• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I just want to add this fact.

Nico Hischier played a lot of sheltered minutes last season. John Hynes came out and said in order to protect the rookie he wasn’t always out against top competition and now will be. I was wondering why there was such a big gap between hall and the number one center points wise.

Pettersen.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Nico Hischier played a lot of sheltered minutes last season. John Hynes came out and said in order to protect the rookie he wasn’t always out against top competition and now will be. I was wondering why there was such a big gap between hall and the number one center points wise.

Pettersen.
Yeah he was a rookie ffs, any responsible coach would do that and thats no takeaway from Hischier. :shakehead

Its how to properly develop such a gifted and talented player.

Im a huge Pettersson homer but i really am not sure Im 100% taking him over Hischier. What Hischier did last year, and did it consistently, and is not slowing down this year... the guy is a beast, both could end up top 10 centres in two three years

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Pettersen.
The gap was from power play points actually, which you can easily look up if you actually cared about facts. 5on5 they had very similar scoring and Hischier outperformed Hall in points/60.

Hischier wasn't sheltered and that isn't what Hynes has ever said. He was managed so he wouldn't burn out from constantly playing the toughest defensive assignments all the time. Will Butcher was the sheltered rookie for the Devils.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nico Hischier lol. This one is not debatable at the moment. Nico put up a shit ton of primary points as a 1st overall pick in his first year in the league right after being drafted.

We'll need 3 years or so to see if either one is head and shoulders above the other, at the moment it's got to be Nico.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Nico Hischier lol. This one is not debatable at the moment. Nico put up a **** ton of primary points as a 1st overall pick in his first year in the league right after being drafted.

We'll need 3 years or so to see if either one is head and shoulders above the other, at the moment it's got to be Nico.
We need to wait 5 years to see if Matthews is legit

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Nico Hischier lol. This one is not debatable at the moment. Nico put up a **** ton of primary points as a 1st overall pick in his first year in the league right after being drafted.

It is most definitely debatable. Hischier isn't McDavid or Matthews. It's not an insult to hischier for this to be debatable, thats how good Pettersson is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad