HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just watching highlights and catching up. So first goal is on Reaves give-away... Nice!
Don’t forget the highlight of the game — Marner got upset!

QlGjaql.gif

:sarcasm:

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
He has an assist tonight, but coming into this game Tyler Seguin had 58 pts in 116 playoff games. 0.5 ppg. That is ****ing revolting for a nearly $10mil guy
One of the most overrated players in recent memory (although he's had injury issues and has been fairly rated recently since his unfortunate injury in 2020)

Like, he's still a damn good player, but his career high is 84 points and he's only broken 80 points twice. Pretty disappointing for how hyped he was.

Insanely bad contract. I watch a lot of Stars games and he never really stands out. He's just kinda... there.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Star goalies are so inconsistent nowadays. Hellebyuck was awesome in the regular season and has been crap in the playoffs. Sorokin basically got replaced by Varlamov this year. Shesterkin was complete crap to start the year where the Rangers had to depend on Quick. Ottinger has been bad in the playoffs since that Flames series. Vasilevski has fallen off a bit. Bob has been inconsistent and after a good rebound season this year he's been bad in the playoffs this year.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Star goalies are so inconsistent nowadays. Hellebyuck was awesome in the regular season and has been crap in the playoffs. Sorokin basically got replaced by Varlamov this year. Shesterkin was complete crap to start the year where the Rangers had to depend on Quick. Ottinger has been bad in the playoffs since that Flames series. Vasilevski has fallen off a bit. Bob has been inconsistent and after a good rebound season this year he's been bad in the playoffs this year.
They don't make 'em like Carey Price anymore.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I hate to be the guy who defends the Leafs but...

Matthews didn't have any business being on the ice tonight. He looked like crap. People are absolutely trashing him for not coming out for the 3rd but... food poisoning is no joke. I don't get how people don't give him a mulligan here. And he's played well in the series until now.

Nylander seems to have rushed back from his head issues. He's another guy who's clearly hurt.

I get it. They've dropped the ball so many times but I think at least those two have a decent excuse for tonight.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I did! That's what I get for leaving my leftover pizza on the island instead of putting it in the fridge :(

Better deal than bronchitis though, that sucks. You have my sympathy.
Yeah, it lasts a long time and it's hard to sleep. But you don't shit your pants and pray for death.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I hate to be the guy who defends the Leafs but...

Matthews didn't have any business being on the ice tonight. He looked like crap. People are absolutely trashing him for not coming out for the 3rd but... food poisoning is no joke. I don't get how people don't give him a mulligan here. And he's played well in the series until now.

Nylander seems to have rushed back from his head issues. He's another guy who's clearly hurt.

I get it. They've dropped the ball so many times but I think at least those two have a decent excuse for tonight.

We used to beat the bruins with Kovalev, Markov, any random dude in goal and a couple of hockey sticks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad