Peterborough Petes 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
If McTavish fails to show my understanding is they can't trade him for players until January. In September he could be traded for draft picks and that is not what we need. Tell me if I am wrong.

Correct

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
If McTavish fails to show my understanding is they can't trade him for players until January. In September he could be traded for draft picks and that is not what we need. Tell me if I am wrong.

You're right. But trade the draft picks you get for McTavish for a high end player. Like NIA got Robertson earlier than everyone else last year by paying a bit more. Be the team that does that this year. Find the team that wants to tank and pay a little extra for their star 2 months earlier so you get him longer and they're a month or 2 ahead of everyone else for the tank. NIA will need to so go get Akil Thomas or Tomasino

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
You're right. But trade the draft picks you get for McTavish for a high end player. Like NIA got Robertson earlier than everyone else last year by paying a bit more. Be the team that does that this year. Find the team that wants to tank and pay a little extra for their star 2 months earlier so you get him longer and they're a month or 2 ahead of everyone else for the tank. NIA will need to so go get Akil Thomas or Tomasino

To make that deal they will want the picks and top 16 year old niagara gave up a shit ton of picks plus constantineau in that trade

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Aren't you be better off using McTavish to go after Thomas/Tomasino and keeping Spearing?

That's what we were just saying. To trade McTavish for a player, you need to wait until January. Looking at this roster, Oke can't wait that long

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I say wait it out too. We have a favorable schedule where most of our home games are gonna be later in the season. Let McTavish's camp burn half a year or report, and come January if they're still holding out, deal him to whatever team offers up the best roster forward to build our offensive around for the second half of the season.

At this point if McTavish isn't gonna report I'd rather send a message to the next crop of rookies with agents that hate Oke or hate Merkley or whatever their agenda is, that we're going to draft you, and you can hurt your own career/client's career by trying to pick and choose a destination, but Peterborough isn't going to pass on the best player available because you'd rather play on an All Star team. I think we gain more there than taking the 2nd rounder compensation and draft pick haul.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I say wait until January gives the Petes and other teams time to see what they have and have not and let the McTavish camp sweat it out. Good decisions are not made in haste.

So then for the first half of the season you're playing a bunch of road games with a roster that frankly will be extremely average. That lends itself to being around or under .500 and Oke not fully going for it in a year that he needs to. No thanks

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
So then for the first half of the season you're playing a bunch of road games with a roster that frankly will be extremely average. That lends itself to being around or under .500 and Oke not fully going for it in a year that he needs to. No thanks

Oke is going to go all in regardless... he’s built for this season and it’s his last year on his contract.

Reactions: Diaero and dirty12

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Yah he needs to make a move on 1 if not 2 OAs before training camp if one needs to pick up another when gallant doesn’t return

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Yah he needs to make a move on 1 if not 2 OAs before training camp if one needs to pick up another when gallant doesn’t return
My prediction is gallant will be back. And while we are on that note where does Fraser fit in next year?

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
My prediction is gallant will be back. And while we are on that note where does Fraser fit in next year?

Chasing the play after he missed a check at the offensive blueline and Jones is now staring down a 2-on-1. Or whiffing on an outlet pass under minimal pressure and giving a grade A scoring opportunity out of nowhere.

I kid. Fraser had a much better season, but I don't think I could ever relax when he has the puck on his stick.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
My prediction is gallant will be back. And while we are on that note where does Fraser fit in next year?[/QUOTE

Gallant I’m leaning towards he won’t be back

Fraser he’ll be there I don’t think we can lean on him but top 4 guy with Chisholm could work. I’d like to keep him till January then trade him and add the best OA d man available but if gally doesn’t return we will probly have room for another OA at the deadline

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Here’s a question...

Macnamara I love him the home town boy he has a role but I don’t see him more than 6th maybe 5th d man we could have a better look if we moved him and brought in a senior guy

Merkley spearing
Chisholm Fraser
Guryev macnamara/OA

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes at OHL Gold Cup Today —>

OMHA White (SO loss)
- Cole Patey...1A
- J.R Avon... held off scoresheet
- Nico Paone... 1G

Alliance (5-0 loss)
- Michael Simpson... did not play

GTHL Blue (5-4 win)
- Tucker Robertson... held off scoresheet

OMHA Black (4-3 loss)
- Ryan Cutler... held off scoresheet

NOHA (4-3 win)
- Josh Kavanagh... 1G, 1A

HEO
- Mason McTavish... 1G

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Petes called today asked if i'm interested in renewing season tickets said if Mc Tavish no show i'm not interested lol after 50 years of being a huge fan , may be the end ??? sad

Reactions: Zebra

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Trading Mctavish before the season is the worst thing they could do. So it will probably happen.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
No other teams have had this problem consistently like the Petes. This is a Mike Oke/Petes problem more than an OHL problem.
It's happened somewhere every year for a lot of years running. Niagara, Kingston, US teams, even Windsor this year...

Reactions: EvenSteven

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017

What, you guys don't think those HC Rapperswil-Jona jerseys are nice?
SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers - Wikipedia
SC_Rapperswil-Jona_Lakers

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
It's happened somewhere every year for a lot of years running. Niagara, Kingston, US teams, even Windsor this year...

Yeah but the Petes have this problem more often that not. They reached with Gallant, Gogolev.... then this past two seasons with Cuylle and McTavish.... I agree it’s a league issue, but our main concern should be why it’s happening here more so than anywhere else in the OHL.

Reactions: Petes1

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yeah but the Petes have this problem more often that not. They reached with Gallant, Gogolev.... then this past two seasons with Cuylle and McTavish.... I agree it’s a league issue, but our main concern should be why it’s happening here more so than anywhere else in the OHL.

Gogalev was considered a reporting risk. Drafting friend/teammate SDA was supposedly part of recruiting Gogalev.
Selecting McTavish was a no brainer, imo. The odds of the next best player willing to report being worth 3(2nds & 3rds) & comp 6th pick in 2nd round are not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad