyers, Stars, and Aves fans because they slept on him.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
That’s an absolutely terrible comparison. Their games are nothing alike.
I don't think he was saying they are playing the same game. I think he is saying they will be looked at the same way in a few years from now as a ok to have 1st overall pick as opposed to a franchise game changing 1st over all pick.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
EP all day, way more dynamic and skilled.

Hischier is RNH 2.0 or maybe RNH 1.1, decent player but not a gamebreaker like EP.
Not a chance. Hischier will be a top 1C for a LONG time. Plus he plays a 200 foot game

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
tbh IDK if any team that picked before 5 would accept a do-over.

- NJ picked who they deemed the best player in a consensus 2-player draft. Can't argue with it + player has alreayd played C in the NHL + playoffs as a teenager.
- PHI was playing with house money & took who NJ didn't.Can't argue with it + player has already played C in the NHL + playoffs as a teenager.
- DAL took BPA that also filled a huge organizational need. Can't argue with it. Player is expect to have a big role in Dallas.
- COL needed a good D prospect in the worst way at that point. Maybe they'd consider EP40 in hindsight, but prob not?

It's not like Pettersson went 15th overall or something. He was right there at the top of that 2nd group.

The teams that would want a theoretical do-over would be Vegas or Rags *if* they picked before VAN and took Glass/Lias. But that didn't happen so w/e.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Abusement Park

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Another poll based on one game?

Talk about meaning literally nothing. Polls like this are why this site sometimes gets a bad rep

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
We knew this was coming.... but seriously. What the **** is wrong with you people. Hischier AINEC until proven otherwise. 1 good game in the nhl certainly does not change that.

That's the point. Many (including myself) believe that Petterson will prove otherwise.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Not a chance. Hischier will be a top 1C for a LONG time. Plus he plays a 200 foot game
1 game doesn't make a player a 1C, if he performs well over the season sure but he's not shown that yet. Any player can have a good game.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
That's the point. Many (including myself) believe that Petterson will prove otherwise.
It’s funny how you all make these predictions. You all do it while getting on your knees for EP, yet pay no attention to what Nico is doing or what he has the potential to be. It’s so one sided it’s not even worth debating.

For those who haven’t payed attention: Nico is not some great defensive center with a low offensive ceiling. Stop playing it off to be that way. If you want to debate which player is or will be better, IT REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH PLAYERS IN THE DISCUSSION!

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
There’s probably no right answer.
But after watching Pettersson last year and in pre season I’m not basing my views on only one NHL game. He just has that ‘Wow’ factor! He’s been the best Canuck through most of pre season which is maybe faint praise but still amazing for a rookie.
My biggest concerns coming into this year were his size and whether he could play center in the NHL. Those concerns have been answered at least for me as he’s put on some weight and has already taken some hits to make a play.
But what really surprised me is just how good his 200 foot game is. He plays strong two way hockey already. He uses his smarts to get in the right position to break up play.

I’m not going to predict who ends up as the better player but I’m confident Pettersson is going to be a real star. The first game was just a taste of what is to come. Doesn’t mean that Hischier won’t be a star too. Both fan bases should be happy.

Anyways I voted Pettersson but it could go either way.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
It’s funny how you all make these predictions. You all do it while getting on your knees for EP, yet pay no attention to what Nico is doing or what he has the potential to be. It’s so one sided it’s not even worth debating.

For those who haven’t payed attention: Nico is not some great defensive center with a low offensive ceiling. Stop playing it off to be that way. If you want to debate which player is or will be better, IT REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH PLAYERS IN THE DISCUSSION!

"It's funny how you make all these predictions", in a thread that's literally about predicting the NHL futures of two players. Not sure what you expected to see when coming in here.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
We knew this was coming.... but seriously. What the **** is wrong with you people. Hischier AINEC until proven otherwise. 1 good game in the nhl certainly does not change that.
Nope. That’s not the way it works. Anyone who doesn’t think it’s close has only been watching one of the two players. It’s very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad