• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
"I hate when Leaf fans bring up Matthews in every thread"

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Well being Swedish I have seen Pettersson quite a few times and he is atleast a Bäckström level of talent/player(I mean who knows what might happen with injuries and what not) I didn't see enough, like nothing at all, from Hischier to determine who will be better but I would be inclined to believe that Pettersson will hit ppg+ at one point or another. He is also my bet for best swede when it comes to forwards for the next 10 years or so.

The fact that Hischier wen't to the NHL earlier doesn't mean squat to me but I can't really vote as I don't know much about Hischier.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
lol'ing at the use of Corsi to justify anything. Hall won the Hart with his worst Corsi of the past 3 seasons.

4ee0f4b3-bb89-4f5e-a04b-2b9f8da968b0-jpeg.128419

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'd take Nico over Elias as it is currently.
a 70p Potential 2-way center is an easy choice to make.
Even if Elias becomes an 80p Center (within his potential) that 2way ability of Nico is IMO worth the slight hit in production

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Even if Elias becomes an 80p Center (within his potential) that 2way ability of Nico is IMO worth the slight hit in production
Elias is very underated defensively. His stick work is top notch (lost track how many guys ive seen him strip the puck off over the past year) and shows a strong hockey IQ all over the ice.

No reason why Elias cant be a a 80+ point two way player.

Reactions: Tuntrui

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
I am a Flames fan (so I love the Devils these days with Hall (hah. Oilers.) and I dislike the Canucks quite a bit) and to everyone saying "hahaha one game in, everyone loves Pettersson". No. I have been worrying about Pettersson for way more than one game; he had a record-breaking in his D+1 year last year. One of the best D+1 in recent history and has been showing a lot of his talent ever since. Is it confirmed that he will be phenomenal? Of course not. Is it fair to compare him to Hischier from what we have seen? I think it absolutely is. I don't know who will end up being better though I think it will be really close throughout the whole season. We'll only know the "real" answer several years later. I voted for Pettersson though I sure hope he busts. ;P

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Nico was going against the others team top line, what he did was fantastic.

I mean there's no denying EP is very talented, and I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, it's just very premature.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Ridiculous!
Says the poster who has said he would not trade vancouvers entire organization (GM, management, coaches, players, prospects, scouts) straight up for Toronto’s entire organization

[mod]

Matthews is miles better than this kid with one nhl game played

Last edited by a moderator:

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
What's with all the two-way game comments, do people who haven't watched EP play just assume he's pure offense because he's skinny and skilled? He plays a 200 feet game and has been doing so for years. Granted, he's mostly been doing it as a winger, so it remains to be seen if he can do it as well as Hischier at center.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
It feels like you think you proved something. Not sure why though...

Next.
I'm sorry you don't understand numbers. Those clearly show how Nico faired with Hall vs without. Your a devils fan tho so I don't expect your homerism to look past basic facts.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm sorry you don't understand numbers. Those clearly show how Nico faired with Hall vs without. Your a devils fan tho so I don't expect your homerism to look past basic facts.
No it doesn't. In order to show that you need to post ice times apart/together to establish a sample size, show who Nico most played with without Hall, show what their stats were with/without Nico and the ice time, etc. Hilarious that Devils fans post a broad range of even strength stats and a ton of context to accompany them, and that is called "cherry picking", but you post those stats with no context and the same cherry picking comments are nowhere to be seen.

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008

If you'd watch a game of Pettersson you would see he has the same 2way ability as Nico + having his offensive skillset with more tools.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
A single game took a poll from near lopsided in Hischiers favor to Petterssons favor

anyone who changed their vote has the patience and understanding of a child lmao

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008
They are being simplistic, but not dense. Hischier had a better draft year and a better D+1 year. He was the higher regarded prospect and nothing has changed with that, especially not one NHL game.

I've heard that Hischier was more NHL ready then Pettersson in their draft year. I also heard Pettersson could have went 1st overall if he was 20 pounds heavier, which was rumored to have been said by executives at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad