3. Artem Guryev2003
4. Jon-Randall Avon2003
5. Michael Simpson2003
6. Matthew Perciballi2002
7. Jackson Kirk2002
8. Cole Patey2003
9. Tucker Robertson2003
10. Dustin Hutton2001
Perciballi seems to be pretty under the radar, I know he was considered a solid pick at the time how did his 18-19 season go?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Niagara signed another 16 year old D. Here’s hoping Oke can land one of Liam Hunter or Jacob Paquette in a trade this summer.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Niagara signed another 16 year old D. Here’s hoping Oke can land one of Liam Hunter or Jacob Paquette in a trade this summer.

I don’t. I went to 2 of the OSH/NIA games in Oshawa and Paquette is so slow. Hunter a better skater but he pinched at the wrong time like 7 times in the two games, constantly giving up odd man rushes against. He was all offence all the time and doesn’t have the skill set of Merkley to make that work. I’ll take Kade Landry

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I don’t. I went to 2 of the OSH/NIA games in Oshawa and Paquette is so slow. Hunter a better skater but he pinched at the wrong time like 7 times in the two games, constantly giving up odd man rushes against. He was all offence all the time and doesn’t have the skill set of Merkley to make that work. I’ll take Kade Landry

Most people tend to disagree with you.... HAM has no reason to move Landry, either.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Most people tend to disagree with you.... HAM has no reason to move Landry, either.

Did you watch any of the OSH/NIA series? Maybe Paquette/Hunter just played the worst theyve played their entire career, but man Oshawa was getting by them easily. Way easier than they were getting by Fraser/Chisholm the series prior

Why wouldnt HAM move Landry? They wont be good next year and he'll be one of their best trade chips. Also have Jenkins, Renwick, Surpyka, Vescio, King, Gravelle, Ali/Wainman all returning on D. And Chandler Romeo could make the team too as an 03

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Brahaney, Gordeev, King could be good OA options. It looks like Paquette’s development has stalled; maybe, he just was not a good fit.. Landry is a good puck mover, good on PP, not much D to his game though.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Did you watch any of the OSH/NIA series? Maybe Paquette/Hunter just played the worst theyve played their entire career, but man Oshawa was getting by them easily. Way easier than they were getting by Fraser/Chisholm the series prior

Why wouldnt HAM move Landry? They wont be good next year and he'll be one of their best trade chips. Also have Jenkins, Renwick, Surpyka, Vescio, King, Gravelle, Ali/Wainman all returning on D. And Chandler Romeo could make the team too as an 03

I’m sure they would rather just waive Ali or Wainman then deal their #1 dman in the summer basically giving up on the season before it’s even started.

I would still prefer they went after Hunter or Paquette.... they went 44-17-7 in the regular season with these guys playing key minutes in all situations... I think they’d be just fine.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Why is it that the Petes are always so slow getting things done in the offseason... most teams have announced signings by now from the recent draft or prospects from last seasons draft...

News from the Petes? Absolutely nothing.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I’m sure they would rather just waive Ali or Wainman then deal their #1 dman in the summer basically giving up on the season before it’s even started.

I would still prefer they went after Hunter or Paquette.... they went 44-17-7 in the regular season with these guys playing key minutes in all situations... I think they’d be just fine.

I tihnk that had more to do with Jones, Maksimov, Akil Thomas, Jason Robertson, Lodnia, Studnicka, Tomasino...

Landry+Kaliyev for McTavish+Spearing+all the 2nds

lol

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I'd also rather whichever of Reilly Webb/Hayden Davis that SAG doesn't keep as their 3rd OA to Paquette/Hunter

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Why is it that the Petes are always so slow getting things done in the offseason... most teams have announced signings by now from the recent draft or prospects from last seasons draft...

News from the Petes? Absolutely nothing.

All the teams your seeing sign guys have all had there rookie camps already we have not. Plus you can’t make trades when the season isn’t over yet

Reactions: Bra Wavers

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
It's interesting to me that Adam Fox did the OHL thing to the NHL. Drafted by Calgary, refused to sign there, only wanted to play for NY Rangers. Traded to Carolina, wouldn't sign there, only wanted to play for the NY Rangers.

Traded yesterday to the NY Rangers for what will likely end up being 2x 2nd round picks and expected to sign immediately. I wonder if more US College kids will go this route and just pick the team they want to play for (rules are different for players drafted from the CHL).

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
It's a scummy move but at least Fox told two teams well in advance he won't sign with them so they could trade him, instead of losing that asset for nothing as a free agent like Vesey and Schultz and Butcher.

All in all it's just gonna hurt the NCAA's stock the more it happens, it will become it's own "Russia factor". Can this kid just hold out for 4 years and dart to free agency, way as well just draft out of the CHL where we control their rights.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I understand that Newport also represents Butler let's hope that they are not trying to put doubts in Butler and his parents minds. Both kids are from the Ottawa area.

I sure hope not. Butler had a great first season and it seemed like Wilson did a good job developing him. I can't see why he'd be unhappy here, especially when the team looks like a possible contender next season.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I sure hope not. Butler had a great first season and it seemed like Wilson did a good job developing him. I can't see why he'd be unhappy here, especially when the team looks like a possible contender next season.

Do we really look like a contender though? Who’s going to score?

Robertson.... Kirk.... Butler..... and??

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004

Well, true. I guess I should have said the organization has led us to believe they think they'll be a contender next season lol

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Merkley, Chisholm, SDA, whatever comes of McTavish ...
Gallant would be sent back to the Petes rather than assigned to ECHL.
Little, Grondin, Denault should be an excellent checking line. I kind of like the Petes roster

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Merkley, Chisholm, SDA, whatever comes of McTavish ...
Gallant would be sent back to the Petes rather than assigned to ECHL.
Little, Grondin, Denault should be an excellent checking line. I kind of like the Petes roster

Gallant has lit up the ECHL playoffs. He isnt coming back.

Oke can't f*** up this McTavish situation. He took him knowing he wasn't interested in coming. He better have a team and huge offer already lined up

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Oke can't **** up this McTavish situation. He took him knowing he wasn't interested in coming. He better have a team and huge offer already lined up

Lit up the ECHL by scoring one goal in 4 GP? Gallant is doing well with 4pts, I think. A regular shift in the AHL is a big step up though.
Hopefully, Gallant is returned. Oke can acquire two good OA by the deadline if not.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Oke can't **** up this McTavish situation. He took him knowing he wasn't interested in coming. He better have a team and huge offer already lined up

If McTavish fails to show my understanding is they can't trade him for players until January. In September he could be traded for draft picks and that is not what we need. Tell me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino